04-08-12 03:28 AM
80 123 ...
tools
    I am currently using the D30 for my 9900 and its pretty good except for the side volume keys. They don't seem to be aligned right. Other than that it has protected it pretty cool, I've dropped it plenty of times and no damage. However, I am looking to getting a new one. Any recommendations?

and is it me or do plastic cases leave little marks on the phone??
    03-06-12 09:48 AM
    I am using the Seidio Active Case and its awesome
    03-06-12 10:04 AM
    i use this. its perfect. i like it.

03-06-12 10:06 AM
    Check out the OEM soft and hard shells if you want a sleek "barely there " look. Otterbox Commuter if you want a little more protection. I'm also a fan of the Casemate Pop, which is almost like a mix of the hard shell and Otterbox.
    03-06-12 10:14 AM
    I am currently using the D30 for my 9900 and its pretty good except for the side volume keys. They don't seem to be aligned right. Other than that it has protected it pretty cool, I've dropped it plenty of times and no damage. However, I am looking to getting a new one. Any recommendations?

and is it me or do plastic cases leave little marks on the phone??
    I use the otterbox defender. This case offers the best protection out there. All the buttons feel perfect and if you drop it outdoors you can expect your phone to be In the same condition. The only marks my case has put on my blackberry is around the carrier logo (which rubs off with rubbing alcohol because dirt builds up under there)
    03-06-12 10:24 AM
    Get the hardshell OEM because you can easily press the buttons and it looks good.
    Last edited by MrChiezy; 03-06-12 at 01:36 PM.
    03-06-12 10:28 AM
    buy silicon case. dont buy hard case. it may scratch your phone.
    03-06-12 10:38 AM
    Hey Turkextreme:

How do you carry? Pocket? Holster? Bag?
    03-06-12 10:55 AM
    thanks guys!
    03-06-12 11:03 AM
    I use the Otterbox Commuter. I usually go with the Defender, but when I was reading some reviews on it, I read the hard polycarbonate shell can sometimes scratch the phone (which doesn't matter, providing you always stick with that case), and that the silicone shell on the outer layer can sometimes lose its grip on the hard inner shell. Not only that, but since it didn't come with a built-in screen protector (always a sell for me because I HATE installing screen protectors) it also left me wondering whether I wanted it or not.

I use the Defender case for my PlayBook, and the silicone outshell, while it's great for protection, always gets covered in tons of lint and dust. So I decided to get the Commuter instead, and it's been great. It takes the opposite route that the Defender does in that there is a silicone inner shell with a hard plastic outer shell. It comes with the same screen protector that the Defender does. I like the size of it - it adds a bit of bulk, but not too much. I don't normally keep my phone on my belt anyway, so the fact that it has no holster doesn't bother me. It feels really solid, adds relatively minimal weight to the phone, and simply looks like it belongs with the phone. I love the Commuter.

JB
    03-06-12 12:04 PM
    Get the hardshell OEM because you can easily press the buttons and it looks good.m
    I absolutely agree! People don't even realize there's a case on my 9930, it's that integrated into the overall look.
    03-06-12 12:16 PM
    I like casemate barely there, cause it retains the slim factor and well, it's barely there
    03-06-12 12:36 PM
    Otterbox. Commuter. Great case. Aligns perfectly all around...no marks on phone...buttons all work perfectly, and now that I've had it on and off a few million times since I swap batteries daily, it's even easy to put on and off.
    03-06-12 01:11 PM
    This is a personal choice. I like OtterBox Defender case with the new redesigned version. The older version has issues, but it was addressed in the new one.
    03-06-12 01:53 PM
    How do you guys carry though? I am getting my new 9930 tomorrow and I want to keep it looking good. I bought an Otterbox defender for my 9560 but since the 9930 is more elegant, I'd like more access to it. Do you guys carry in pocket, purse, bag? I'd like a holster but the Otterbox commuter doesn't seem to come with a holster.

I like the OEM leather holster but it is on backorder.
    03-06-12 04:28 PM
    I like the BlackBerry OEM softshell/hardshell, the 9900 is a sexy device that must be shown off.
    Protection is good for me, i take it in pockets all day long with the case + a screenprotector and all is fine.
    03-06-12 04:32 PM
    I'm using the OEM hardshell along with the 9000 Leather Holster. Perfect !
    03-06-12 07:29 PM
    Anyone using a white OEM hardshell with a black 9900?

If so, can you post pictures or at least comment on if it looks decent?

Thanks
    03-06-12 07:52 PM
    I'm using that. Dont have pictures but it looks fantastic !!!
    03-06-12 08:10 PM
    How do you guys carry though? I am getting my new 9930 tomorrow and I want to keep it looking good. I bought an Otterbox defender for my 9560 but since the 9930 is more elegant, I'd like more access to it. Do you guys carry in pocket, purse, bag? I'd like a holster but the Otterbox commuter doesn't seem to come with a holster.

I like the OEM leather holster but it is on backorder.
    I actually have the defender and as I have with previous Defenders (8830, Tour, 9650/Bold) I have removed the belt clip thingie, leaving the shell with magnet. That makes for a much more pocketable, place in daypack, ski pack, bike pack, device/case. I have had no need for the clip. A needlenosed pliers is required for not wrecking the clip if you want to reinstall it.
    03-06-12 08:27 PM
    I use the VZW holster/case combo. The case doubles as a stand. But for my rough and tough days, I use the Otterbox Defender.
    03-06-12 08:55 PM
    OEM hard shell case, simple, perfect.
    03-06-12 10:10 PM
    i use silicone case and my 9700 holster
    03-06-12 10:17 PM
    I like naked phones so I use the OEM leather pouch when I carry to and from work or in and out of cars. Most of the day I'm either holding the phone or have it shoved in my pocket.
    03-07-12 12:37 AM
    I thought about dusting off the OEM pouch so I could carry it naked for a short time.
    03-07-12 01:10 AM
80 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD