I know you are supposed to immerse it in water to ease the install, but is this necessary? I remember on my 8310 I struggled to get it in the right place, but the bold is easy. The screen is inset, so, must I use the water? Just wondering because the first one I put on did NOT want to bond.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 10:25 PM
    water helps get rid of the majority of air pockets, id say follow the directions...

post pics if you can!
    12-06-08 10:37 PM
    Water makes it easier in case you miss your alignment in the first try. I tried doing it first time with water and it's painful to get it off the skin as it can be bery adhesive when it's dry. Unfortunately, the skin that i got is not a perfect fit so trying to return mine and hopefully get a new one soon.
    12-06-08 11:45 PM
    Water makes it easier in case you miss your alignment in the first try. I tried doing it first time with water and it's painful to get it off the skin as it can be bery adhesive when it's dry. Unfortunately, the skin that i got is not a perfect fit so trying to return mine and hopefully get a new one soon.
    Well, if you also have BSE, all you do is email them and tell them. The first set I got was damaged, I told them, and they mailed me a new set promptly. I think the post office damaged them. They were really good about it.

12-07-08 08:14 AM
    I have the BSE, just dip it in some soapy water and shake it off and then apply it. At first it will slide around, just get it into place then use a CC to squeege the excess out. Then give it a few minutes to dry and lock up. Then you're good. Any air bubbles will go away after about 24-48 hours.

12-07-08 08:32 AM
    I know you are supposed to immerse it in water to ease the install, but is this necessary? I remember on my 8310 I struggled to get it in the right place, but the bold is easy. The screen is inset, so, must I use the water? Just wondering because the first one I put on did NOT want to bond.

I just put one on an 8310 the other night and it came out just fine. Have also put them on my Bold with no problems. Definitey follow the directions and you'll be fine.

12-07-08 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD