Has anyone else purchased Blackberry's Soft Shell Cover case for their 9850 and noticed poor reception? I was ready to exchange my 9850 until I realized it was the cover causing the reception issues. Everything sounded fine on my end, but everyone I spoke with said there was loud scratching noises, and could hear themselves echoing their conversations.

If others purchased this cover and haven't had problems, I'll probably still exchange my 9850 for another one. However, ever since I removed the cover it's worked perfectly.
    Last edited by wldpig; 09-15-11 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Wrong Case described
    09-14-11 09:12 PM
    I have the same cover but have only had 2 phone conversations today. They haven't said anything to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 09:46 PM
    Are you referring to the hard case/shell combo model?

If so, I've had mine since Monday and haven't had any issues.
    09-15-11 06:18 AM
    Actually, I made a mistake by calling it the "hard shell." It is Blackberry's Soft Shell case for the 9850, and it is one piece. I will edit and repost this thread. Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by wldpig; 09-15-11 at 09:56 AM.
    09-15-11 09:53 AM
    Since you hear them fine, but they don't hear you clearly, maybe the mic is being covered by the case. Maybe make sure the hole in the case lines up with the phone's mic, or maybe it's not punched through all the way.

I purchased the BB Premium two-piece case and it works perfectly with my 9850. No audio issues at all.
    09-15-11 01:47 PM
    I purchased the BlackBerry blue silicone & hardshell combo, and when I use it people calling me say they can hear themselves echo. As soon as I remove the case they do not.

For me it always sounds clear, it's the other callers who have the issue when I use the case. It's very bizarre.
    10-14-11 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD