First post...wanted to thank everyone for all the input over the last few months as I decided between the Storm, G1 and iPhone...hopefully, I get my Storm sometime this week...I was supposed to get it yesterday but that blasted FedEx signature required policy doesnt jive with my work schedule ha

Anyway, I had a question bout which holsters and pouches I can use with my phone...I bought the black silicone skin the other day and was looking for a side pouch that will fit comfortably the Storm with this skin on...also, is the skin and pouch combo smooth enough for quick and easy exit and entry?...will this do the trick?

Can't post the URL so it's sold in the Crackberry store and called "BlackBerry Leather Horizontal Pouch for Storm"

If not, what pouches should I consider that will allow the Storm and the skin on?

My other alternative is returning the silicone skin and waiting for Seidio's hard case and holster...not too big a fan of a holster so dont really want that

Not into GA or IS or any of that stuff

Thanks in advance for all the suggestions and comments!!
    12-02-08 06:06 PM
    I have a bunch of different cases. The first one I bought was the black rubber one at Best Buy, the 2nd was the custom leather holster from Verizon. However the 2 DO NOT fit together.

Then I bought the 8830 (world edition) leather holster at Best Buy, the phone does fit in pretty easily with the rubber case on it still. However the leather case is not as sleek as the Storm leather case, but since it is Blackberry branded it does put it into sleep mode.

I ended up settling on using the Storm Leather holster from the Verizon store while at work, and using the rubber skins while I am not at work.
    12-02-08 06:12 PM
    I guess I could have a pouch for some occasions and a skin for others...but I really didnt want to have to switch back and forth depending on what I was doing...maybe Ill just get the Seidio one that comes out in mid Dec...holsters just scare me...feels and looks like it's going to fall out any second and it's probably easier for pickpockets to snatch...but that's just my paranoid self talking ha

Thanks for the response!
    12-02-08 06:17 PM
    I have a bunch of different cases. The first one I bought was the black rubber one at Best Buy, the 2nd was the custom leather holster from Verizon. However the 2 DO NOT fit together.

Then I bought the 8830 (world edition) leather holster at Best Buy, the phone does fit in pretty easily with the rubber case on it still. However the leather case is not as sleek as the Storm leather case, but since it is Blackberry branded it does put it into sleep mode.

I ended up settling on using the Storm Leather holster from the Verizon store while at work, and using the rubber skins while I am not at work.
    I ended up doing basically the same thing: using the leather case when I'm out and the silicon case when I'm home. I'd like to see a leather holster/case designed for use with a silicon skin, but I doubt that it'd work too well (especially with the skin being so grippy).
    12-02-08 06:33 PM
    I used to use my old Treo leather holdster and silicon skin on my curve. Im sure something like a Treo or Moto Q holdster would work well with the storm
    12-02-08 10:36 PM
    I used to use my old Treo leather holdster and silicon skin on my curve. Im sure something like a Treo or Moto Q holdster would work well with the storm

My old moto q holster gets the job done out on the road
    12-03-08 12:49 AM
    I am currently using the silicone skin from Verizon from day one (Storm is hard to hold and type on without it) and my 8830 pouch together. However, I tried the pouch from a BlackBerry Bold and it fits nicely in there with the skin.

I ordered one off of eBay for $12.00.

Make those holsters, not pouches....
    Last edited by edward47150; 12-03-08 at 01:52 AM. Reason: incorrect terminology
    12-03-08 12:54 AM
    Instead of the Skin a nice clear protective film would be nice. One to cover the whole phone then only a case is needed.

I would like a clear film that is recessed for the click screen and that covers the buttons so dust cant get in.
    12-03-08 01:12 AM
    believe it or not, i've been using the blackberry OE case from a 67xx. it's a little wide, but works well enough until i can try out another.. plus it was free!
    12-03-08 01:12 AM
    I actually found a pouch at Target today that fits my storm with the silicone case on it. The company name is Moda Casi and it's the case for the iphone. It was $9.99
    12-03-08 01:38 AM
    I used the leather holster from my old World Edition Blackberry... Excellent fit!
    12-03-08 02:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD