I am about to buy a black bezel and was watching this video prior to the purchase:

The guy is using a blue triangular curved corner tool called a Case Removal Tool. Is it absolutely necessary to buy one of those?

If so, where do you get one?
    If not, what can I use instead?

Also can someone define bezel for me? My understanding of it is that it's just the outer shell of the blackberry.
    06-07-09 10:02 AM
    No, it is not necessary. You can use anything soft sided. The key is to be very careful, don't rush it and don't force anything, you will be fine.
    06-07-09 10:05 AM
    Most of the time if you purchase from ebay they come with the removal tool. Generally they are long and green, similar to a screw driver, but soft... Not sure where you could be the triangle one though.

Bezel is just the silver part around side or edge of the phone, not including buttons, charging contacts, or other closure pieces.
    06-07-09 10:11 AM
    You don't need to buy any tools online. I had a guitar pick handy but I just used my finger to pop the motherboard out. For the T5 screws I picked up a nice precision non-magnetic driver from the Home Depot that has multiple bits for about the same price as cnn.cn's single driver
    06-07-09 10:56 AM
    ok thanks a lot
    06-07-09 02:19 PM
    Heck, I used a metal toe nail filer. Do not use this, but it shows that it's not needed.
    06-07-09 02:22 PM
    ive taken mine apart without any tools, aside from the T5
    06-07-09 02:25 PM
    same here. all i needed was the T5
    06-08-09 07:44 PM
    anyone ever consider using a needle to remove the small white warranty sticker thats on one of the T5 screws. i removed the warranty sticker when i was making sure i would be able to disassemble the bold without any problems when i received my new parts from Buy cell phone parts, cellular phone repair parts, earbuds, wholesale/retail and painted them.

while putting the bold back together, i was very careful and took my time lining up the warranty sticker with the top of the screw. at a detailed look, you cant even tell that i took the warranty sticker off.

i did the same thing with my storm when i had it and tried to fix the screen click issue. (i had WAAAY too much play in the screen while using it) verizon took the storm back with no issues when i exchanged it for the curve 8330.
    06-08-09 09:47 PM
    A t5, and a bottle of sour mash.
    06-08-09 09:49 PM
    the guitar pick is not really necessary . I took mine apart using my fingers . The key is to be very careful . Good luck !
    06-09-09 12:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD