Does anyone have any recommendations of screen protectors for the Tour?

I bought one yesterday from Verizon. The lady gave me a Privacy Protector and I thought that maybe it would still serve my purpose, but it only came with one and it also has rainbow scan lines when viewing my phone. Lastly, it doesn't feel smooth at all, but has a sticky, rubbery feel.

Yes, I could take it back. But I'm just wanting to know where I can find some great ones online?

Thanks.
    09-07-09 05:59 PM
    ScreenPatronus, Screen protector - the difference is amazing.

Perfectly clear, perfectly cut. I've been using them for several years now. I use the "best skin ever" on the rest of the phone. The "best skin ever" is clear but is a little ripply but great on the rest of the phone.

The Screen Patronous is my opinion is the best out there.
    09-07-09 06:25 PM
    i use invisible shield plus they have a kit you can put on the whole body
    09-07-09 06:30 PM
    sgp!

feels and looks like the stock protector on the tour. no stickiness and perfectly cut.
    09-07-09 06:32 PM
    phantomskinz is by far the best skin for the Tour.

do not use the Invisable sheild protectors... they peal up very easily from lint, they have a very rubbery feel and very bad orange peal. Phantomskinz has none of that and does not attract dust and lint on the edges
    09-07-09 06:37 PM
    Clarivue makes a great protector.
    09-07-09 07:09 PM
    I have used Clarivue on my Curve. I have some on order for my Tour. I think they are great!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 07:40 PM
    phantomskinz is by far the best skin for the Tour.

do not use the Invisable sheild protectors... they peal up very easily from lint, they have a very rubbery feel and very bad orange peal. Phantomskinz has none of that and does not attract dust and lint on the edges
    Probably a dumb question, but do the phantomskinz stay lint free even if you usually keep your phone in a pocket? That is my only concern for those types of skins/screen protector when I get my Tour tomorrow.
    09-07-09 08:24 PM
    Probably a dumb question, but do the phantomskinz stay lint free even if you usually keep your phone in a pocket? That is my only concern for those types of skins/screen protector when I get my Tour tomorrow.
    I used my Tour in my pocket a few times before with phantomskinz on while I work (I'm in construction) the dirt and dust did manage to get on the Tour, but a clean wipe with an alcohol pad made it look like new again.

if you use Invisable sheild, the lint gets stuck on the edges overtime and starts to peal up the skin. Phantomskinz doesnt allow that to happen though, there skins are stronger and does not peal up like invisable sheild though
    09-07-09 08:37 PM
    PPCtechs crystalclear are the best hands down. Will never lift unless you want to remove it and lasts forever.
    09-07-09 08:39 PM
    Boxwave makes great screen protectors. It is so clear I cannot tell it is there.

09-07-09 08:44 PM
    Thanks folks! Are the ones you're recommending with the two-strip applicator method? I'd prefer that kind.
    09-07-09 11:11 PM
    Boxwave makes great screen protectors. It is so clear I cannot tell it is there.

Which Boxwave do you use? Anti-Glare or Crystal?
    12-22-09 06:26 AM
    I was gonna say the best screen protector was the privacy one from vzw.

And about the stickiness, it'll wear off as you "break it in", only down side to it for me is that it scratches up pretty bad and have to replace it.

12-22-09 07:01 AM
    I'm going to have to agree with cnug above. The best screen protector I've used for the BB---or any device for that matter---has been the 12.99 privacy screen from VZW. I never understand why they're so damn expensive but this ones worth it. The rubber sticky feel to it goes away quickly. Too the privacy feature it wonderful! Works great! Its very thick which I hope will prevent gouging scratches etc. but its still very easy to see through. I haven't had that "rainbowing" you described... Did you clean it well before sticking it on? Maybe some oils or something became trapped under the protector and is causing that.

12-22-09 08:29 AM
    The ones that DC Mugen sells are great. They are the same ones that u get free with the epic case. Two piece to apply and are almost invisible. He even has the mirror ones. $5 for 3 of them I think
    12-22-09 08:34 AM
    Name speaks for itself order it from
    seidioonline.com
    12-22-09 09:03 AM
    I am currently using the protector that came on my Tour. I just carefully snipped off the little extra pull tab portion.

This is my second Tour (green dot). I bought a protector from seidio and could not get it to apply well. One little speck of dust makes for an awfully large air bubble. Since the protector that came on the phone was applied perfectly, I decided to leave that for now.
    12-22-09 09:32 AM
    I've tried different brands for my old Palm Treo and BB Curve but for my Tour I bought a 3 pack made by Smartphone Experts right here in the Crackberry store. I really like them, they have pull tabs on both the front and back of the protector, so you can pull off the backside, lay it down on the screen, rub out any airbubbles, then pull up the tab on the topside and you get no fingerprints. It has a great anti-glare finish that is crystal clear when the phone is on.
    12-22-09 10:06 AM
    Does the privacy protector prevent people from seeing from behind you? So for example you are on a bus.
    12-22-09 11:49 AM
    i brought my phone into telus and a friend rep of mine told me to not waist my money as the tour comes with a scratch proof screen from factory - true?
    12-22-09 12:21 PM
    I just ordered generic screen protectors from eBay. they came in a pack of 50 for $5. I believe they came from China or Japan. They've worked out great. I like how they give you alot because i also use them for my digital camera, ipod, etc.
    12-22-09 12:42 PM
    The vzw privacy screen protector has held up good and I can still see the screen perfectly.
    12-22-09 01:34 PM
    I am currently using the protector that came on my Tour. I just carefully snipped off the little extra pull tab portion.

This is my second Tour (green dot). I bought a protector from seidio and could not get it to apply well. One little speck of dust makes for an awfully large air bubble. Since the protector that came on the phone was applied perfectly, I decided to leave that for now.

I'm assuming my Tour from USCC didn't come with a screen protector.
    12-22-09 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD