• I'm buying a Blackberry 10 but I wouldn't support you

1 6.25%
  • I'm not buying a BlackBerry 10 but I would support you

2 12.50%
  • I'm buying a BlackBerry 10 but I don't use cases

4 25.00%
  • I strongly encourage you NOT to do anything

1 6.25%
    I'm long time BlackBerry user/abuser and a recent BlackBerry shareholder and also an entrepreneur. Before taking any major steps, I want to do my research and ask you – the CrackBerry Community, whether or not you would be in favour of my idea.

With the BlackBerry 10 set to be launched in Q1 of 2013, I would like to manufacture a high-quality silicone and aluminum shockproof and waterproof resistant case with no compromise to look and style. I go through many different environments, and every BlackBerry I ever had – I always managed to damage it.

Companies like OtterBox and OverBoard only perform the function of superior protection or waterproof but never both. And let’s face it; those cases don’t look very stylish. A phone like BlackBerry 10 should be shown off, not covered and hidden. This is why I want to manufacture a case for the CrackBerry Community made of premium silicone and aluminum with a protective gorilla glass to protect the screen. (0.8mm Corning Gorilla Glass 2 - ) Along with the case, I will also be designing a professional looking holster for those who prefer a holster instead of sliding phones into their pockets.

I will be working alongside with an engineering firm and developing the prototype very closely to ensure the case is exactly the way CrackBerry Nation would want it. I will be sure to incorporate your ideas and suggestions. I have already found the engineering firm that has agreed to assist me in the design and prototyping.

My Plan:

1. Invest in the design and prototype
    2. Once the prototype is complete. I will be turning to kickstarter.com for the fundings where I will show off my prototype and anyone that would be interested in one or would like to support me, can pledge.

However, before I make the jump. I want to ask you guys whether or not I should go ahead with this project. I will of course have to wait until the BlackBerry 10 is revealed with all the dimensions or until the phone itself is actually released.

I'm all for this and willing to spend my time and money into this project. Its a product made by a BlackBerry user for the BlackBerry Community.

Let me know if I have your support.
    Last edited by rajdeep.malhi; 07-08-12 at 09:18 PM.
    07-05-12 07:57 PM
    That would be a good investment for someone in the waterborne environment. The current waterproof products are nothing more than durable plastic bags. I either have to try to push buttons through the bag or take it out to use it...and that's usually without the protective case.
    rajdeep.malhi likes this.
    07-05-12 08:22 PM
    99% of the time don't use a case but there are many that do. Especially on high end phones.

If you can, go for it !
    07-05-12 08:37 PM
    I'll put my disdain for silicone aside for a moment and ask how is the protective
    Gorilla Glass 2 going to work in conjunction with a touchscreen device? Would this
    not interfere with at the least gestures?
    07-05-12 08:40 PM
    Go for It! I have not seen a WaterProof Case for any BlackBerry Device...it's always been Apple.
    07-05-12 08:57 PM
    I'll put my disdain for silicone aside for a moment and ask how is the protective
    Gorilla Glass 2 going to work in conjunction with a touchscreen device? Would this
    not interfere with at the least gestures?
    I have thought about that. The new 0.8mm glass was tested on top of the iphone 4 and 4s and works perfectly and responds to gestures the same way without the glass. I hoping for the same results with the bb10. I would not add the glass if it does not work well with the bb10 and will look for alternative options.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-06-12 10:40 AM
    Thanks for that clarification. If you can make a sufficiently thin but strong
    case I think you would have a winner. Good luck and keep us posted.
    07-08-12 10:23 AM
    Thanks for that clarification. If you can make a sufficiently thin but strong
    case I think you would have a winner. Good luck and keep us posted.
    I definitely will keep the CrackBerry community posted. I've got the engineer firm willing and ready to design the case. Without disclosing too much information, I have been trying to get in contact with RIM whether or not I will have there cooperation. But once, the phone is revealed. I'm still on board to do this. Thanks for the encouragement.
    07-08-12 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD