I recently purchased the black bezel from pmonmon on Ebay but later read here that pod charging doesn't work due to the paint overspray on the metal contacts. Is that true for all black bezels that come with side buttons?

Also, anyone know if the bezels from Truesupplier come with speaker mesh?
    06-27-09 11:32 AM
    Bump! No takers?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 03:51 PM
    I have the problem with the cradle non-charging on a black bezel bought from eBay. I don't know if it's paint sprayed, if it is I sure wouldn't have done it for the price because it's an excellent job. I didn't buy it from pmonmon though.
    06-27-09 04:10 PM
    If they are just painted, strip the paint off.
    06-27-09 04:13 PM
    I have a truesuppliers one and the contact points are not painted, so charging via the pod works
    06-27-09 04:31 PM
    I have a truesuppliers one and the contact points are not painted, so charging via the pod works
    Thanks! Did your truesupplier bezel come with speaker mesh preinstalled?

06-27-09 07:47 PM
    Just install the OEM ones back on the black bezel. They just clip in and out. I did it on my black bezel in case I ever want a charging pod and it actually looks good.
    06-27-09 11:21 PM
    Just install the OEM ones back on the black bezel. They just clip in and out. I did it on my black bezel in case I ever want a charging pod and it actually looks good.
    Nah, that defeats the purpose of the all black look. Seems like the Truesupplier black contacts still allow charging so I'm set. If only someone would tell me whether their bezel comes with mesh, I'd be happy!

06-28-09 12:00 AM

10char
    06-28-09 12:46 AM
    i got mine from cnn.cn and it didn't come with mesh. i had to transfer the mesh from my original bezel (not that hard to do)
    06-28-09 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD