Does anyone know if the otter box for the current bolds will work on the new 9650 coming out? I prefer the otter box since it offers more "weight/bulk" to me (yes I'd rather have a heavy phone then a light one).

And also, I've been able to upgrade my phone for a while being a premier customer. Do they allow upgrades to their premier customers, or it's just going to be the price they show all over currently?
    05-11-10 10:33 PM
    Does anyone know if the otter box for the current bolds will work on the new 9650 coming out? I prefer the otter box since it offers more "weight/bulk" to me (yes I'd rather have a heavy phone then a light one).

And also, I've been able to upgrade my phone for a while being a premier customer. Do they allow upgrades to their premier customers, or it's just going to be the price they show all over currently?
    The cases for the other Bolds will not work on the 9650, as it has the same size as the Tour 9630. Buttons and ports may be different though, so I wouldn't buy a Tour case just yet, either, just to be safe!
    05-11-10 10:38 PM
    And I'm sure that since it may only be a minimal change in the tour design there won't be a long wait for cases.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-10 11:41 PM
    hmm, guess i'll run around with it in the blackberry case for a while if it isn't a turd until otterbox releases a case for it. Can't imagine a better case for it
    05-11-10 11:42 PM
    It's interesting that several companies are offering "Bold 9650" cases already on the CB marketplace, but Otterbox isn't one of them.

MG
    05-12-10 10:15 AM
    The 9650 will be identical in size to the 9630 except for the keyboard where a trackpad will replace the trackball and the top row of keys will be slightly taller as well as the bottom row of keys being slightly shorter. The overall bezel size, screen size, battery door size, camera/flash location, port locations, buttons and speaker/mic locations will be the same as the Tour 9630, so most all cases and other accessories for the 9630 will work with the new 9650 when released.
    05-12-10 11:10 AM
    The 9650 will be identical in size to the 9630 except for the keyboard where a trackpad will replace the trackball and the top row of keys will be slightly taller as well as the bottom row of keys being slightly shorter. The overall bezel size, screen size, battery door size, camera/flash location, port locations, buttons and speaker/mic locations will be the same as the Tour 9630, so most all cases and other accessories for the 9630 will work with the new 9650 when released.
    This is from the front page of Crackberry.

Take Note: MicroUSB Port Location on the BlackBerry Bold 9650 IS Slightly Different Than on the Tour 9630 | CrackBerry.com
    05-12-10 05:57 PM
    You know, funny thing is, my Tour charging port measures to be in exactly the same position as the bottom photo which is labeled as being the 9650, and NOT in the same position as top photo which labeled as the 9630.
    05-13-10 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD