Recently I noticed my "chrome" bezel has a minuscule chip on it and it really ticked me off how RIM really skimps on quality.. But that's not what I'm writing about for here. What is the best bold 9700 silicone case that meets the following requirements:

1.) Not only covers the back of the device but rather also covers the area around the earpiece
    2.) Is not too heavy on the silicone (/its thin)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-10 12:29 AM
    I prefer the transparent gel ones, I find the silicone ones to sticky
    09-05-10 12:43 AM
    I used to think I hated silicone cases cause I bought the cheap crap one from the TMo store for my 8520, but I just bought the OttorBox Impact series for my 9700 and I love, it seems like it would be really thick but its not, it even comes with a screen protector as well.

09-05-10 10:58 AM
    not sure what you're looking to spend. if you want to go cheap I would suggest the epik resin skin. if you don't mind spending a little more, the iSkin vibe is my favorite silicone skin.
    09-05-10 12:25 PM
    Use Hard Cases! Silicone and gel ones are too sticky

http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content
    09-05-10 12:41 PM
    The epik resin is a really good case.
    09-05-10 12:44 PM
    Otterbox for the win.
    09-05-10 12:52 PM
    Otterbox for the win.
    Otterbox Commuter for the win.

Silicone skin + hard cover shell!
    09-05-10 01:13 PM
    Recently I noticed my "chrome" bezel has a minuscule chip on it and it really ticked me off how RIM really skimps on quality.. But that's not what I'm writing about for here. What is the best bold 9700 silicone case that meets the following requirements:

1.) Not only covers the back of the device but rather also covers the area around the earpiece
    2.) Is not too heavy on the silicone (/its thin)

I had a beautiful Silicon hard case, which also covers the earpiece, from ebay for 2.98. Has a lovely soft touch feel to it (almost like silk) and doesn't add too much bulk to the device either. It fits tight as a glove, too.

The only downside I can think of is that it's a little difficult to get off - harder than it is to fit, anyway. I don't know how many dollars it converts to, probably about 5? I thought 'if it's crap I've only wasted 2.98' (delivery was free) but it's actually an excellent case. I was very happy!

Edit: also doesn't damage/mark/scratch the phone in any way, which was something I was worried about with paying so little for it.

Last edited by veii; 09-05-10 at 01:42 PM.
    09-05-10 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD