Hi all,

As mentioned in Kevin's review, the charging pod seems to rock. However, the title of this post says it all. I use a Seidio rubberized hard case, and am wondering if the charging tabs in the 'pod are long enough to reach into this (very slim) case.

Has anyone tried this? I would really like verification before I buy two pods, one for my office and one for my home. If it works, GREAT. If not, I'll have to go with Seidio's own pod, which is quite a bit chunkier. Not horribly so, but not nearly as sexy as the BB.

Thanks for any replies from people who have actually tried this.

-Eric
    03-21-08 06:25 PM
    I don't believe so. I have a similar case, and mine does not work. A bit annoying, albeit now I don't use a case...
    03-21-08 06:56 PM
    Thanks Navi, guess I'll have to go with the big ugly. Alas.
    03-21-08 11:57 PM
    My Seidio rubberized hard case came today..... and no, it doesn't work with the BB charger pod. Just a LITTLE too thick to fit. Guess I should have done my homework before I pulled out the credit card.....
    03-26-08 04:56 PM
    You can easily charge your BlackBerry with the OtterBox case. It offers maximum protection too. I got mine from Semsons & Co. Inc. and I just read on a blog from Semsons & Co. Inc. that they are offering free shipping on their unbeatable OtterBox cases for iPhones and BlackBerries. This offer expires 4/14/08. They don't usually offer promotions like this, so take advantage of it while you can.
    04-02-08 12:55 PM
    The question was regarding charging with the BLACKBERRY POD charger.

Not the USB cable.

I seriously doubt the otterbox would allow the pins in the back, considering it won't allow water in.

You can easily charge your BlackBerry with the OtterBox case. It offers maximum protection too. I got mine from Semsons & Co. Inc. and I just read on a blog from Semsons & Co. Inc. that they are offering free shipping on their unbeatable OtterBox cases for iPhones and BlackBerries. This offer expires 4/14/08. They don't usually offer promotions like this, so take advantage of it while you can.
    04-02-08 04:00 PM
    The otterbox for blackberries aren't waterproof. They're water resistant and they have silicone plugs where you can pull out in case you need to access the sync/charge jack. But you're right, I misread and didn't realize you were asking about the pod charger. My bad...
    04-08-08 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD