04-08-12 03:28 AM
80 1234
tools
    My major complaint about the OEM hardshell is the sides get loose/stretched if you take the phone in and out a decent amount of times. They should've use TPU instead of rubber.
    03-07-12 01:20 AM
    My major complaint about the OEM hardshell is the sides get loose/stretched if you take the phone in and out a decent amount of times. They should've use TPU instead of rubber.
    Hmmm.... I've been using the case for a good few months now. I take my 9900 out the case at least twice a day and it's not stretched
    03-07-12 04:25 AM
    Naked phone with leather pouch even if I have an Otterbox Commuter.
    03-07-12 05:18 AM
    Hmmm.... I've been using the case for a good few months now. I take my 9900 out the case at least twice a day and it's not stretched
    I have a noticable gap down by the camera button that wasn't there the last couple times I took it out of the case. Also, it kinda sucks that rubber dents. Another reason they shouldve used TPU.

Thanks RIM! Haha.
    03-07-12 06:00 AM
    I bought the original Defender case and got scratches on it then I went to the Commuter. On a whim I then got a skin from the VZW store and put it in my old 9900 case. LOVE this combination!!!! When I have it in my purse it's protected and when it's on my desk it retains the slim form factor. And the gel is grippy and gives the device a nice extra weight, just enough to keep it feeling solid without it feeling too slick.
    03-07-12 06:17 AM
    I don't use a case. Just bare phone because it's so good looking and it fits my hands well. The stock BB leather holster completes the setup. I don't even use screen protectors.
    03-07-12 06:52 AM
    I use the Case-Mate Pop!

I've got quite a collection and finally found one I love. It's hard on the back and the buttons are easily pressed. I have it in white and will probably grab the grey for a variation later.
    03-07-12 10:00 AM
    Anyone using a white OEM hardshell with a black 9900?

If so, can you post pictures or at least comment on if it looks decent?

Thanks
    I have that one, will take a pic tonight. I didn't like the open space between the camera and flash so that's why I switched...too much real estate for potential to be scratched including the covers to the lens/flash.
    03-07-12 10:02 AM
    Incipio SILICRYLIC Hard Shell Case.

Won it from CB .. Best case ever!
    03-07-12 12:19 PM
    I've been using an OEM holster, from Amazon for around $8. Love it. I love the auto-lock feature.
    I also got a silicone case, which I'm going to try.
    I also keep a screen protector on mine.
    03-08-12 12:10 AM
    I bought an Otterbox but it was doing too much (lol at too much protection) and taking away from the phone's sleekness.

I now use the Case Mate Barely There in White and I LOVE IT.

It compliments the phone very well, still allowing the metal band to show and add very little to no bulk!
    03-08-12 03:53 PM
    03-08-12 04:30 PM
    I've been taking my 9900 naked lately, but only bc I hate the thickness that any case adds onto the phone.

For example, I recently bought the Otterbox Commuter and it made my phone sooo fat that I stopped using it after the first day (btw, I'm selling it for $30 with shipping, if you anybody is interested).

I have a bunch of snap-on cases I got on ebay for a few bucks each, but I get bored of them too easily.

When I go to church or I'm dressed up, my 9900 is always in my OEM holster.

After seeing that picture of the Casemate, I think I might get it now. It's sooo sexy, haha!
    03-08-12 09:59 PM
    I've been taking my 9900 naked lately, but only bc I hate the thickness that any case adds onto the phone.

For example, I recently bought the Otterbox Commuter and it made my phone sooo fat that I stopped using it after the first day (btw, I'm selling it for $30 with shipping, if you anybody is interested).

I have a bunch of snap-on cases I got on ebay for a few bucks each, but I get bored of them too easily.

When I go to church or I'm dressed up, my 9900 is always in my OEM holster.

After seeing that picture of the Casemate, I think I might get it now. It's sooo sexy, haha!

YES! The Case Mate Barely There is the only case I want to keep on my phone. Its super thin!

My Otterbox Commuter stays in my purse now lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-08-12 10:17 PM
    My Otterbox Commuter stays in my purse now lol

hahha, what's it doing in your purse??

and yea, I just checked out the case again and I remembered why I didn't buy it in the first place: $30 for a piece of plastic/metal!

even on eBay, it's going for about $30. Is it worth it??? Should I indulge??????
    03-08-12 10:24 PM

and yea, I just checked out the case again and I remembered why I didn't buy it in the first place: $30 for a piece of plastic/metal!

even on eBay, it's going for about $30. Is it worth it??? Should I indulge??????

Lol! Its been replaced with my white Case Mate Barely There.

I just keep my Otterbox with me in case I feel like my phone may be in danger lol

I was able to get my Otterbox case for about $25 online. Its definitely worth it if you want overall protection.

I got my Case Mate for $22 from Brookstone online.

03-08-12 10:28 PM
    Sorry, quick question. Is the Casemate Barely There case anything like the picture I've attached??

I bought that one for $1.99 on eBay.
    03-08-12 10:29 PM

Its Best case for the 9930/9900, not the most frugal.
    03-08-12 10:30 PM
    I use the Case-Mate Pop!

Click to view quoted image

I've got quite a collection and finally found one I love. It's hard on the back and the buttons are easily pressed. I have it in white and will probably grab the grey for a variation later.
    I love the Commuter but taking it off and putting it back on is a pain in the rear. I was looking at this one today and I really like what I see. Your comment about the side buttons being easy to press was my only question. Thanks.

I just went to Amazon and ordered a Black POP! For $17.20 including shipping.

I just wanted to chime in on the openings for the Flash & Camera when people are looking at the cases. When you buy a case with a large rectangle for the camera/flash panel, it will have finger prints on it "All The Time" and it will require constant cleaning. Cleaning the rectangular panel will be a pain too because dust and residue will build up around the edges. Long story short, you will always be taking photos/videos through a dirty lens cover.

The two small openings like the POP! and Commuter have will keep the lens and flash clean since you can't reach them with your finger tips when you hold the phone and they will stay clean. It will also eliminate the need to constantly clean your camera panel. Just wipe it down when you have the ocassional need to remove your battery and your good to go.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 03-08-12 at 11:01 PM.
    03-08-12 10:45 PM
    Sorry, quick question. Is the Casemate Barely There case anything like the picture I've attached??

I bought that one for $1.99 on eBay.
    It looks similar. This is mine:
    Last edited by shemaree09; 03-08-12 at 11:07 PM.
    m12k1177 likes this.
    03-08-12 11:02 PM
    It looks similar. This is mine:
    Jeeeez, you HAD to show me! I think I might get it now..........
    03-08-12 11:09 PM
    that case mate pop in white looks pretty sharp but it looks like it would be hard to press the lock button on top since its covered.

heres my iSkin Aura but I also have an otterbox commuter, CaseMaTE barely there black brushed aluminum, and the OEM BB Hardshell in Black. This Aura is my favorite though

03-09-12 02:18 AM
    buy BlackBerry 9900 Bold silicon case. dont buy hard case. it may scratch your phone.
    03-09-12 06:56 AM
    I continue to be the only one that loves the Seidio Surface because it fits in there cradle.
    I can't be without a charging cradle. I also own the Incipio barely there and
    I love it as well because its lighter. But it won't work in my Seidio or BB oem Cradles,
    so I only use the Surface.
    03-09-12 09:10 AM
    I've been using mine naked since I got the phone. I didn't have any scratches happening earlier but got some scratches on my battery door now. I think I'm going to pick up the OEM case, but that casemate case does look sleek.
    03-09-12 01:00 PM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD