11-29-09 04:02 PM
34 12
tools
    Hello

I am getting my 9700 on Monday unless Fedex pulls a surprise and delivers on Saturday and it has happened. I am looking for a very good case that will provide protection for the phone. I am also looking for screen protection that will protect the screen and not add to the glare or make it harder to read.

Any suggestions? I would like to order the cases before the phone arrives.

Andrew
    11-20-09 05:47 PM
    I think a lot of people would like the answer to your question! Keep is informed.
    11-20-09 07:03 PM
    Especially since the otterbox is not out yet!
    11-20-09 07:08 PM
    hi all,

I just bought the blackberry leather pocket pouch (with the magnetic symbol) today, on the box it has thats its for the 8900 but it fits perfecty!!! and only 10 which I think is a bargain!

need to get a scree protector tho.
    11-20-09 07:30 PM
    Yeah, waiting for the Otterbox Defender case... Emailed them early october and the lady who replied didn't know if they were making one for the 9700...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 07:31 PM
    hi all,

I just bought the blackberry leather pocket pouch (with the magnetic symbol) today, on the box it has thats its for the 8900 but it fits perfecty!!! and only 10 which I think is a bargain!

need to get a scree protector tho.
    From where - ATT?
    11-20-09 07:43 PM
    The 8900 and 9700 are almost identical in size.

And to Andrew, he bought it in the UK. There is no ATT in the UK.

11-20-09 08:08 PM
    11-20-09 08:08 PM
    I'm waiting on my innocase 360 that I just ordered from seidio.com. Starts shipping next week. Friend had one on his 8900 and I fell in love with it.

11-20-09 08:11 PM
    Blackberry Bold 2 Cover - Blackberry 9700 Cover - Bold 2 Hard Cover

i'll probably be ordering from this site.......
    11-20-09 08:13 PM
    Absolute best screen cover is javoedge javoedge.com They are expensive - about $10.00 but can get in clear or non-reflective. Both are great. I am partial to clear - but have had both. They last forever and can actually be taken off and washed! If put on carefully they will have NO BUBBLES and you can barely even tell they are there. Whenever I've taken my phone into a TMobile store the clerks always say wow! and write down where to order them! I ordered in the size for 8900 for my 9700. The size is just about the same.
    11-20-09 08:15 PM
    It seems like the best skin is from BSE: http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/be...4-99-a-367756/

This poster might not be the best driver but he knows his stuff when it comes to BlackBerry protection.

Best Skins Ever is the only way to go.
    11-20-09 08:19 PM
    I just purchased this Body Glove case from Tmobile its nice. As far as a screen saver I buy the cut to fit generic ones at Wal-Mart they are less $ and work like a charm.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 11-20-09 at 09:22 PM.
    11-20-09 09:18 PM
    i dont even have my 9700 yet but i purchased one from BSE today as there is a promotion for them for $4.99 for the entire body kit, i have a Zagg IS on my Bold 9000 and love it and people say the BSE ones are better and at that price cost like 5 times less
    11-20-09 09:34 PM
    This poster might not be the best driver but he knows his stuff when it comes to BlackBerry protection.

Best Skins Ever is the only way to go.
    LMAO. I don't even have my 9700 yet and I ordered a BSE because of the sweet promo they have atm. And I only went with BSE because you CB guys were raving about it (especially over Zagg, my normal skin provider)! These forums are indispensable.
    11-20-09 10:56 PM
    Tried the BSE and the Steinheil screen protectors when I had the 8900...was not pleased. Was about to give up but as suggested by a forum member gave the Ultra-Clear Clarivue a shot. Excellent product, easy to install, no yellow tint etc.Got it again for the 9700 with same results.
    [HTML][/HTML]Blackberry Bold 9700 Screen Protector from Clarivue[HTML][/HTML]
    11-20-09 11:10 PM
    My Seidio Innocase II Surface Combo came in today after ordering it on Wednesday. Great case and I think it's the best. I've been using the same style since my 8320. My screen protector (bestskinsever) should be coming in sometime next week. I've been using that brand since my 8320 as well and think they are the best.

11-20-09 11:50 PM
    From where - ATT?
    Hi andrew, as someone mentioned as im in the UK there is no ATT here but i just went into my local Voadfone shop so i would guess its available in similar stores too!
    11-21-09 10:06 AM
    I just ordered a best skin ever full body skin for my 9700 has anybody put one on yet ? How do they like it?

11-21-09 11:51 AM
    I'm waiting for Golden Shellback to come out with their protector coatings all ready!!!!

Golden Shellback | Splash Proof Coatings
    11-21-09 01:01 PM
    Just got a Barely There case from CaseMate and I am quite impressed. Minimal bulk and good quality. They also offer a full body slim case for more protection that I am waiting to arrive. Each case includes a screen protector also. I ordered black which has a nice matte finish. No complaints thus far. Check their site.

11-21-09 02:47 PM
    *Update*
    Just got the full body case from CaseMate. Sending it back. The interlocking mechanism on the rear of the case is defective. Top and bottom half don't lock together properly. Not sure if this is a design problem. Keeping the Barely There case despite less protection. Looks great also...

11-21-09 03:15 PM
    *Update*
    Just got the full body case from CaseMate. Sending it back. The interlocking mechanism on the rear of the case is defective. Top and bottom half don't lock together properly. Not sure if this is a design problem. Keeping the Barely There case despite less protection. Looks great also...

i bought the clear armour, but now I'm considering the barely there case in black as well...but you said they only provide the screen protector, and NOT a full front protection (for the top part/speaker, nor the bottom & bezel) like the clear armour does...

And the smooth case wasn't great either, that sux...i might just do an even exchange for the barely there case...thanx for ur input...

would u consider getting a new full body case or just sticking with the BTC?
    11-21-09 05:50 PM
    i bought the clear armour, but now I'm considering the barely there case in black as well...but you said they only provide the screen protector, and NOT a full front protection (for the top part/speaker, nor the bottom & bezel) like the clear armour does...

And the smooth case wasn't great either, that sux...i might just do an even exchange for the barely there case...thanx for ur input...

would u consider getting a new full body case or just sticking with the BTC?

11-21-09 10:02 PM
    The screen protector only covers the screen. The speaker and top portion are left exposed. I considered the Seidio case, but didn't want to spend the money right now. CaseMate is local so I got my case the next day. I will stick with the Barely There for now. Looks good and provides some protection. May get a full body case later. The black matte Barely There has a matte finish, not rubberized but its not slippery. I like it so far...

11-21-09 10:11 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD