I am looking at getting a skin to protect my 8130. should i get the standard skin for like $10 or get that special bodygaurdz protective skin? how hard is the bodygaurdz one to apply?

I do like the idea of protecting the screen... but couldnt i juwst buy a screen protector and the $10 skin? what are the pros and cons? anyone have the bodygaurdz one?
    01-21-08 10:15 PM
    I too would like to know! I actually would like to know what case/skin/protective "thing" to purchase for my new Pearl. I am not thrilled with the rubbery skins, they seem to attract lint and dirt like a magnet. I drop my phone sometimes and want to protect it though...

(Sorry for the threadjack DsM...)

Thanks!!
    01-21-08 10:37 PM
    i got body guardz in the mail today and put one on my phone, they are pretty easy to put on if you dont have shaky hands....I was hoping it to be a little more incognito then it was. it is fairly noticeable and doesnt cover up things like I want it to, isnt very form fitting. It looks extremely durable though. I think I am going to go with just a screen protector and a hard plastic case on my phone.
    01-21-08 10:53 PM
    best skins ever.

it's on and you can barely notice it..

01-21-08 10:57 PM
    I can't tell if its on or not but if it is on, where can I buy one?
    01-21-08 11:40 PM
    I just got my BestSkinsEver in the mail and put them on. They are really very close to invisible. They are easy to put on as well. I did mess up the screen protector portion though and sent them an email asking if the tiny overhang would be an issue and if it would be advisable to reorder. The CS replied that they thought it would be better to get another set and that they would send me a replacement for free!
    I wasn't expecting that in this day and age of non-customer service. I was willing to pay for the replacement if they advised me to, but they have got a customer for life now.

The price is great, the product is top notch and they treat their customers well. I highly recommend.

Eli
    01-22-08 12:55 AM
    I use best skins ever, I had to exchange my Pearl though, so I'm waiting to get my new set in the mail. My first Pearl looked flawless when I took the skins off before I gave it back to Sprint. (I'm sure it'll be an insurance replacement once they fix the trackball ) The customer service rep who was helping me didn't notice them, until I started peeling them off. They're very well priced, and very protectiive, and since they don't cover the sides... you can't really tell they're there. After using them, I can't justify paying more for say shield zone's offerings or bodyguardz. And I wouldn't go without them. They're also thin enough that they shouldn't get in the way of any other cases or such you may want to use.
    Last edited by mkfrmn; 01-22-08 at 04:05 AM.
    01-22-08 04:01 AM
    I have also used Best Skins Ever, they are one of the best screen protectors out there. I have had one on my 8700 for over a year and it looks like new.
    01-22-08 04:45 AM
    I have the invisible shield skin on my 8130. I love it - there is a video on you tube that shows how to apply the skin and I did not have any problems. It does not set right away so you can adjust it if you need to. Check out Shieldzone.com
    01-22-08 06:14 AM
    I also went with BestSkinsEver after seeing yester18's pics.

Came out awesome!
    01-22-08 07:26 PM
    Since I am getting a replacement from BestSkinsEver I decided to test out the one I have on there now a little. It really is a very minor edge that is exposed on the bottom of the screen in my application mistake, so I still have it on there.

I am a carpenter and often have sharp objects in my pockets. I reached into one this afternoon and pulled out a drill bit. A drill bit is much sharper than a key, or anything you would ever hope your berry would come into contact with, but I went ahead and ran it across the BSE screen guard. It left no mark at all so I did it again, with a little more pressure. It left a very small line that completely disappeared after rubbing it with my thumb--I couldn't even find it again. Then I did it really pretty hard making sure to try to score the surface a bit. I did make a mark but again it disappeared with a little rubbing!

At this point I had pushed it as far as I was willing to, but I feel like you would have to be pretty unlucky or pretty abusive to come in this kind of contact with this sharp an object in normal, or even rough use. I feel very safe with this skin on my berry.

Eli
    01-22-08 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD