Hi Guys,
    I've finally decided to upgrade my trusty Bold 9000 to the 9860.

It dues for delivery in a couple of days.

I'm trying to source a premium leather case for it (my 9000 has a Piel Frama which has been excellent) and wondered if anyone had suggestions or experience.

Normally, I'd go for the same make as my Bold has had, and indeed Piel Frama do a case called the "552 iMagnum Black Leather Case for BlackBerry Torch 9850 / 9860"

My concern here is that (I assume) I'll be using the 9860 in landscape mode much more than portrait, and that a standard flip case may prove impractical.

I've seen a "Capdase Classic Leather Book Case for BlackBerry Torch 9860" which is a "book style" rather than "flip" which is a really good price (16). My worry here is that, for that kind of money it's not going to be top quality....

I'm not looking to waste money but I'm happy to pay for a decent product.

Any suggestions???

Craig
    04-07-12 12:10 PM
    I personally don't like the cases I've seen for the 9860. Up until my 9860 I always insisted on a case, and I looked when I got this phone to no avail. I love the look of my 9860 as well, so I just went with a screen protector. I don't regret it at this point, I don't think the "beautifulness" that is the 9860 should be covered up.
    04-07-12 06:40 PM
    i have an otterbox. it has been on since day one. the device is in mint condition. comes in black. best case on the market. http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=J3hbXyEX or eBay.

cheers.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860
    04-08-12 10:19 PM
    I like the cases that's are oem. I bought a screen protecter (not OEM) and a skin (which is OEM) which is pretty good.
    04-08-12 10:39 PM
    Personally I bought a piel frama case for my 9860. And been happy with it.
    04-08-12 10:44 PM
    Thanks.
    I've actually gone ahead with the Otterbox Defender (as per Dizzle204) as it looks extremely protective. I read a few users actually remove the built-in screen protector and user an OEM one for a slightly better fit. We'll see when it arrives.

I think I'll still buy a "soft case" for the device too (takuma089; do you have any issues with your case using the 9860 in landscape???).

thanks for the advice
    04-09-12 06:32 AM
    I found that the defender was too bulky......great but too bulky, I ended up getting the commuter instead.
    04-09-12 09:08 AM
    I'm using the capdase one since 7 months ago when i bought my 9860 and it's still good. I can flip the cover so the phone lean on it in an angle that convenient to read an type. The leather quality isn't too bad either. And if u flip the cover on top of the back side, it will an additional space so it feels nice when i hold it and type in landscape position.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    04-09-12 11:46 AM
    Yes. Its kinda irritating sometimes. When in landscape and with that case. So I rarely switch to landscape.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    04-09-12 12:56 PM
    OtterBox Commuter.

Works well, looks nice, feels good in the hand..

Defender looked good to, but didnt need the extra bulk.

Tim
    04-09-12 01:01 PM
    I agree it looks beautiful without a case but I'm using the Blackberry Premium case on my 9850. I got it in purple and my elderly neighbor asked if my phone was called a Blackberry because it was purple. lol

I am thinking about ordering an Incipio as well just for a change. I wish someone would make a killer all white case for the 9850/9860s.
    04-09-12 02:26 PM
    I have both of these, they fit perfect, great protection neither adds much bulk...they also feel great in your hands and look nice! I use the tpu skin the most, as it feels best and adds as little bulk as possible, very tight fit and feels better in my hands, more grip than the naked torch but doesn't pick up dust or pocket lint! dropped my phone a few times in both cases, no visible scratches/marks left on phone or either case

http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content

http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    04-10-12 12:56 AM
    My case of choice is an incision salicylic case. Similar to the oem premium cases from rim except much better quality. They have the silicone inner lining with a soft plastic outer shell so you can slide it into and out of your pocket easily.

I also have an amzer silicone case which is good for around the house and if you need to remove the case quickly. Incipio is the best though.
    04-10-12 02:11 AM
    I bought the OEM premium case off of crackberry here. I like it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    04-10-12 03:30 AM
    Thanks again for all replies.
    Had an e-mail today resulting in otterbox purchase not going through. Something about not wanting to send me a damaged item......so I'm back in the hunt.
    04-10-12 06:21 PM
    Hi Guys,
    I've seen a "Capdase Classic Leather Book Case for BlackBerry Torch 9860" which is a "book style" rather than "flip" which is a really good price (16). My worry here is that, for that kind of money it's not going to be top quality....

I'm not looking to waste money but I'm happy to pay for a decent product.

Any suggestions???

Craig
    And more expensive doesn't always mean better. The skin of a cow's hind is just the same as the rest. I know Piel Frama cases can go to over $100, that's a luxury item; do you really need it? Think about it. I mean really think about it. Instead of spending 85 quid on a case, spend 20-25 quid on one that's good enough, and you'll have an extra 60 to feed yourself.

You can't eat a case. You can try, but it's not as tasty

I went for this one.

Buy.com - New Original BlackBerry Torch 9850 9860 OEM Leather Case Swivel Holster

It gets the job done.
    04-10-12 11:49 PM
    Thanks for the update (Undenied) I appreciate your point.

I think its just a case of new toy, want all the bits before the feeling wears off.

Alas, I'm too well fed already so may put the spare cash towards some salad.....

I'll certainly deploy your sentiments next time my wife shops for a new handbag/dress/shoes/perfume........
    04-11-12 06:23 PM
    Sorry: One further question.
    Can anyone with the Otterbox Defender assure me that the headphone jack is accessible from a practical point of view?

On my (old) Bold 9000 I sometimes needed to ensure the 3.5mm jack is well seated when using the audio in cable in my car.

thanks
    04-11-12 07:24 PM
    It alludes me why anyone needs an Otterbox Defender. They look absolutely ridiculous in my opinion, completely ruins the look of the phone.

I guess if you are going to be playing basketball and using your phone as the ball it may be useful though.
    04-11-12 07:42 PM
    It could depend on one's job. My neighbour downstairs works for the city and is around lots of equipment and hazardous places where you have to wear hard hats at all times; he and his work mates all use BlackBerry phones and they're all protected with cases like otterbox because more than likely they will drop it at some point.
    04-11-12 10:20 PM
    there noting better then otterbox commuter

Sent from my BB Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    04-12-12 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD