I was wondering if anyone knows anything about buying an extra battery for the Storm 9530. I found a place on Amazon selling extra batteries for under $20, but it seems too good to be true. The product description states that it is a RIMA D-X1 Battery for Storm 9500/8900. I am new to the BlackBerry universe and have not heard anything about RIMA (different than RIM?). Anyhow, would a battery for the 9500 even work properly for the 9530? I really dont want to mess up my wonderful new toy and any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    03-20-09 11:11 AM
    I picked up two 8900/9500 batteries from eBay, together with an external charger (has 2 flip-out prongs to plug into an outlet) for about $22 shipped. The batteries look exactly like the OEM battery, and they are made in China just like the OEM one.

I've been using one new battery for about a week. The eBay batteries only charge to about 95-96%, but they work fine with expected life. My second battery discharged maybe 1-2% since charging it over a week ago. I keep a spare battery (charged) in my backpack for emergencies. No problems at all with these batteries or charger.
    03-29-09 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD