Which do you prefer? Best Skin Ever or Invisible Shield?
    04-08-09 11:31 AM
    Best Skins Ever...no brainer. Cheaper, the company customer service is incredible.

Check out my signature for pics...
    04-08-09 11:32 AM
    Does Best Skin Ever cover the sides of the phone?

I have Invisible Shield.
    04-08-09 02:53 PM
    I got Best Skin Ever for mine, and while the application for it is admittedly a bit fiddly (do it before you go to sleep, so in the morning its nice and dried - there were a lot of times when i thought it tried but it slid about after a bit of prodding lol)

No one notices its there unless they prod it or see the corners that have eventually come up because I got them slightly over the side (try to apply it EXACT as its pretty easy to, otherwise later on in time dust and things will gather under the bits you got it over or didn't stick down properly).

And it doesn't cover the side of the pearl, just the top, bottom, back and front.
    04-08-09 04:35 PM

And it doesn't cover the side of the pearl, just the top, bottom, back and front.
    Best Skin Ever - Cheaper but doesn't cover the side of the pearl

Invisible Shield - More expensive but covers the side of the pearl
    04-08-09 06:36 PM
    I bought a BSE set for both my wife's Pearl and my Curve. I used mine as the test bed for BSE and it turned out OK but not perfect (read I rushed). Neither sets cover the sides of the phones but do cover both front and battery cover. The Pearl was a little easier to deal with than the Curve, maybe due to the smaller size/number of the pieces or perhaps the practice session on mine. The feel of the finished product is great. "Grippier" is a term I have heard and agree with. At $14.98 to my door for both, it's a deal. The only real advice is to follow the directions as written and you'll do fine.

Disclaimer: I have not tried Invisible Shield and have no experience with it.
    04-08-09 06:46 PM
    I have tried Invisible Shield on blackberry and many other devices. While a bit more to the cost I think the product is worth it.
    04-08-09 07:14 PM
    I have BSE on my Pearl and really like it. People don't even know I have a skin on there until I tell them. And no, it doesn't cover the chrome sides...that's what my BlackBerry silicone cover is for. Go with BSE my .02.
    04-08-09 09:50 PM
    invisible shield for me
    04-08-09 10:54 PM
    Why does nobody mention the 3rd choice...Body Guardz http://crackberry.com/review-bodyguardz-blackberry
    Covers the whole phone, & you get 2 full kits. I got mine off of ebay cheaper than the other 2 options & love it.

My vote is for Body Guardz!
    04-09-09 09:40 AM
    Why does nobody mention the 3rd choice...Body Guardz Review: BodyGuardz for BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    Covers the whole phone, & you get 2 full kits. I got mine off of ebay cheaper than the other 2 options & love it.

My vote is for Body Guardz!
    The cheapest I see it on ebay for is $16.95 plus 5.95 shipping.
    04-09-09 12:54 PM
    How much is the cheapest I can get a best skin ever for?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 07:35 PM
    I was about to order an invisibleshield, but I am going to have a look on these BSE! They seem really cheap! But do they cover the whole phone?
    04-18-09 05:09 AM
    I need to find a super macro camera to take some pics, but I "installed" (stuck on?) a BSE skin on Sunday afternoon and it is doing pretty good so far.

Took over an hour with the waiting for the water to evaporate/activate the adhesive/sticking down process for all 5 pieces (the small left/right corner pieces being the most difficult). There are a few spots around the corners where the skin didn't stick absolutely 100%, and I'm wondering if it will eventually work its way off from those little areas. I carry it in my pocket almost exclusively so there is some lint picked up on the very edges of the skin.. hoping that the adhesive will cure more and that will stop.

The biggest defense I'm looking for is... and I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but when I drop it I'll usually try to deflect it with my foot so it doesn't hit straight vertical and crack the screen... so then it skitters off across concrete or some such... scratching the crap out of it

Overall this seems to be quite a good product, especially considering the cost. Even if it does come off from wear I'll get another and try it again. For $8 it is definitely worth the time. It takes patients. I did the batt cover first and there are a few pieces of lint under the skin, but not very visible. managed to get the screen completely lint free though. I'm still waiting for it to completely flatten out, it still has some orange peel appearance to it but that has diminished (or i've gotten used to it) over the past day or so.
    04-22-09 08:59 AM
    I can't talk about those 2 as I haven't had any personal experience with either one, but I do have Ghost-Armor on my Curve any my wifes Pearl and love it. It has already saved both out phones numerous times. I do have a friend that had IS but wasn't happy with it (didn't ask him why) and after he saw mine he went and had Ghost-Armor put on his. It is a little more $ but then again I am local to them so I had them install it on both phones so I didn't have to worry about screwing it up...I've heard good things about BSE though....
    04-23-09 01:52 PM
    07-07-09 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD