Hi folks,

just bought a 9800 Torch on O2 (UK) & as its my first touchscreen phone i've been advised that a screen protector is a must.

In addition i'm quite a fan of the casemate cases which ive used on both 9000 & 9700 Bold's however with the slide operation i think the material may prove to be too thick when operating the call buttons etc.?

So folks any advise on what screen protector & or case to use?
    10-19-10 07:50 AM
    i dont know of any screen protectors but i do know a good torch protector is the Otter Box
    10-19-10 12:25 PM
    Personally I love to keep my torch naked. I got the oem leather pouch and it is great for protecting my phone while its in my pocket

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-10 01:30 PM
    i dont know of any screen protectors but i do know a good torch protector is the Otter Box
    ...until you drop it and the top screen frame pops off. Also the frame is known to scratches the chrome around the screen.

I took back the Otterbox and got the AGF - its pretty slick how the AGF clips together which helps with the notorious 'wiggle'. I'm patiently waiting for something better to come along tho...
    Last edited by lucky45; 10-19-10 at 02:02 PM.
    10-19-10 01:32 PM
    Best case you can get aesthetically and protection wise, Cell Phone Skins & Protective Covers - iPhone Skins, Blackberry Skins, iPod Skins, Apple Laptop Skins - Best Skins Ever whole body cover is only 8.99 just ordered mine sunday night. I've used them on my pearl, curve, and storm. once it gets here i can add the torch to the list. I also used a case called the incipio featherlite on my storm for a while. it was good. and when i was in afghanistan i took an otterbox, but they're too bulky for everyday use imo (unless you are in harsh environments).
    10-19-10 02:40 PM
    I currently don't have a case for my Torch, but for a screen protector (a must!) I would HIGHLY recommend Invisible Shield by Zagg. It's military grade, and I've had no problems with it at all...the Torch's screen still responds very well to touch with it on...here's the link: ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield
    10-19-10 02:52 PM
    I 2nd the vote for the Zagg Invisibleshield. Have installed this on every item in my home with a touch screen and they all still work flawlessly and the lifetime warranty on the shield means you will have a shield for that device as long as you own it. If the shield gets damaged, you do a warranty claim, get your new one and replace.

I do recommend googling Zagg coupon though as you can find 40-50% off coupons for the Zagg website.
    10-19-10 07:44 PM
    I just received my agf case today. Very nice case imo

10-19-10 08:19 PM
    I use Bestskinsever. I've used it on all my previous BBs and they work great and at a good price. I only use the screen protector as opposed to the full body skin.

I don't use a case on mine.
    10-19-10 08:28 PM
    I have had invisibleSHIELD and BestSkinsEver and they are both very good. (got 2 phones and wanted to see the difference, so ordered one from each)

They are the same material I believe and at the time (a year ago) the coverage was better with BestSkinsEver.
    10-19-10 08:44 PM
    Best skins is far better than Invisishield. Smooth like nothing is on there.

10-19-10 09:44 PM
    How is zagg and bestskin on protecting the phone from a fall?
    10-23-10 12:00 AM
    Screen Protector - 3M Privacy

Casing - TPU Soft Casing (Because of it's grip and protector, design is precise fitting as well)

However personally I did not purchase 3M Screen protector because it's very expensive. There is a replica 99% close to it at a much cheaper price.

Try out this blogshop which I visit often, their products are pretty good & cheap.

BBshopaholic.blogspot.com

07-20-11 05:48 AM
    cool, mine is 9800 too, I use Griffin case,not bad, just for your reference.
    07-24-11 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD