I have an 8330 and just put it in an OtterBox case for the Curve. What's the big hole in the top of the case? Is it there to allow the speaker phone to be heard? Is it there for some of the other 8300 series BBs? There is no visable connecter showing in that location. OtterBox customer support says it is on all their Curve cases but didn't have a reason for it being there.
    10-17-08 11:55 AM
    I have the otter box on my 8310, at the top of my BB there is two slots that the sounds come out of... ie ringtones. So my guess that is what the big hole at the top is for
    10-17-08 01:01 PM
    I have the otter box on my 8310, at the top of my BB there is two slots that the sounds come out of... ie ringtones. So my guess that is what the big hole at the top is for
    It's strange... they put the speaker facing the back of the device, yet the holes (slots) are on top. But that is what the hole on top of the Otterbox is for. If you have the plastic membrane installed there should be some other material covering most of that hole from underneath, but it doesn't quite line up properly.
    10-17-08 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD