03-08-10 09:03 AM
45 12
tools
    Im just going to copy my review from the crackberry app page as follows:
    "I had the Incipio silicrylic for the first storm and now I have the storm 2. The case for the storm 2 is a huge improvement over the storm 1 design. The case is like a mix between a case mate and a very light-weight silicone skin. It is soooo slim it is ridiculous. I didnt think it was possible. The back is very smooth and hard and feels and fits well in the hand. This time Incipio got it right with the button coverings. All of the coverings are fully functional and the headphone jack is aligned correctly. I prefer this over the epik case. Highly Recommended!!!!"

So yea for those of you have been waiting for it to come out but were hesitant and settled for the epik case i would go for it. Its the real deal. I ordered 2 epik cases which havent come in yet but since i jus received the silicrylic today and love it ill most likely be selling the epik cases. But yeah thats my opinion. If anyones interested ill try and post some pics. As you can see im a newbie to the forum game.

edit: added links

View image: DSCN0621.jpg
    View image: DSCN0624.jpg
    View image: DSCN0627.jpg
    View image: DSCN0648.jpg
    View image: DSCN0649.jpg
    View image: DSCN0650.jpg
    View image: DSCN0653.jpg
    Last edited by emkay47; 02-14-10 at 12:32 AM.
    02-13-10 01:34 AM
    ......link??
    02-13-10 12:38 PM
    Yeah, would love to see some pics if possible. This was one of the cases I was looking for and would love to get a closer look.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-10 01:34 PM
    Yeah, would love to see some pics if possible. This was one of the cases I was looking for and would love to get a closer look.

Yeah, me too. I would love a pic or two with your phone and the case.
    02-13-10 01:51 PM
    02-13-10 02:41 PM
    Added pics to OP as requested...will add some additional ones in a lil bit.....actually here are sum in this post as well...uploaders bein a punk so this is all i can put up for now...this pic is w/o the hard shell...hope it suffices...enjoy...
    Last edited by emkay47; 02-13-10 at 10:22 PM.
    02-13-10 08:59 PM
    The bottom buttons look like they would be a pain to push with that big lip.
    02-13-10 09:34 PM
    Can't be any worse than the Otter Defender
    02-13-10 09:57 PM
    Lol i thought so too...but surprisingly it isnt...
    02-13-10 10:16 PM
    I just got this case Wed for my 9700-I love mine. Ive owned Seidio and Otter before and this is every bit as nice IMO.
    02-13-10 10:29 PM
    I have the Otter Box Commuter, which is about the same thickness and follows the same line there along the bottom of the glass. I have fat thumbs and operating the buttons is not a problem at all.

And that Incipio looks great...I used to use the Feather on my S1 and they are a great company with great products.
    02-13-10 11:37 PM
    Im just going to copy my review from the crackberry app page as follows:
    "I had the Incipio silicrylic for the first storm and now I have the storm 2. The case for the storm 2 is a huge improvement over the storm 1 design. The case is like a mix between a case mate and a very light-weight silicone skin. It is soooo slim it is ridiculous. I didnt think it was possible. The back is very smooth and hard and feels and fits well in the hand. This time Incipio got it right with the button coverings. All of the coverings are fully functional and the headphone jack is aligned correctly. I prefer this over the epik case. Highly Recommended!!!!"

So yea for those of you have been waiting for it to come out but were hesitant and settled for the epik case i would go for it. Its the real deal. I ordered 2 epik cases which havent come in yet but since i jus received the silicrylic today and love it ill most likely be selling the epik cases. But yeah thats my opinion. If anyones interested ill try and post some pics. As you can see im a newbie to the forum game.
    here are links to the other pics since i couldnt upload them...sorry for the hassle

View image: DSCN0621.jpg
    View image: DSCN0624.jpg
    View image: DSCN0627.jpg
    View image: DSCN0648.jpg
    View image: DSCN0649.jpg
    View image: DSCN0650.jpg
    View image: DSCN0653.jpg
    Last edited by emkay47; 02-14-10 at 12:28 AM.
    02-14-10 12:22 AM
    Just ordered , should be here on Thursday .

02-14-10 12:33 AM
    Is this case thin enough to use with the OEM Blackberry Holster?

Hopefully it will because I would rather use this case over the Incipio Feather Slim Case.
    02-14-10 12:50 AM

Hopefully it will because I would rather use this case over the Incipio Feather Slim Case.
    I have an OEM holster as well. It's thin enough to use in the holster but it would be a snug fit meaning it would be just a little bit of work to take in and out of the holster. The back of case is smooth enough to slide in but the front has the smooth rubber silicone which wont slide as smoothly with the inside of holster. I feel like it would wear it out or something which is why i dont use it. If you do use the holster I suggest stretching it. It'll be a little bit more managable.
    02-14-10 01:17 AM
    So this case isn't too bulky or doesn't impede the use of the phone?

What about the silicon part? Does it seem to be a dust magnet or too 'sticky'?

How about sliding in and out of your pocket?

02-14-10 12:04 PM
    So this case isn't too bulky or doesn't impede the use of the phone?

What about the silicon part? Does it seem to be a dust magnet or too 'sticky'?

How about sliding in and out of your pocket?

No sir not at all. It isnt very bulky just to a point where it feels just right in the hand and makes it feel solid. You can tell a lot of thought went into the case design. The silicone part is a different material than the OEM silicone case. It is very light and thin so it can maintain slimness and weight of the phone with the reinforcement of the hard backing which is very thin as well. It is also smoother and not sticky. It slips in and out of the pocket easily because of the smooth backing and doesnt collect lint. But say you turn the phone over on a dusty table or something and the silicone catches dust. It wipes off with your finger or a cloth like nothing cuz its so smooth.
    Last edited by emkay47; 02-14-10 at 01:21 PM.
    02-14-10 12:43 PM

I worked around the snug fit by using a lert over 9000 OEM holster I had, fits great
    02-14-10 01:52 PM
    I worked around the snug fit by using a lert over 9000 OEM holster I had, fits great
    That works too lol. The holster I was using was an old one for the 8900 but the 9500 would fit too when it was naked so that might be it. Guess ima have to pick up the 9500 holster or find a bigger one then.
    02-14-10 02:58 PM
    im using the silicone case i got from verizon when i bought the storm. its getting a bit lose and its tough to get in and out of the pocket. this case seems to be great. best of both worlds. gel protection with a hard back. I may look into this one.
    02-14-10 06:16 PM
    One minor thing I did notice is that it changes the feel of the screen. So this could be good or bad depending on how hard/soft your clicks are initially without the case.
    02-14-10 10:16 PM
    How did it change yours? Do you think its worse or better?
    02-14-10 11:43 PM
    Goodie! Mine should be here this week!
    02-14-10 11:49 PM
    How did it change yours? Do you think its worse or better?
    Well when I first got mine the click was very soft and loose (long story short had a friend who is a vzw rep that let me go through all their storm 2's in the store till i found one I was satisfied with...) but when I use the incipio case it made my clicks a little bit firmer. I think this is due to the case gripping the phone and silicone which most cases do. You can always change your screen settings but it really depends on how your phone was when you bought it. If you bought it stiff and use it stiff the case will make it stiffer and if you got it loose/spongy then it will make it a little less spongy and a little more firmer. But it varies for different people and you can always change settings or go without the hard case. In my case (no pun intended...sike) I prefer mine loose but I dont mind it as long as I can still type and its not super stiff.
    02-14-10 11:55 PM
    So I got this case in the mail today and put it on. It's a nice case, but it is a little too snug to use with the OEM Storm holster. I tried using it with an old Tour case and while it fits good, the magnet does not work with my phone.

Does anyone know if there is another OEM BB case made for another model where the magnet works with the Storm 2?

I will probably end up selling this case and getting the Incipio feather case.

Anyone want to buy my Black Silicrylic case for $15 shipped?
    02-15-10 03:43 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD