I jus got a new holster for my Tour. I have noticed that by the end of my BB workday, I have 1-2 more batt bars left than before. I think that this is caused by the screen shutting itself off upon holstering the device. Any similar experiences?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-10 06:15 AM
    It may sound dumb but in my opinion this is completely true. I think it is just that you aren't going to have as many random key presses and what not. I have berry buzz so my led will still just go nuts when i need it to but having the screen and keyboard light up in your pocket probably does kill the battery a good amount.
    07-28-10 07:38 AM
    It's not an opinion, it is designed to do exactly that. That is why folks recommend using a holster or pouch with the 'sleeper' feature, with activates a magnetic switch in the device. Notice if you turn the screen on and put it in the holster, it shuts off immediately.

Now, as many times as you holster/unholster the BlackBerry, you're saving quite a few minutes off of your screen time. Even at 15 or 30 seconds, that's a fair sum of juice, given the course of a day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 07-28-10 at 08:00 AM.
    07-28-10 07:55 AM
    +1 for the OEM holster. Have used one on every device I had: Pearl, Curve, Storm, Storm2, Tour and now Bold. It's a must have in my book.
    Last edited by plkcable; 07-28-10 at 09:03 AM.
    07-28-10 07:58 AM
    Have you noticed that PIN messages don't alert (no sound or vibrate, just LED) while in holster? I've been told this is an OS 5 bug, for which RIM has no fix, but haven't had anyone confirm it yet.
    08-01-10 07:13 PM
    Have you noticed that PIN messages don't alert (no sound or vibrate, just LED) while in holster? I've been told this is an OS 5 bug, for which RIM has no fix, but haven't had anyone confirm it yet.
    have never had this problem i of course have made sure that it says to always ring which is setting in each choice in the profile.
    08-01-10 08:52 PM
    The holster has the sleeper function. That really saves your battery during the course of a day.
    08-01-10 09:39 PM
    Are there any pouches that offer the same type of sleeper behavior that the OEM holster does?

I don't usually need the belt clip and the OEM holster is a little on the thick side.
    08-02-10 09:08 AM
    You can get a pocket pouch, works great.
    08-02-10 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD