hey,

I use my torch as an mp3 player, after all, why carry 2 devices when I can have 1 in my pocket.

Im looking for stereo headsets, noise isolation earbuds and noise canceling mic, as I always take transit, its noisy!

What are your recommendations? bluetooth, or wired and preferably with a remote. what are good under $200, perferably under the $100/$150 range, obviously, cheaper the better . I've done some research, and like the Ultimate Ears line, but my gripe is the volume control doesnt work with bbs, and the Sony Ericsson MW600, but no name display of an incoming call, but that would be okay.

I hate how there are a plethora of "made for ipod/iphone" headsets out there! most of the ones that are "made of iphones" dont support the remote.

thx
    Last edited by ev44; 01-31-11 at 07:37 PM.
    01-31-11 07:25 PM
    ttt
    to the top!
    02-07-11 12:06 AM
    Check out the motorola s9 series. I used the red ones with my 8330. Remote works fine and the only trouble i've had with the mic is when I was riding a bicycle (wind noise). I think I got mine on Ebay for about $30
    02-13-11 11:59 PM
    Ultimate Ears Super Fi series or the older legacy dual drivers that are still around are the best I've heard, and working in several different audio shops through the years I had the opportunity to listen to over a dozen mid to high end brands. I just got a pair of triple-fi IV with the call answer button and they work great on blackberry and you may even find them slightly above your price point if you shop around real good. Great customer service through Logitech (they bought out UE a year or two ago). They exchanged a pair of triple fi's I had almost a month with the BETTER triple fi IV, no questions asked.
    02-16-11 09:16 AM
    ya, I was looking in to the UE 500vi. what do you think of those?

thx
    02-16-11 02:37 PM
    ev44,
    the UE 500vi are one of the newer UE-by-Logitech earsets I am not familiar with, but the reviews seem to be excellent. I have owned Shure, Sennheiser, Etymonic, and the Motorola S9 bluetooth. The etynomic were too delicate with very fragile wires, the Shure and Sennheiser did not have enough bass/ low end, and the S9's are quite good but without the clarity and volume of the UE's. I believe the 500vi should be excellent from what I've seen and read. See if you can get them from a good dealer so that they can be exchanged if absolutely necessary. I don't think you will go wrong with them. Also, if they are like both of my other UE's, the "call" button will act as a pause through the BB music player.
    Good luck,Gary
    02-16-11 03:47 PM
    I use the iBeats. They work excellently on my 9800.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-11 11:54 PM
    Currently using Beats Tour w/ Control Talk. Sound quality is a bit soft on detail but good on bass as advertised. Still much better than stock earphones, and the overall sound is generally pleasing.

Just ordered A-Jays Four. Will see how these are. Priced much lower (69.99) than the Beats. I heard good reviews about them though.

I used to have a pair of Etymotic Research Er6 Isolators. These are by far the best ones I owned so far in terms of noise isolation & sound quality. Very good detail. They have pretty thin cords but they lasted me three and half years of pretty heavy use.
    02-19-11 11:49 AM
    I am looking for the best headphones which also allow me to answer the phone and have a mic built in too. Everything listed in the last post is missing these features. From your post I assume you are looking for the same as me.

Bluetooth will not be as good quality as wired headphones. A2DP is ok but is definitely inferior to wired headphones IMHO. I wish the dr dre beats tour phones mic worked with blackberry but it doesn't, I have tried it. I wish someone would post comparable headphones that do work for mic etc.
    02-23-11 06:33 PM
    ttt
    tothetop
    03-04-11 03:09 AM
    Currently using Beats Tour w/ Control Talk. Sound quality is a bit soft on detail but good on bass as advertised. Still much better than stock earphones, and the overall sound is generally pleasing.

Just ordered A-Jays Four. Will see how these are. Priced much lower (69.99) than the Beats. I heard good reviews about them though.

I used to have a pair of Etymotic Research Er6 Isolators. These are by far the best ones I owned so far in terms of noise isolation & sound quality. Very good detail. They have pretty thin cords but they lasted me three and half years of pretty heavy use.
    On the Beats Tour w/ Control Talk, does the remote work properly?

how are the A-Jay Four's?

thx
    07-25-11 04:09 AM
    I never thought I'd say this, but Jabra headsets are usually of excellent quality. I bought mine from the Sprint Store, but you can find them on eBay.
    08-09-11 06:47 AM
    I have a pair of BOSE ear plugs (with mic) and a pair of BEATS (HD) and both work great. Once I set the incoming call volume I rarely change it anyway. On the BEATS I can stop and start the song but not change the trac.
    Last edited by spencerdl; 08-17-11 at 01:10 PM.
    08-17-11 01:05 PM
    I use the bose MIE2 Earbuds. They're the best earbuds I've ever used, nevermind earbuds w/ inline phone controls. and I've had every blackberry brand headset they've put out among others. The call quality is amazing and they come with 3 sizes of 2 styles of earbuds rubber things.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 08:31 PM
    i use the jabra halo...can work wired or wirelessly and streams music nicely..
    jjaammzz likes this.
    08-31-11 09:40 AM
    btw the jabra halo doesnt have a mic so i guess ur next option will be the jabra stone2...call quality is excellent
    08-31-11 09:41 AM
    I use a Koss PortaPro Headphones it is very memorable for me even though I only likes the design.
    09-01-11 02:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD