So I got my Curve last Monday!!! And just ordered a BSE cover for the screen.

My question is: Does this peel at all? And if it does, can I take it off easily or will it leave a mark on the screen?

I should have asked this before I ordered it but I was just so excited I think I was on a berry high.
    07-11-08 10:17 AM
    I had a BSE for my 8330 and a month later it got gross and started to peel. I got fed up and ripped it off my BB. Now, I have an Invisible Shield on my Curve and it is great! I highly recommend it! The price is more because it is BETTER!
    07-11-08 10:39 AM
    I've used Invisible Shield and BES on a Razr, Katana and 2 Curves. Not in the slightest are they different. Both will pit up lint around the edges and peel if put in your pocket alot . The BSE will peel no worse than the IS.

I found that they lasted me about 8-10 months before needing to be replaced (IS first and BSE was the replacement). They do not leave marks and come off pretty easy.
    07-11-08 11:03 AM
    I love BSE, it did accumulate junk in the corners, so I only have it on the screen part and the back. I took it off the sides and all other painted plastic parts (except the back).
    07-11-08 11:13 AM
    +1 for the BSE (screen only), I've had mine for about 4 months, and no indication that it will peel, and I carry my phone in my pocket all the time.
    07-11-08 11:44 AM
    i've never had a problem with my bse i've had it on for 5 months
    07-11-08 11:46 AM
    I've had my BSE on my curve for a few months now and its fine. Sure it picks up lint and whatever but of course it will happen if it's in your pocket.

The BSE is not too much different from the IS except for a bit more coverage on the IS but I've used both before on a couple ipods I have and they both pretty much the same (pick up lint, etc.)

If it was up to me I would just go with the BSE it's cheaper and offers almost exactly the same protection as the IS.
    07-11-08 12:45 PM
    I have used "Clear Protector" (google it)as my screen protector for the last few months and it looks just like it did when I put it on! The material is what the US military uses to coat helicopter blades so they don't get scratched by debris when landing/takeoff. I figure that means it will probably work fine for my BB. Each is custom cut for the style and model of your BB. They have screens for other devices as well.
    07-11-08 12:48 PM
    Just out of curiosity, where did you get the information that they put this material on helicopter blades in the military?

I only ask because I was an airframe mechanic on attack helicopters in the Marine Corps for four years and we never used anything like this on the blades, or any other part of the aircraft for that matter.
    07-11-08 12:58 PM
    I have used "Clear Protector" (google it)as my screen protector for the last few months and it looks just like it did when I put it on! The material is what the US military uses to coat helicopter blades so they don't get scratched by debris when landing/takeoff. I figure that means it will probably work fine for my BB. Each is custom cut for the style and model of your BB. They have screens for other devices as well.
    Yes this stuff is great! I am very pleased with it. Just go to zagg.com
    07-11-08 01:02 PM
    Zagg = Invisible Shield

LMG is talking about another brand called Clear Protector.
    07-11-08 01:04 PM
    Another vote for the screen version of the BSE, had it for months, carry it in my pocket.

Just try to place it so it's not sticking over the lip near the trackball/keyboard and you should be fine. Follow their directions of using the soap and water to put it on and move it around, get out air bubbles, and take your time to get it EXACTLY right. Probably 10-15 min of your time, and it will last you.
    07-11-08 01:39 PM
    Have had my BSE for 3 months now...no probs whatsoever...
    07-11-08 01:41 PM
    Thanks everyone!
    07-11-08 04:33 PM
    I have had three Pearls since February (warranty replacements) and have put BSE on each of them. The BSE comes of very easily and leaves NO residue behind.

I also use a Seideo Rubberized Hard Case which protects my phone. It covers the edges of the BSE so I am not subject to any corner or edge peeling. However, I can see where it *could* be an issue without a case like mine.

For the record, Best Skins Ever and Invisible Shield are the EXACT same thing! Not one single solitary difference. When you order the IS you get a little spray bottle of fluid to assist in application process. With BSE you make your own soapy water to use. Not at all worth the price difference to me...
    07-11-08 04:48 PM
    If installed properly, BSE will not peel. I highly recommend it!
    07-11-08 04:53 PM
    "After pressing down the last area, we suggest that you let the Skin set up for 24 hours before turning on the device. The look of the Best Skins Ever will improve over the next 24-48 hours as the water evaporates and the adhesive sets up."

How in the world am I going to find 24 - 48 hours when I don't need to look at my BlackBerry???? I want to put on the screen protector, but I really don't have to wait till my next religious retreat in December!
    07-15-08 01:17 PM
    They're just covering their rears here. If you don't think you got any liquid inside the phone it should be safe to turn it on right after installing. Now, I'm not saying that nothing could ever happen, just saying nothing happened when I did it.
    07-15-08 01:36 PM
    I just left my phone off over night. Next morning it was good to go!
    07-15-08 01:55 PM
    I've had the IS on my pearl for 7 months, no lint, no peeling, no damage!

I was a perfectionist putting it on....and probably lucky. Just make sure if you get the IS, you use a coupon code.....should be half price for the full body skin.
    07-16-08 08:29 AM
    I purchased a BSE and applied it just before going to NYC on vacation the first week of June. Within 3 weeks it was peeling off the edges and it scratched easily sliding in and out of my belt holster. The holster is the smartphone experts sidepouch sold here on CB. I purchased the Invisible Shield to replace the BSE and so far it seems far more durable. I had a harder time getting the IS installed, but it seems worth it. I guess it all depends on how you carry the phone. Sliding in and out of the sidepouch seemed to disagree with the BSE.
    07-16-08 09:55 AM
    OK, I've used both IS and BSE on different devices and they really are the SAME EXACT PRODUCT.

Seriously, they really are.
    07-16-08 12:20 PM
    "After pressing down the last area, we suggest that you let the Skin set up for 24 hours before turning on the device. The look of the Best Skins Ever will improve over the next 24-48 hours as the water evaporates and the adhesive sets up."

How in the world am I going to find 24 - 48 hours when I don't need to look at my BlackBerry????
    Tip for ya. Use a blow dryer on low for about an hour and you
    will be ready to go
    07-16-08 12:48 PM
    I dunno, I had a BSE skin on my old treo and my wife's as well, and when I took them off (after about 10 months) they had turned kinda brown (but a consistent brown, think like really light window tint) and it was sort of gross. Since then I've ordered from Bodyguardz.com and IS, and have never had a problem.
    07-16-08 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD