03-06-09 10:38 PM
44 12
tools
    is it bump proof? as in if it bumps something or falls does it prevent scratches and dents? sorta looking for something cheap that gets the job done.
    Last edited by JuniorD; 01-01-09 at 07:50 PM.
    01-01-09 07:45 PM
    is it bump proof? as in if it bumps something or falls does it prevent scratches and dents? sorta looking for something cheap that gets the job done.
    It is very nice tight fitting genuine leather. I have seen some of the RIM/Verizon cases and they feel cheap and the seams stick off the side. There is too much play in those cases. This one fits really well and allows the storm to slide into your pocket.
    01-01-09 08:07 PM
    Try Fortte cases...I ordered me this one...

Leather PDA Case Thin Pocket for BlackBerry Storm

Leather case for BlackBerry Storm

This is The best one for a "pocketable" case.
    01-01-09 09:09 PM
    I'm holding out for Case-Mate or Otterbox to come out with something...
    01-01-09 09:47 PM
    01-01-09 10:04 PM
    This one looks good....Leather case for BlackBerry Storm
    Um, actually that looks like a rain bag that some old lady would be wearing on her head...
    01-01-09 10:25 PM
    Clear hard case from Verizon.......I believe it comes in 3 colors.
    01-01-09 10:48 PM
    I've had Blackberries with every type of case one can imagine for a long time now and have come to the conclusion that slip cases are only useful if you want to miss your phone calls. I hate having to wrestle with the darn things every time I want to use or am done with my BB. In addition I've missed many calls because I had to remove my BB from some sort of case before I could answer the phone. (You may ignore the previous sentence if you walk around with a bluetooth headset on your ear.)

Despite all of this I do want to protect my Storm. I used to clip it to the inside of my pocket with a holster until both hoster and BB fell out a few times. At that point I decided to carry my phone in my pocket without a clip because it sits deeper that way and doesn't come out unless I remove it with my hand.

So how am I currently protecting my Storm? With a Seidio Innocase II Surface. A most excellent case indeed! It's quite attractive, provides good protection and my BB can be used while it's in the case. And at night? I remove the case (easy once you've done it a few times) and pop the phone into it's cradle. (And oh yes... I do use a screen protector and Invisible Shield on the uncovered portions of my BB.) BTW... One additional benefit of the Seidio case is that it covers the side screen "gaps" and therefore inhibits the collection of dust in those areas. And no, I don't work for Seidio and am not related to the owners of or anyone in the company.

I understand that we all have different requirements and that many of you enjoy using a slip, vertical or horizontal case/pouch and/or holster but thought I'd share the results of my experience.
    01-01-09 11:14 PM
    try phantomskinz.com 25$ for two skins, learning curve on first one so two is essential
    01-01-09 11:27 PM
    I've had Blackberries with every type of case one can imagine for a long time now and have come to the conclusion that slip cases are only useful if you want to miss your phone calls......[cut]....So how am I currently protecting my Storm? With a Seidio Innocase II Surface.....[cut]..I understand that we all have different requirements and that many of you enjoy using a slip, vertical or horizontal case/pouch and/or holster but thought I'd share the results of my experience.
    My main reason for using a slip case is the sleeper-magnet function. Also changes alerts when in holster which is nice. Quit using belt/clips/cases after my 8700c took one too many hard falls, and I hate condom covers they ruin the "feel" of the phone. To each their own.
    01-01-09 11:47 PM
    I've had Blackberries with every type of case one can imagine for a long time now and have come to the conclusion that slip cases are only useful if you want to miss your phone calls. I hate having to wrestle with the darn things every time I want to use or am done with my BB. In addition I've missed many calls because I had to remove my BB from some sort of case before I could answer the phone. (You may ignore the previous sentence if you walk around with a bluetooth headset on your ear.)

Despite all of this I do want to protect my Storm. I used to clip it to the inside of my pocket with a holster until both hoster and BB fell out a few times. At that point I decided to carry my phone in my pocket without a clip because it sits deeper that way and doesn't come out unless I remove it with my hand.

So how am I currently protecting my Storm? With a Seidio Innocase II Surface. A most excellent case indeed! It's quite attractive, provides good protection and my BB can be used while it's in the case. And at night? I remove the case (easy once you've done it a few times) and pop the phone into it's cradle. (And oh yes... I do use a screen protector and Invisible Shield on the uncovered portions of my BB.) BTW... One additional benefit of the Seidio case is that it covers the side screen "gaps" and therefore inhibits the collection of dust in those areas. And no, I don't work for Seidio and am not related to the owners of or anyone in the company.

I understand that we all have different requirements and that many of you enjoy using a slip, vertical or horizontal case/pouch and/or holster but thought I'd share the results of my experience.
    I have that. not a fan of it because i dont like the feel of the rubberized grip.
    01-01-09 11:51 PM
    Any other suggestions? I think I may get the slim pouch mentioned above.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 03:48 PM
    Any other suggestions? I think I may get the slim pouch mentioned above.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Get the one from Fortte I mentioned above. I have looked at almost everything out there and it is the nicest one for a pocketable case.
    01-02-09 04:09 PM
    I picked up a black rubber/silicone case from the VZW store. It's quite sturdy, and a lot tougher than what I'm used to with silicone cases. The nice thing about this one is that it doesn't pick up any lint
    01-02-09 04:11 PM
    I picked up a black rubber/silicone case from the VZW store. It's quite sturdy, and a lot tougher than what I'm used to with silicone cases. The nice thing about this one is that it doesn't pick up any lint

haha. that is such a lie. i have one from verizon and it has lint all over it. lol.
    01-03-09 12:48 AM
    Get the one from Fortte I mentioned above. I have looked at almost everything out there and it is the nicest one for a pocketable case.
    Ok, this post and thread are 2 months old.

Are there any newer pocketable cases out or is the Fortte one still the best option?

How about the vaja classic leather pocket, is this pocketable? I don't mind the cost if it is pocketable and good quality.
    03-06-09 05:51 PM
    Ok, this post and thread are 2 months old.

Are there any newer pocketable cases out or is the Fortte one still the best option?

How about the vaja classic leather pocket, is this pocketable? I don't mind the cost if it is pocketable and good quality.
    I used to own both the Fortte and the Vaja leather pocket. The Vaja product is FAR superior on almost every front. I have since given the Fortte away and use the Vaja exclusively.
    03-06-09 09:36 PM
    Check out the Hoodie Camera case from builtny.com. Picked it up at an office supply store. It is supposed to be a small camera case. Works great for the Storm.
    03-06-09 10:36 PM
    I have this one on its way. Hurry 1 left! Hard sleek and sexy!

Verizon Chrome Hard Snap On Case Cover Blackberry Storm - eBay (item 350171864828 end time Mar-29-09 10:42:48 PDT)
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-06-09 at 10:47 PM.
    03-06-09 10:38 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD