12-06-08 06:50 PM
27 12
tools
    ok so I got my BSE skin in the mail today, and I've spent literally all afternoon trying to get the d@mn things on... I gave up on the sides, they wouldn't cooperate so I was like ok, you go straight to he|| so no side skins for me... I'm waiting for the front to set before I do the back tab, but so far it looks really good. just tedious to put on and my fingers are like raisins. plus I did what they said and got my bathroom steamed up, and my dogs are hiding cause they think daddy is gonna give them a bath I think they realize after 2.5 hrs that it ain't happening...

anyone else take an afternoon off to put their skins on?
    10-17-08 03:14 PM
    I have been putting mine on since about 2pm. Just waiting for the back to set in. This is my 3rd time putting on a BSE and it gets easier each time, or at least for me it does.
    10-17-08 03:21 PM
    I really had no prob lems I didn't do the bathroom scene just put them and fiddled with the corners a bit after 30 min and I was was quite pleased with the results the front is a little out of position but not really noticee able make sure you have good light and your sober

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-08 07:30 PM
    How long did it take for your BSE to come. I ordered mine 3 weeks ago next monday. I'm so scared I'm gonna scratch my new curve.....

10-17-08 10:17 PM
    I have ordered twice and both have came within a week. Make sure you don't miss them, they come in a plain envelope like junk mail but it says best skins ever on the outside. Hope you didn't accidentally trash them!

10-18-08 12:39 AM
    How long did it take for your BSE to come. I ordered mine 3 weeks ago next monday. I'm so scared I'm gonna scratch my new curve.....

I ordered on sunday, they processed on monday and shipped out and I received it friday... I always heard they had fast service, but the envelope it comes in is very plain and looks like junk mail unless you look carefully, maybe you could have thrown it out? =\

well, I finally got mine on, I ended up just putting the screen/battery panel screens on and it works great. took forever to get them lined up the way I wanted but IMO I think it's worth it, and you can't beat the price...
    10-18-08 01:48 AM
    I have ordered twice and both have came within a week. Make sure you don't miss them, they come in a plain envelope like junk mail but it says best skins ever on the outside. Hope you didn't accidentally trash them!

I almost did without reading, but luckily I was awake enough to read thru my mail, doesn't happen often lol.
    10-18-08 01:52 AM
    ok so I got my BSE skin in the mail today, and I've spent literally all afternoon trying to get the d@mn things on... I gave up on the sides, they wouldn't cooperate so I was like ok, you go straight to he|| so no side skins for me... I'm waiting for the front to set before I do the back tab, but so far it looks really good. just tedious to put on and my fingers are like raisins. plus I did what they said and got my bathroom steamed up, and my dogs are hiding cause they think daddy is gonna give them a bath I think they realize after 2.5 hrs that it ain't happening...

anyone else take an afternoon off to put their skins on?
    I just had to comment on this, I laughed so hard I cried man, you made my day. I pictured your dogs hiding, much like mine would do lololol. Thank you for making me smile
    11-01-08 01:22 AM
    I dunno about most tedious task ever, but I agree, it takes patience.

As was stated above, every time I do it, it gets easier and easier.

Also, to Rsquigly, something is wrong, I usually get mine in a couple days after ordering.

Check out the link in my signature, it's a whole thread for the BSE and there may be some tips in there for ya.
    11-01-08 01:36 AM
    i got mine after 4 days, ordered on a sunday and they sent out on the following monday
    11-01-08 07:35 PM
    I ordered one in anticipation of getting the BOLD on 11/4. It came within a few days after ordering so it's here waiting for the BOLD. I'm not looking forward to the task of putting it on after reading this post. It will be my very first attempt with a BSE....I guess I'm a BSE virgin! LOL
    11-01-08 07:38 PM
    I ordered one in anticipation of getting the BOLD on 11/4. It came within a few days after ordering so it's here waiting for the BOLD. I'm not looking forward to the task of putting it on after reading this post. It will be my very first attempt with a BSE....I guess I'm a BSE virgin! LOL
    i would recommend using a alcohol/water mix to clean the phone, and then go into a steamy place unless where you are doing it is like spotless
    the most important thing it to not get dirt under the piece that goes on the screen, that is the worst part.
    i suggest sticking a buncha scotch tape on the screen to prevent further dirt and to tape off the alrdy present dirt
    11-01-08 09:49 PM
    ive put tons on. there easy for me now. it gets easer. just when a little fuzz gets in it and u dont see it till it drys up a little thats the *****. but it does get easer.
    11-02-08 01:10 AM
    ive put tons on. there easy for me now. it gets easer. just when a little fuzz gets in it and u dont see it till it drys up a little thats the *****. but it does get easer.
    i wish when i did it, it was regular dust, then it wouldnt provide this weird *** colors, i get these big chunks of dust in there or maybe they are crumps that float in the air
    11-02-08 01:16 AM
    A steamy bathroom is a good idea, I didn't have to worry about rogue lint monsters getting under the skin.

Its tedious, but very well worth it in the end (just don't put it back in the case that came woth the curve, it discolors it)

I had to take mine off

11-02-08 01:50 AM
    A steamy bathroom is a good idea, I didn't have to worry about rogue lint monsters getting under the skin.

Its tedious, but very well worth it in the end (just don't put it back in the case that came woth the curve, it discolors it)

I had to take mine off

really the thing about the discoloring?
    can you post pics, cuz i just want to do a screen protector since i got a few really minor scratches on it, and thats why im putting it on
    11-02-08 11:17 AM
    i would recommend using a alcohol/water mix to clean the phone, and then go into a steamy place unless where you are doing it is like spotless
    the most important thing it to not get dirt under the piece that goes on the screen, that is the worst part.
    i suggest sticking a buncha scotch tape on the screen to prevent further dirt and to tape off the alrdy present dirt
    Thanks for the tips!!
    11-02-08 11:39 AM
    OP, that was funny stuff.

I personally haven't had any problems in the past doing that kind of stuff, but I mean...it happens and from what I here, it happens frequently.
    11-06-08 03:23 PM
    Where is this bse at I search all over the net. Can some one provide me with a link to the bse skins so I can buy them.

What does bse stand for ? Please provide me with a link to the bse page. I really need some help dont give me a answer like look on the front page. I have and I don't see anything called bse. I thought it bse stands for Best screen ever. Well where in the heck is the best screen ever Help a noob out.
    11-06-08 03:30 PM
    its called Best Skins Ever...google it and it will pop up
    11-06-08 07:47 PM
    yay i did it much better this time
    if you messed up doing it, i suggest you dont rip it off until u do the next piece. go to a steamy place and do it. that way when you do it, the dirt is not stuck to the screen, youll pull all of it off and then you apply the new piece on.

too bad i got a stupid air bubble in it, good thing its not on the screen
    11-08-08 02:29 PM
    I feel your pain and went through the same thing, but with my three year old having to go potty and refusing to use one of the other two bathrooms.

As tough as the Blackberry was, the Tablet notebooks single large sheet was pure torture. I have a long technical background and a great deal of patience working on complex high stakes problems with a short time line. Still, after dozens of repositioning and retries, I would have pulled my hair out if I has any left.
    11-08-08 11:04 PM
    really the thing about the discoloring?
    can you post pics, cuz i just want to do a screen protector since i got a few really minor scratches on it, and thats why im putting it on
    sorry, I took it off and didn't think of posting pics... just don't use the case included with it and it probably won't discolor, I've read where several people have had this problem... I had no problems with discoloring in a different OEM case, and tbh it really wasn't THAT noticeable, but I'm picky as ****. I'm planning on ordering another BSE screen protector only and just sticking it in a skin. overall it's worth getting. and I was playing around with the material after I took it off, that stuff can take a BEATING.
    11-09-08 02:15 AM
    They do take some time to apply for sure but with some patience the results are worth it!
    11-09-08 05:22 AM
    I ordered just the screen protector, since it will be in an innocase. Should be much easier to apply !!
    11-13-08 12:53 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD