12-12-09 10:23 PM
32 12
tools
    Just ordered mines. Can't wait to get this soon.
    11-29-09 01:46 AM
    Can anyone tell me how many different BSE pieces are required to protect the 9700? With invisible shield, there are 12 total pieces to cover the top, screen, buttons, sides, and back.
    I just installed the BSE kit last night - ALL of it, including the part that covers the leather back.

This kit covers just about every part of the Bold. Let me see if I can recall how many pieces it was...I'm going to say 13, if my memory serves.

It came out great, the glue is holding on tight thus far. I was a bit skeptical when I started doing the corners and curves, I didnt think the skin would conform to the contours but once it dried it really did an excellent job.

I even showed my girlfriend and she was impressed. She has an iphone and bought a skin from a retail store that installed it for her. Charged her $30 for the skin and installation! I was like, hey check out mine - $4.99.
    11-29-09 04:11 AM
    Would you be able to post pics of your bold 9700? I'm curious to know if it covers the left and right beveled edges.

Thanks

installed mine today and it looks great, i took a lot of time working on it though to insure no bubbles and a proper fit, IMO the screen doesnt look any different with it on, its just protected now. i did my Garmin GPS unit earlier today and didnt think i tdid the best of job, but i just looked at it again and pretty much all the little bubbles/marks have gone away, both the GPS and my phone should get even better in the next couple days too i would assume. glad i put it on my phone and i recommend it to anyone, even if its now $7.99 still well worth the cost.
    11-29-09 06:11 AM
    I got my BSE yesterday and decided to put it on today.

I knew I needed patience, and I went slowly, taking my time.

The screen protector went on nicely, and covers the beveled edges of the screen well without sticking up to catch anything. The skins for the buttons on either side of the trackpad when on without a hitch.

The curved pieces, well, let's just say that BSE needs to rethink their design. The ONLY piece that fit well on the curved part was the thin strip that fits along the battery cover. It was cut in the bottom corners so that it fit very nicely around the curves. The rest of the pieces were not cut this way, so they really do not fit well. You press down one spot and get it to stick, and another spot lifts up. Repeat this endlessly. I did everything the instructions said to: waited 15-30 mins and then pressed down for 30s seconds with my fingers. It didn't matter, there was always a spot that just would NOT stay down.

On a phone that is in and out of purses, pockets, holsters, whatever, this is a problem. You just can't have a spot that sticks up because it becomes a dirt magnet.

The final straw for me was when I was working on the backside of the phone and a piece that I had finally gotten pressed down on the front of the phone popped back up and got stuck to the paper towel I had under the phone (to catch any errant drips from the soapy water). The sticky side of the skin adhered to the paper towel and when I pulled it off, it was covered in lint. Which meant I would have to look at that for the whole time it was on the phone (I could not remove the skin to clean it up at this point, this was one of those I had already waited 30 minutes to stick down). At the point I just said "screw it" and ripped everything off except the screen protector and the ones on the buttons around the trackpad. After about 5 minutes of using the trackpad and feeling the edges of the skins on the buttons, I'd had enough of that, too, and pulled them off as well. I don't think the skins would be as noticeable on a phone with a trackball since your thumb is resting that much higher than the keys, but on this phone I felt the edges of the skin every single time I moved my thumb on the trackpad. Very annoying.

Anyway, that was my experience with BSE. I should have just gotten the screen protector, but at least I only paid $5.
    Last edited by Heifzilla; 11-29-09 at 03:14 PM.
    11-29-09 02:22 PM
    I got my BSE yesterday and decided to put it on today.

I knew I needed patience, and I went slowly, taking my time.

The screen protector went on nicely, and covers the beveled edges of the screen well without sticking up to catch anything. The skins for the buttons on either side of the trackpad when on without a hitch.

The curved pieces, well, let's just say that BSE needs to rethink their design. The ONLY piece that fit well on the curved part was the thin strip that fits along the battery cover. It was cut in the bottom corners so that it fit very nicely around the curves. The rest of the pieces were not cut this way, so they really do not fit well. You press down one spot and get it to stick, and another spot lifts up. Repeat this endlessly. I did everything the instructions said to: waited 15-30 mins and then pressed down for 30s seconds with my fingers. It didn't matter, there was always a spot that just would NOT stay down.

On a phone that is in and out of purses, pockets, holsters, whatever, this is a problem. You just can't have a spot that sticks up because it becomes a dirt magnet.

The final straw for me was when I was working on the backside of the phone and a piece that I had finally gotten pressed down on the front of the phone popped back up and got stuck to the paper towel I had under the phone (to catch any errant drips from the soapy water). The sticky side of the skin adhered to the paper towel and when I pulled it off, it was covered in lint. Which meant I would have to look at that for the whole time it was on the phone (I could not remove the skin to clean it up at this point, this was one of those I had already waited 30 minutes to stick down). At the point I just said "screw it" and ripped everything off except the screen protector and the ones on the buttons around the trackpad. After about 5 minutes of using the trackpad and feeling the edges of the skins on the buttons, I'd had enough of that, too, and pulled them off as well. I don't think the skins would be as noticeable on a phone with a trackball since your thumb is resting that much higher than the keys, but on this phone I felt the edges of the skin every single time I moved my thumb on the trackpad. Very annoying.

Anyway, that was my experience with BSE. I should have just gotten the screen protector, but at least I only paid $5.
    Agreed. I couldn't get the top piece to fit properly. Ended up just using it as a screen protector
    12-12-09 09:02 PM
    the top piece where the blackberry logo is fit very well on my phone. i only put on the screen protector and that top portion where the lock and mute buttons are...very satisfied with the fit of those two.
    12-12-09 09:55 PM
    I installed this BSE on my 9700 and I love it.TWO THUMBS UP!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 10:23 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD