06-02-12 08:45 PM
55 123
tools
    I go naked, BB Hard Case, Casemate Brushed Aluminum, and Otter Commuter to suit my mood!
    12-05-11 11:18 AM
    Your 3 choices.

Naked. Sexiness level 10/10
    OEM Hard Shell. Sexiness level 9/10
    Otterbox Commuter. Sexiness level 8/10

I forgot, iSkin Aura. Go check that out.
    12-05-11 11:29 AM
    The aluminum band around the 9900, while very aesthetically appealing, makes it feel a bit slippery in my hands. I prefer a surface with more traction, so I ordered the soft shell OEM case, translucent. This case isn't really "soft" as you might suppose. The material is firm but flexible. It has a satin finish, which is just about ideal for me. The aluminum band is still clearly visible, but from the back the rest of the phone is silver-gray. The material is thicker than the hard shell case, I think, but that doesn't bother me. There's just enough lip around the front edge to prevent the screen from contacting a smooth surface, if I were foolish enough to set it down face-down.

No doubt it's harder to work the side buttons through the case than it would be through the cut-outs on the hard shell case, but that's not to say it's hard. I have no problem with them.

I may look at other cases at some point, assuming I can solve the battery life problem and decide to keep the thing, but for now the soft shell is doing a good job.
    king benny likes this.
    12-05-11 12:35 PM
    I get the black hardshell and its great, but I'm tempted to rock it naked, such a beauty!
    12-05-11 04:01 PM
    i have the white hardshell. imo it has a decidedly different personality than the naked look, both being almost equally attractive.
    12-05-11 04:06 PM
    Your 3 choices.

Naked. Sexiness level 10/10
    OEM Hard Shell. Sexiness level 9/10
    Otterbox Commuter. Sexiness level 8/10

I forgot, iSkin Aura. Go check that out.
    WARNING!!! Do not buy the iSkin Aura - especially in white!!! It was the biggest mistake I could have ever made. As for aesthetics, it's a beautiful case and feels great in the hands. At first, I thought this was the best case I ever bought. But it has a HUGE issue - it gets dirty (which is expected for white coloured cases) and is IMPOSSIBLE to clean. My wife put it in her red purse (that she has had for years and uses regularly) and it sucked all the red dye - the case is now pink and you can't get it off. Mine also looks dirty just from general use and I am very careful with handling my devices. The black version might be ok - but avoid the white version at all costs!
    12-05-11 05:10 PM
    My BB goes free and naked. Even when I've decided to put cases on my Berries before, it doesn't take long for me to miss the original look and feel of the phone before the case is off again.
    12-05-11 07:52 PM
    Not to mention the three H's. brrrrr...
    The three H's?
    12-05-11 07:55 PM
    mixed reviews to say the least hahah! i think i will leave mine naked for a while and possibly get a couple cases for Christmas or something! thanks for all of you're input!
    12-05-11 08:58 PM
    Don't case it I haven't had a case on a bb since my 8310 even then, I removed it after a month of use.
    12-05-11 09:01 PM
    My 9930 has the invisible shield on the front (except for the piece where the buttons are) and it also covers the back battery cover and area around the shooter. So, mine is naked except for that.
    12-05-11 09:24 PM
    I think I prefer no case, but I'm still deciding.

I just bought the leather sleeve. Love it
    12-05-11 09:28 PM
    With Verizon getting as picky as they seem to be, any scratches indicates "abuse" to them. So if you needed to replace your phone for any reason they would refer you to the insurance, costing you at least 100.00. I use the Otterbox Impact. Easy on, easy off.
    12-06-11 08:01 AM
    I prefer the OEM leather slip case. Great protection in the pocket and phone is naked when in use. I also added a screen protector or additional safeguard.
    12-06-11 08:10 AM
    I prefer using my bb naked, or I use the leather pouch sometimes but I NEVER use the case
    12-06-11 08:23 AM
    Bought a shell/holster combo for it when I first got it, but it took away from the elegance and sleekness of the phone. Its just too classy looking to cover it up. I went out and bought the oem pouch to keep it protected while in my pocket.
    12-06-11 09:04 AM
    The 9900 looks way to good as is, i have dropped mine several times and its pretty resistant to marking
    12-06-11 09:48 AM
    Get the leather pouch from Blackberry for protection when it's in your pocket or the hopefully rare instances you drop it. This way you can still preserve the naked beauty of the device.
    12-06-11 11:21 AM
    Hi all. I love my BB naked, however, I'm so clumsy with phones I've opted for a case.

Makes it looks 100 times bigger than it is, but better safe then sorry.

12-06-11 11:43 AM
    OtterBox Commuter !
    nuff said
    01-22-12 07:58 AM
    I use to use a case but then after using different cases on vairous phones I found a case can still scratch your device whether it be the case itself or how much debri and dust most cases collect in them. I'd much rather have the better looking naked device then putting a big bulky ugly case. Maybe a screen protector and as far as the battery door goes they make OEM replacement ones like $10 plus shipping. If it gets to scratched up just my opinion from what I've experienced with the various phones I have owned.
    03-13-12 04:36 AM
    I have bought several different cases for my 9930 and I still haven't found one I like more then no case at all. The phone feels great by itself so I only find myself using bigger cases like Otterbox Commuter or Seidio Active when I go hiking or the bars.

Sometimes I will throw on the white hard shell for work just to get some extra looks at my phone. I'm tempted to get the white housing when I do this so I don't do it often.

I did pick up the leather sleeve for the phone as well. LED is visible and if I toss it on my desk at work or anything I don't worry about scratches not to mention the magnet/sleeper feature is nice.

Either way it all comes down to what you like and how you treat your device.

List of cases I have for my 9930 are:
    Case-Mate Barely There Brushed Aluminum
    BlackBerry White Hard Shell
    Verzon Holster+Hard Shell Combo
    BlackBerry Leather Sleeve *
    Otterbox Commuter
    Sedio Active Holster Combo *

The ones with the stars are my most used besides no case at all. I can post pics of any of these if anyone wants just let me know.
    03-14-12 02:25 AM
    I got my new 9930 the Blackberry Hard Shell Case. WOW!!! What a sweet....great fitting......super looking case!! Adds no weight and it leaves a little of that beautiful stainless steel edge showing. If you haven't checked out Kevin's video on it....take a look at it. It's truly one fantastic case!!
    03-14-12 02:00 PM
    I use the case mate POP case and I love it! I looks really good, protects well and wasn't to expensive at all on ebay! Once and a while though when I remove the case I get a rush of happiness because the phone looks soooo good naked!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-19-12 08:55 PM
    Natural naked beauty man!! Unprotected is the way to go, it just feels SO much better too
    I prefer unprotected. It's my favourite. My missis isn't as keen though...
    04-30-12 08:51 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD