12-09-09 10:09 AM
47 12
tools
    Here are 3 photos of the Platinum Series Case from Best Buy, sorry for crappy quality, took them w/the built in camera on my MacBook.
    I liked the Innocase II for my Storm 1 but it is not yet available from Seidio for the Storm 2. This Platinum Series Case from Best Buy is similar and it looks like it will do the job, however, I can't find it for the Storm 2 (9500) on Best Buy's website (other then coming soon for Onyx).

Maybe I'll have to drive down to Best Buy and see it they have it in stock.

Has anyone "tested" the case yet, meaning dropped your Storm 2 while it was in the case? The Innocase II save my Storm 1 more than once!
    11-22-09 06:21 PM
    I liked the Innocase II for my Storm 1 but it is not yet available from Seidio for the Storm 2. This Platinum Series Case from Best Buy is similar and it looks like it will do the job, however, I can't find it for the Storm 2 (9500) on Best Buy's website (other then coming soon for Onyx).

Maybe I'll have to drive down to Best Buy and see it they have it in stock.

Has anyone "tested" the case yet, meaning dropped your Storm 2 while it was in the case? The Innocase II save my Storm 1 more than once!
    I think the issue with the innocase is that is one of those snap cases and when you drop cases like that, the case breaks open potentially damaging your phone. I checked bestbuys site for that case and they didn't have it listed for me either, but when I went in, there it was - the Platinum case for the storm II. It listed it as Made for the Storm 9550.
    11-22-09 06:43 PM
    sedio inocase all the way
    11-22-09 07:40 PM
    I think the issue with the innocase is that is one of those snap cases and when you drop cases like that, the case breaks open potentially damaging your phone. I checked bestbuys site for that case and they didn't have it listed for me either, but when I went in, there it was - the Platinum case for the storm II. It listed it as Made for the Storm 9550.
    I hear you; except like Bassfisher, I have high praise for the Innocase II - it actually save my Storm 1 four times - case stayed in tact and my Storm survived, well, the storms. So, for me the Innocase II proved itself at least four times that I can remember. I do, however, think the predecessor case (Innocase) had the issues you mention.

So, unless I want to pay the inevitable price soon (and I guarantee you I will drop the Storm 2 - just the way it goes for me), I've got to get a case and holster soon. I will pop into Best Buy tomorrow or sometime this week. In the meantime, I hope you all can chime in with how your Platinum Series Case protected your Storm 2 after the dreaded drop onto a hard surface; or at maybe discuss the perceived build and protection quality the case may offer.
    11-22-09 09:11 PM
    I am using the otterbox commuter and really like it. The only issue I had was that with the screen protector on the bottom buttons were almost impossible to push. I saw in another thread that it was resolved by taking protector off. Took it off no problems at all, and it fits well in the pocket.
    Intersting... glad I did not bother with the screen protector then.
    The Otterbox Commuter is excellent. I thought I'd miss having a traditional BB pouch for pocketing my phone, but the Otterbox is fine.
    11-23-09 03:54 PM
    They told me 2 weeks ago it would be out in 2 or 3 weeks. SO that puts it this week I hope.
    I too am waiting for the 9550 Incipio Feather, had it on my S1. Had actually 2, Red and Black. Loved the feel of it and could take it in and out of pocket or case without an issue.
    11-23-09 05:45 PM
    Im also hoping the incipio case will come out pretty soon. i loved it for my s1.

if not im going otter box commuter
    11-25-09 02:34 PM
    I bought the OEM Blackberry Black Rubber Skin. It is quite thin and works just fine for me as I keep my S2 in my pocket.
    11-25-09 02:54 PM
    those rubber cases hold too mch dust and definitely get stuck in the pocket .... i just came from an iphone and the best case i used was a incase slider while plastic it had a grip feel to it (Fluro Slider Case for iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G : Incase Product)

is there anything like this for a s2?
    11-25-09 04:39 PM
    did the poster that ordered the digimobile ever receive their product? Pictures?

pretty cool color combo available. just curious on durabilty/feel/in and out pocket.
    11-25-09 05:25 PM
    Incipio is really good I had one on my S1 and it felt great, plus their customer service is top notch.
    11-25-09 05:34 PM
    11-25-09 05:41 PM
    finally!

i wonder if they did a better job with the screen protectors? The ones that came with the s1 case were a lil "off"
    11-30-09 02:07 PM
    Anyone found a thin skin that allows ya to still drop the phone into the charging dock/pod? Had a few pods for my 9000, and am planning on getting a couple for the 9550's we have now, but not sure if any case will work with 'em.
    11-30-09 03:51 PM
    did the poster that ordered the digimobile ever receive their product? Pictures?

pretty cool color combo available. just curious on durabilty/feel/in and out pocket.
    over all it is a pretty good case. I would say I am about 80% happy with it. I wish that the fit was alittle tighter where the pieces fit together. All my buttons work good with the case. I would say it adds about a half of centimeter in thickness so not too bad. Out of the pocket it is good, it has some what of a rubbery gripy feel to it, and i havent had any problems with sliding it in and out of my pocket. For the 17 or so dollars i would say it is worth it. Heres some picture, note that cool personal motocross number plate sticker doesnt come with it

[IMG]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n246/mxrider657
    /004-2.jpg?t=1259619962[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n246/mxrider657
    /007-1.jpg?t=1259620028[/IMG]

11-30-09 04:28 PM
    As I said elsewhere in this forum: an old, soft eyeglasses case is a perfect fit. Many of them have belt or pocket clips on the side or flaps to keep your BB from falling out. And if you've worn glasses for awhile, you probably have several lying around the house. And they're free.

Bob
    12-01-09 03:48 PM
    Those platinum series cases are from seidio i believe. I bought one a little while ago and seidos name was on the back packaging near the bottom. Possibly they shipped there cases for the storm 2 there early?
    12-08-09 10:39 PM
    I'm not sure about the dust part but I'm waiting for the incipio feather for 9550.
    I like the Incipio Feather too. Also the Incipio dermaShot doesn't add much bulk and it's better protection. I had one on my Storm1.
    12-08-09 11:05 PM
    I don't understand why Incipio doesn't have the Feather for the S2!! The 9700 came out later and I got the Feather right out of AT&T!!
    12-08-09 11:16 PM
    I have the OEM BlackBerry black rubber case. It doens't collect lint and is smooth. easy to get out of pocket yet has grip. feels like the rubbery texture on a lot of cases these days. Very Satisfied.
    12-08-09 11:46 PM
    I has a RIM white Silicone case, and it works great. It is not incredibly htick, probably about 2mm thick.
    12-09-09 12:08 AM
    I don't understand why Incipio doesn't have the Feather for the S2!! The 9700 came out later and I got the Feather right out of AT&T!!
    Agreed! Seems all cases are not readily available for storm2. I contacted them and they said mid to late December before the featherlite goes on sale! Ugh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 10:09 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD