I do pizza delivery, so using my phone for navigation is a huge deal. I wonder if there's a particular mounting solution you all recommend that would ensure good GPS reception?

I have a car charger. Also consider that I sometimes deliver to the ghetto-like areas of the city, so I need to either make it discreet, or make it relatively easy to take out and put in my pocket at every stop.

What solution would you suggest? Thanks!

-Evan
    04-22-08 10:41 PM
    hi welcome to CB.
    have you tried:
    BlackBerry Curve 8310 Car Kits (Vehicle Mounts, Plug'n Talk, Easy Install, Integrated Install, and more) - ShopCrackBerry

look at the Igrip stuff, either for your vent, or your cig lighter.
    low key for sure and still remain visible to you.
    04-23-08 02:13 AM
    Well one suggestion I can think of is buying a cheep universial cell phone holder. I believe you are in the States and forgive me because I don't have too muc experence with stores there but here we call them dollar stores. But its a black thing that you can hook to your heating and air conditioning vent and you can ajust it to fit just about any cell phone. Also this would be great cause you can just slip it out when you need to. I did manage to find them on ebay. Some with suction cups to attach to your window on some with vent clips. Just a warning about the vent clips one. They are easy to break and hard to get out of the car once installed but you can get you phone out easy. So if you change cars a lot you might want to get the suction cup one. I think I might get one myself. Here is a link so it's a bit more clear.

Universal In Car Mount Holder For PSP CellPhone PDA - (eBay.ca item 370045074655 end time 23-Apr-08 08:14:52 EDT)
    04-23-08 02:14 AM
    Wow, that looks like a $7shipped version of the iGrip thing - anyone feel strongly about staying away from the ebay one?

-Evan
    Well one suggestion I can think of is buying a cheep universial cell phone holder. I believe you are in the States and forgive me because I don't have too muc experence with stores there but here we call them dollar stores. But its a black thing that you can hook to your heating and air conditioning vent and you can ajust it to fit just about any cell phone. Also this would be great cause you can just slip it out when you need to. I did manage to find them on ebay. Some with suction cups to attach to your window on some with vent clips. Just a warning about the vent clips one. They are easy to break and hard to get out of the car once installed but you can get you phone out easy. So if you change cars a lot you might want to get the suction cup one. I think I might get one myself. Here is a link so it's a bit more clear.

hxxp://cgi.ebay.ca/Universal-In-Car-Mount-Holder-For-PSP-CellPhone-PDA_W0QQitemZ370045074655QQihZ024QQcategoryZ79816Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]Universal In Car Mount Holder For PSP CellPhone PDA - (eBay.ca item 370045074655 end time 23-Apr-08 08:14:52 EDT)
    04-23-08 01:01 PM
    I use a vent mount model. Bracketron: Mount Solutions for your Laptop, GPS, Satellite Radio, Cell Phone, iPod, iPhone and other Mobile Electronics

If I need to rather than trying to "unattach" the whole thing from the vent, I just slide the holder off an throw it in the center console.
    04-23-08 03:40 PM
    I also deliver pizza and use a Braketron windshield mount...it holds better than any other mount due to a "ratchet" type of lock. I stopped using the vent mount Bracketron because in the winter it would get too hot. I picked it up at Bestbuy for $30

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-08 05:41 PM
    I do pizza delivery, so using my phone for navigation is a huge deal. I wonder if there's a particular mounting solution you all recommend that would ensure good GPS reception?

I have a car charger. Also consider that I sometimes deliver to the ghetto-like areas of the city, so I need to either make it discreet, or make it relatively easy to take out and put in my pocket at every stop.

What solution would you suggest? Thanks!

-Evan
    Evan,

Have you seen/heard about the PROCLIPUSA? Check it out, you will have some choices of mounting place/bracket to choose for your vehicle, but it is a little expensive...

TH
    04-23-08 09:13 PM
    hi welcome to CB.
    have you tried:
    BlackBerry Curve 8310 Car Kits (Vehicle Mounts, Plug'n Talk, Easy Install, Integrated Install, and more) - ShopCrackBerry

look at the Igrip stuff, either for your vent, or your cig lighter.
    low key for sure and still remain visible to you.

The 8900 is smaller than the 83xx; how does it really fit?

Thanks.

BB
    03-07-09 05:24 PM
    The 8900 is smaller than the 83xx; how does it really fit?

Thanks.

BB
    couldnt tell you, this threads almost 1 year old, and is in the Curve 83XX forum

cheers
    03-07-09 06:07 PM
    I use a vent mount model. Bracketron: Mount Solutions for your Laptop, GPS, Satellite Radio, Cell Phone, iPod, iPhone and other Mobile Electronics

If I need to rather than trying to "unattach" the whole thing from the vent, I just slide the holder off an throw it in the center console.
    Sweet. I have been looking for a decent one to try and I might have found it. AG if you have a skin will it work with this? Measurements of the 8310 2.4" with a little silicone skin I am not sure it would. Any play at all?

Thanks
    03-07-09 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD