Hey guys,

Finally purchased a full body skin for my bold 9700 from:

Cell Phone Skins & Protective Covers - iPhone Skins, Blackberry Skins, iPod Skins, Apple Laptop Skins - Best Skins Ever

and decided to put up a video review of it.

Check it.

Overall: Good quality stuff.
    Let me know if you guys have any questions or comments.
    03-30-10 09:59 PM
    good job on the video!

very clean!
    03-30-10 10:04 PM
    Just an update, it looks pretty clean as installed, all the air bubbles are all gone!
    04-10-10 08:09 PM
    Awesome review ^_^
    04-10-10 08:25 PM
    The only problem I have with a BSE is the orange-peel effect on the screen. I still prefer them over the other full body skins because of their price.
    04-11-10 06:21 PM
    Excellent review and video. I swear by BSE.

I still don't get this "orange peel effect" thing. I have a BSE on 6 different devices
    and they are quite smooth. Besides, I don't have a touchscreen so even if it did
    exist I would not care.
    04-11-10 07:26 PM
    i see that you didnt use a spray bottle with a water and liquid soap mixture like they recommend. when i put one on my pearl a few years ago that really helped with the air bubbles and stretching. it also made it easier to slide the skin properly into place.
    04-11-10 07:41 PM
    The only problem I have with a BSE is the orange-peel effect on the screen. I still prefer them over the other full body skins because of their price.
    i recently bought a pair of screen protectors from them and they're using a new material. It doesn't feel as stretchy as the old stuff but still really durable and no orange effect. it looks like nothing is on there.
    04-11-10 09:18 PM
    Worst experience yet by BSE, I ordered on the 16th of last month and still have no received the skin yet. Apparently got lost in the mail, they mailed another and still not here, emailed them and they sent yet another... So a total of 3 heading my way with no end with this crap in sight....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 09:24 PM
    Worst experience yet by BSE, I ordered on the 16th of last month and still have no received the skin yet. Apparently got lost in the mail, they mailed another and still not here, emailed them and they sent yet another... So a total of 3 heading my way with no end with this crap in sight....

That is a problem with the mailing company, not bse
    04-11-10 09:49 PM
    shankeith:
    what theme are you using? looks awesome!
    04-11-10 11:05 PM
    awee. should have waited for this before I applied mine

The solution actually makes it a lot easier but you have to be careful not to make it too wet or else the sides won't stick. I also used a hair dryer
    Last edited by j.lai; 04-12-10 at 12:08 AM.
    04-11-10 11:59 PM
    Fantastic review. Totally sold me. I ordered it right after seeing your 10 min tutorial. I too noticed a few minor scratches. Being in ocd about keeping my 9700 clean ( I carry a microfiber cloth everywhere) this seemed like the next logical choice.

Thanks again for the time and effort OP took to make the review. : )
    04-12-10 03:38 PM
    Definitely ordered because of the review.

Quick shipping, can't argue with the price.

Had trouble installing the top ear piece one, now there's small bubbles under it and doesn't look very good.

However, with that being sad, I can confidently say I can do much better the second time around though.
    04-22-10 06:02 PM
    edit: double post
    04-22-10 06:05 PM
    shankeith:
    what theme are you using? looks awesome!
    Defined Pro, coming next month, its a theme im working on, Defined Lite is available somewhere here on crackberry for free

Definitely ordered because of the review.

Quick shipping, can't argue with the price.

Had trouble installing the top ear piece one, now there's small bubbles under it and doesn't look very good.

However, with that being sad, I can confidently say I can do much better the second time around though.
    the bubbles will probably be gone soon
    04-22-10 06:10 PM
    What is the cleaner you sprayed on your BB?
    04-22-10 06:24 PM
    What is the cleaner you sprayed on your BB?
    Monster Screen Cleaner, Use it for everything!
    04-22-10 06:33 PM
    BSE has been the best thing I bought for my phone so far. Only installation problem I had was on the top piece by the mute and stand by buttons it didnt settle down good so it always popping up.
    04-22-10 08:00 PM
    BSE has been the best thing I bought for my phone so far. Only installation problem I had was on the top piece by the mute and stand by buttons it didnt settle down good so it always popping up.
    use a hair dryer and get it nice and hot once you get the main part of the skin to stick. it'll make it soft and flexible and it'll form right to it. you can barely even tell mine's on there.
    04-24-10 01:32 PM
    use a hair dryer and get it nice and hot once you get the main part of the skin to stick. it'll make it soft and flexible and it'll form right to it. you can barely even tell mine's on there.
    Im gonna go and give it a try now but its been like 2 weeks since I installed. Do you think that matters at all ?
    04-24-10 03:24 PM
    great tip, it worked great to correct the application of my BSE.
    04-24-10 04:11 PM
    Thanks that worked great even though I had my BSE on for weeks I tried the blow dryer trick n it still worked great..... Thank You

04-30-10 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD