I have seen these, and think it may be a great thing to have next to my bed (and also save wear and tear on the USB port).

My question is this: I have a tether that of course, is attached to the phone on the bottom, where it would sit in the charger. Would this affect the use of the pod?

Anyone know?

Thanks!
    08-16-09 07:11 PM
    apple_martini:

I don't think it would, the contacts for charging are on the bottom right and left corners (more so, on the sides).

So long as the tether doesn't interfere with it actually sitting in the dock, you're set.

...Easiest thing to do would probably goto a retailer selling the dock and ask them to let you try sitting your berry into the dock prior to purchasing. I'm pretty sure that most stores would accomodate doing this for you.
    08-16-09 08:16 PM
    The bottom of the phone must sit snug into the bottom of the charger to use the USB connected to the back of the cradle. The two charging pads at the bottom of the phone must touch the two pads on the cradle.

You have two options:
    >put the phone into the cradle .. it will not go in all the way
    then attach the USB from the computer or AC charge to the USB port on the phone

>remove the tether.
    Put the phone into the cradle.
    You can either plug into the USB at the back of the charging cradle or plug the USB cable into the USB port on the phone.

The photo does not show the phone but the two pads on the charger are left and right sides

BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail
    08-16-09 08:21 PM
    Thanks for the responses!

I'm going to try to find a retailer around who is selling this.

I am not really sure I want to have to remove the tether every night before charging, sounds like a pain to me! I see that the charging contacts are on the sides of the phone, I'm hoping that the cord to my tether is thin enough to let this contact still happen.

We will see.

thanks!
    08-16-09 10:38 PM
    I have one as well, with a tether too. The cord that actually goes into the phone comes out of the phone about an inch (2.54cm) before the actual tether starts, and I am able to place into the dock perfectly. The tether just comes over the top of the dock and lays in front of the phone. If yours is similar then you are fine. If the actual tether is snug up against the phone then you might be out of luck.
    Also, are you from/in Japan? Just curious since tethers are huge in Japan and almost every store (grocery/game/phone/etc) has a section for them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 11:35 PM
    thanks! has the same question prevously
    08-17-09 08:43 AM
    I have one as well, with a tether too. The cord that actually goes into the phone comes out of the phone about an inch (2.54cm) before the actual tether starts, and I am able to place into the dock perfectly. The tether just comes over the top of the dock and lays in front of the phone. If yours is similar then you are fine. If the actual tether is snug up against the phone then you might be out of luck.
    Also, are you from/in Japan? Just curious since tethers are huge in Japan and almost every store (grocery/game/phone/etc) has a section for them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No, actually, I'm from the States! I made mine myself, and the black 'cord' that attaches to the phone itself is about an inch long. (the tether part I purchased, and I made the pretty dangly part that attaches to the tether cord).

anyway, yes, it's about an inch long. It sounds like yours.

Thanks for the info!
    08-17-09 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD