02-03-09 12:23 PM
36 12
tools
    I've had one of these on my Pearl for a couple of years. Great skin at a great price. No, I don't have anything to do with them, just happy with their product.

RIM Blackberry 8900 Curve Skin (Javelin)
    01-26-09 05:57 PM
    Thanks for the link, I just ordered an Invisible Shield last night. Oh well, no biggie.
    01-26-09 06:07 PM
    I ordered just ordered one... 8 bucks shipped is a good deal.

I was between that and an invisibleshield from zagg. However, the fact that I still haven't gotten my shield for my iPhone (which I use as an iPod) was a deterrent. I ordered it over a week ago and selected the free shipping option. Can't believe it's actually going to take 2-3 weeks for delivery.
    01-26-09 07:18 PM
    The Zagg one is a rip-off in my opinion.
    01-26-09 09:22 PM
    Thanks for the link, I just ordered an Invisible Shield last night. Oh well, no biggie.
    lol, I as well
    01-26-09 09:27 PM
    just ordered one thanks for the link
    01-26-09 10:33 PM
    Where is the picture of the skin? The site only shows a picture of the 8900. How difficult is this to put on properly? If you mess up, is the skin ruined?
    Last edited by Zzoram; 01-26-09 at 10:43 PM.
    01-26-09 10:40 PM
    Thanks for the link i was about to order ZAGG n read the post n orderd 2 skins from bestskinever for $8
    Thanks again
    01-28-09 02:37 PM
    How is this skin for covering all those creases around the screen and main row of buttons around the trackball? Dust getting in there is really annoying, especially if you don't use a case.

I assume this skin is for people who don't want to use a case, correct me if I'm wrong.
    01-28-09 02:41 PM
    Is this the kind of skin the comes in a bunch of pieces you have to put on individually or is it a single piece you slip on like the silicone skins?
    01-28-09 02:49 PM
    The full skin comes in a bunch of pieces, the screen skin is just one piece.
    01-28-09 03:01 PM
    Is this the kind of skin the comes in a bunch of pieces you have to put on individually or is it a single piece you slip on like the silicone skins?
    Judging from their picture of the Bold skin, it looks like it's several pieces.

There isn't a clear rubber skin out for the 8900 from what I can tell. The best single-piece rubber skin appears to be the Seidio Premium Skin

01-28-09 03:02 PM
    I want the Seidio Premium Skin but shipping to Canada is $31, 150% the cost of the skin
    01-28-09 03:07 PM
    does anyone have this skin yet? is it any good?
    01-28-09 03:09 PM
    can anyone tell me the difference between the skin the op just ordered and the invisible skin from zagg?

I saw the video with the 2 iphones on the zagg site. the skin appears to be super strong.
    01-28-09 05:05 PM
    01-28-09 05:07 PM
    I like the Seidio version. I just wish it came in clear, I want my chrome to show.
    01-28-09 05:10 PM
    I'll probably be going with this skin and a rubber case, thanks for the link. I'm taking no chances with this phone.
    01-28-09 05:11 PM
    can anyone tell me the difference between the skin the op just ordered and the invisible skin from zagg?
    About $20.
    01-28-09 05:12 PM
    How is this skin for covering all those creases around the screen and main row of buttons around the trackball? Dust getting in there is really annoying, especially if you don't use a case.

I assume this skin is for people who don't want to use a case, correct me if I'm wrong.
    i'm using a Invisible Shield and a case.
    01-28-09 05:40 PM
    I'm also going to use an Invisible Shield, OEM skin, and using my blackberry curve belt clip (it can fit the 8900 with the skin since it was made for the fatter 8300 series lol) this is going to PROTECT my device for sure...i cant remember how many times i almost dropped the phone since the two months i've owned it

ZAGG just emailed me that they shipped my shield, now just waiting for my skin as well =( my phone feels unprotected and im worried hahaha
    01-28-09 06:03 PM
    Just placed an order for this one... I know what the ZAGG ones feel like. If I don't like the BSE I can simply buy one from ZAGG.
    01-28-09 08:04 PM
    About $20.
    har har...

but seriously, same material????

whats the difference between the zagg invisible shield and the skin the op is talking about?

anyone?
    01-28-09 08:30 PM
    I don't know if it is the same material because I refuse to pay that much for a skin when I KNOW the BSE is nice. I had one on my Pearl for a couple of years.
    01-28-09 09:00 PM
    har har...

but seriously, same material????

whats the difference between the zagg invisible shield and the skin the op is talking about?

anyone?
    From what I've heard, ZAGG has the mobile device patent on the material that they use. I mean, c'mon...it was made for helicopter blades so they would stay nice and smooth and not get ruined by the elements (dust and debris, hot and cold). If that's not protection, I don't know what is.

In the electronics world, you usually get what you pay for. Why buy a Rolls Royce then put Cougar tires on it? Same thing here, I wouldn't risk protecting my expensive 8900 with a discount screen protector.

If you think about it, -any- kind of laminate or film will protect from scratches. It's the dings and impacts you want to be careful about...and that's where ZAGG's material actually does do a very nice job.

I know many people swear by their BSE's and whatnot, but how many times have they dropped their phone or impacted the screen with those on? Can't accurately say one is better than the other without testing it's functionality the hard way.
    01-28-09 09:07 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD