12-30-07 09:54 PM
49 12
tools
    thats a sick look!
    12-02-07 10:05 PM
    Which skin is this exactly from the cnn.cn site?

Thanks
    The whole case is from the CNN site. its a complete OEM Black Housing replacement, with the black Keyboard.. just make sure you select US, and sometimes even if you do they send you a belgium kb like they did me.. Now I gotta wait 10 days to recieve it =(

but all in all I'm happy with my purchase, now im just debating on what housing protector to get from Seidoonline =)
    12-03-07 02:50 AM
    The manufacture is Emerson Knives Inc.
    Wow that sexy knife is 100 bux.. I was thinking 20-25 but SHIZZAM its 99.00 outta my price league for a fancy knife. =)
    12-03-07 02:52 AM
    Man you beat me to the punch. You did exactly what i want to do to my pale a$$ Verizon 8830. Good job btw on the pics and skin.
    12-04-07 02:02 AM
    It's not a "Skin" its an OEM replacement housing. The sprint 8830 comes in black, so that company cnn.cn sells those housings for us VZW users to convert the ugly silver to sexy black. =)
    12-04-07 04:29 AM
    Very nice
    12-04-07 11:29 AM
    Oh , I see...yep I wouldn't like the Verizon color...If your going to have the best BB it should be classy looking also. I think the Black one looks classy.. Verizon one, YUCK. Just my opinion.

Sonny
    yeah... i'm about to slap a "my dog ate your honor student" bumper sticker on mine
    12-04-07 03:31 PM
    i went to the site which one did you use, the full case or did you buy them separate, also where did you get the tools?
    12-04-07 04:06 PM
    I just received black housing, black keyboard, and side rails from cnn.cn and did the swap over today. BB looks very nice. I only had one issue the right side rail with its two sided tape was covering the volume up button so when I removed wit green tool and also with a little pursuasion the little black button was brokken off of the inside of the phone. Now I can not turn the volume up on the side of the phone. I know that if I use a bluetooth headset then the volume automatically goes to the maximum, however I don't always like to use blutooth.

Any ideas as to what I should do to remedy.

Even though I ran into this problem i'd do it again in a second.

Now I have to decide what clip I am going to get and also whether or not to get a best skin ever also.
    12-04-07 11:05 PM
    All those sexy knives and no guns? Tisk tisk.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-07 11:20 PM
    I know people are going to say, "They're exactly the same but just different colors." I've heard people say that they can feel a difference in the two keyboards. Some say that the black feels different from the stock Verizon silver keyboard. Some say that there is more of a click when they press the buttons. To anyone who has switched out the housing and the keyboard. Do you feel any difference switching to the black keyboard? Opinions?
    12-06-07 04:05 AM
    I've experienced absolutely no difference between the original (silver) keyboard and the new (black) keyboard. I have noticed that the feel has alot to do with the extent that you tighten down the torx screws on the back. Just an FYI...
    12-06-07 08:45 AM
    I went to cnn site, see the case but not the keys in black?
    can you get different colors for for the keys?
    Also i see the picture in silver above but no large image in black?
    looking at the avatar they are so small really hard to tell what they look like and what color the keys are. can someone post a large picture of black?
    Thanks Wally
    12-28-07 02:54 AM
    Can You Get Different Color Cases??
    12-28-07 12:34 PM
    I went to cnn site, see the case but not the keys in black?
    can you get different colors for for the keys?
    Also i see the picture in silver above but no large image in black?
    looking at the avatar they are so small really hard to tell what they look like and what color the keys are. can someone post a large picture of black?
    Thanks Wally
    BlackBerry 8800/8830 OEM black keyboard - French- NEC, SonyEricsson, Motorola, Dopod/O2, Alcatel, Apple, Samsung, 3G, LG, Acer, HT
    12-28-07 12:37 PM
    must have been my work computer blocking out the photos last night.. I love the black I'm ordering them now. Are they pretty easy to change. I'm thinking about only doing the keys and the face plate. That can be done correct?
    12-28-07 07:26 PM
    On the site I see the Black case but not the keyboard. Is the French black keyboard the same?
    12-30-07 10:22 AM
    wallyquier,

Yes, the front and keys can be replaced separately from the back.

MrMPX,

The French keyboard is different, though I'm not sure exactly how. I emailed back and forth with somebody at cnn.cn and he said that the black US keyboard is on back-order from the manufacturer and he does not know when they will come in next.

If somebody has another source for the black keyboard, it would be much appreciated.
    12-30-07 11:40 AM
    Thanks Slog123! Thought I was slipping a cog there.
    12-30-07 12:37 PM
    nice looking! so, what is cnn?
    12-30-07 05:23 PM
    12-30-07 05:30 PM
    For anyone that is asking me questions in regards to the 8830 I used to have, please me or email me any questions since I don't check this 8830we forum much, since I no longer have the device and I am on the pearl. Thanks for the comments and sorry if i missed any question or comments before
    12-30-07 06:06 PM
    Hey, di you want to send me the old 8830, so I could have the case?? Just kidding!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-07 06:15 PM
    By the way the Cingular units come all black. I was looking at my wifes 8830 I bought her a few months ago and I thought it was all black and sure enough it is. LOL

Went to the mall and picked up a all black outer "shell" they had them in a few colors including fo-carbon

Now all I need is the black keyboard
    12-30-07 09:54 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD