Hey guys, I'm looking to get an armband case for my Storm for the gym as well as a good sweat resistant bluetooth headset. I think I'm pretty set on the headset, the Jaybird 200, but I haven't seen anything on the market yet for the armband?

Has anyone found/tried one yet? I asked for an iPhone-designed armband for christmas, and I'm just hoping it will fit. Does anyone know if the dimensions are similar enough to work?
    12-22-08 12:49 AM
    I know the IPod armband I got from WalMart fits the Storm perfectly... It's a little awkward to switch tracks through, since it doesn't have an opening on the side but...it was only $5 so I am not going to split hairs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 03:47 AM
    I wish they would come out with a good storm armband like they have for the iphone and the touch. I have a touch and LOVE the armband I have for it... I just wish I could consolidate it all into my storm!!!
    12-22-08 05:22 AM
    I think that the Storm will be to heavy and awkward for an armband IMO. That is what I have a small MP3 player for.
    12-22-08 05:24 AM
    I think that the Storm will be to heavy and awkward for an armband IMO. That is what I have a small MP3 player for.
    Perhaps, but I'd be carrying it anyway - won't even THINK about going hiking, running, etc without taking my cell phone with me!
    12-22-08 05:52 AM
    I got a motorola stereo over-the-ear bluetooth headset from Best Buy and it rocks! It's about $100 but it's worth it, you have all the controls by your ear and it sounds great!
    Last edited by zoomzoom9; 12-22-08 at 07:33 AM.
    12-22-08 07:31 AM
    I got a motorola stereo over-the-ear bluetooth headset from Best Buy and it rocks! It's about $100 but it's worth it, you have all the controls by your ear and it sounds great!
    I may have look into this

12-22-08 08:07 AM
    The ones you have are they the s9 model. I read some reviews and they seem like they are good. Not to thread jack but do they answer calls as well?
    12-22-08 08:32 AM
    Yes they do answer call...have them and love them!

12-22-08 09:48 AM
    The bose ear bud headphones are a must have!

12-22-08 09:54 AM
    When I am on the Bike at the gym, I just leave my Storm in my pocket. Does anybody know if the constant movement of my leg is screwing up the orinentation feature? I've been locking the screen just in case.
    12-22-08 10:33 AM
    The bose ear bud headphones are a must have!

I agree, they are amazing...however not wireless.
    12-22-08 10:50 AM
    I bought the same ones. I really liked them, but had to return them. They YMCA I go to uses too much RF (it's a new high tech Y opened last year) and it kept losing the bluetooth signal. And when your Storm starts blasting music out its wee speaker in the back and you are running on the treadmill, it's a bit of an annoyance. So I got the waterproof buds with a 4 foot lead.

I really liked how they motorola headset was flexible and sweatproof. And the charge lasted 5 hours. I used 2 at the park with constant music, then 2 more of constant use on a conference call. Everyone on the other end could hear me, but could tell I was using something other than just my phone. Not quite tunnel effect, but not crystal clear either.
    12-22-08 11:20 AM
    The ones you have are they the s9 model. I read some reviews and they seem like they are good. Not to thread jack but do they answer calls as well?
    Actually the S9 has been upgraded to S9-HD. Used them for a 4 hour flight the other day and they were great...only downside is the price.
    12-22-08 11:22 AM
    I know the IPod armband I got from WalMart fits the Storm perfectly... It's a little awkward to switch tracks through, since it doesn't have an opening on the side but...it was only $5 so I am not going to split hairs.

I also use the iPod arm band, but I don't have any problems switching the tracks around because I use this Bluetooth headset. Amazon.com: Motorola H 98689 T820 Bluetooth Stereo Headset (Black): Cell Phones & Service

The headset works as headphones and as a handsfree device. It also has volume controls and track controls on the ear buds. They fit really well, and sound great. I love using them when i go to the GYM.
    12-22-08 12:11 PM
    You guys are just listening to music, right?

For the love of God, please do not be yapping on your phone in the gym.
    12-22-08 12:54 PM
    The S9s are very nice...until you sweat on them. They're advertised as sweat resistant. But they're not. At. All.

I went through 3 pairs of them last year before finally giving up. Once they get moist, the buttons start activating themselves: changing songs, increasing/decreasing volume...and then the buttons become unresponsive, until you dry them out for a day or two. Meh...not worth the trouble.

I just picked up my Jaybird JB-200's off of ebay and they're pretty nice so far. I'll be testing their sweat resistant claim this weekend. We'll see how that goes. They're good sounding and GREAT fitting headphones so far. These things aren't going anywhere unless I pull them off my ears. I like the charging pod & carrying case too. Nice touches.

I made a few calls and they seem to do a fair job. I'll use them in a pinch, but I'll stick with my Aliph original Jawbone or my stock wired BB earbuds for real calls.
    01-23-09 03:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD