03-01-09 08:41 PM
37 12
tools
    What would you guys recommend I get for a case for a 8300 model curve? I need the case to add little bulk to the phone, so it can stay in my front pocket.
    02-23-09 11:08 PM
    Quite a personal preference but I would suggest looking @ the crackberry store for ideas. I hear alot about seidio and for otterbox (which is quite bulky). I use a holster and a skin from BSE.
    02-23-09 11:13 PM
    Having been rough on my Pearl, I decided to take better care of my Curve I just got, so I checked out a few cases and went with the Bodyglove. It adds a little bulk, but the rubberized coating helps prevent it from sliding out of my pocket.
    02-23-09 11:23 PM
    I would go for the black SEIDIO hard case, it fits perfectly and is reasonable (24.99) and will protect the phone if ever dropped.. Also I personally think it makes it look and feel even cooler
    02-24-09 02:45 AM
    I prefer the Seidio hard case for several reasons. It adds very little bulk to your BB and has a similar texture to the sides on your Curve, Also, Seidio makes a dock that you can charge your BB without removing the case. I also use the holster sometimes, especially if my shirt has no pocket. The holster is rugged and allows auto stand-by.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 06:59 AM
    Having been rough on my Pearl, I decided to take better care of my Curve I just got, so I checked out a few cases and went with the Bodyglove. It adds a little bulk, but the rubberized coating helps prevent it from sliding out of my pocket.

what he said.... myself and a buddy locally have the bodyglove, probally the best case i ever had for a phone.

nothing better than taking the case off after a few days and fondeling my curve.... it's like taking of ice skates and walking around.....
    02-24-09 07:00 AM
    Completely agree my Body Glove has been great Ive dropped my phone a couple of times with no damage
    02-24-09 08:17 AM
    I usually use hard snap on covers from wireless accessories.com there priced bout $7.95 & up & along with that I put my bb in a holster as well for padded protect! But its all ur preff on wat u wuld like! Good luk w/that!

02-24-09 08:24 AM
    I'm an otterbox fan I also picked up a two pack of rubber skins from best buy and used the clear layer from the otterbox with them for pocket carry. That way the screen/keyboard were protected

02-24-09 08:29 AM
    The Seidio cases are very good.
    02-24-09 09:39 AM
    I purchased the BODY GLOVE PROTECTIVE SNAP-ON CASE for CURVE 8330. The case has a hard clear plastic front to cover the screen which protects it from being scratched.

I also got the body glove for my sons G1 and he loves it.
    Its similiar to the OtterBox which is what I was going to purchase until I saw a friends case and she has the body glove
    02-24-09 09:51 AM
    You can usually find the seidio rubber hard cases for under $15 on ebay.
    02-24-09 11:16 AM
    call me crazy but i like the $9 bb slip on - easy to get off for a battery pull when nec, and not bulky at all.
    02-24-09 04:21 PM
    Body Glove works great for only $24.99. I slip it in my pocket.
    02-24-09 04:36 PM
    this is the best 1 I've seen:
    ttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120382070270
    02-24-09 04:50 PM
    SEIDIO

Always gives the Curve some love....
    02-24-09 04:51 PM
    I've never been a fan of most silicone cases because they are so thin, come off too easy, and usually attract dust. However, I am about to order a Case-Mate for my 8330. It is a thicker silicone case that covers even the keys (with clear areas so they still light up!). It also comes with a screen protector so once you put the protector and the case on, it is fully covered. It is also textured similar to a body glove to prevent it from sliding around and whatnot. I think they come in Black, Red, Silver, and Purple so far. I can't wait to get one!
    02-24-09 04:58 PM
    I prefer the RexRegina Morgan case because it simply has yet to be beaten in style. Sleek leather case that provides a nice TrackBall groove and keeps the Proximity Sensor. If you're gonna cover your beautiful BlackBerry, don't just throw some cheap, tacky silicone over it
    02-24-09 05:06 PM
    I own the Bodyglove as well as the Seidio rubberized hard case, and I must say I prefer the Seidio one more overall, although the screen protector on the Bodyglove is nice. I bought the Bodyglove first and liked it for a while but didn't care for how bulky it is; the Seidio one is awesome IMO except for the lack of screen protector. I use that one the vast majority of the time.
    02-24-09 05:28 PM
    Does the Seido mess with the proximity sensor or speakerphone use? Any downsides?
    02-25-09 05:49 PM
    Does anyone have any pictures of their Curve in a Seidio. I would like to see some pics of it on a Curve before I actually buy one.
    02-25-09 06:25 PM
    The wife and I both have the Seidio hard case for our Curves. I had one for the Pearl as well. Great case. Doesn't make the phone bulky.
    02-25-09 09:18 PM
    Cool..just got a black one for 10 bucks.
    02-25-09 09:30 PM
    I have purchased Body Glove protective snap-on case for Curve 8330. It is a good case. It comes with the replacement cover to replace the rotating pin for the holster. Just follow the instruction that comes with it.

However, if you like your Curve to be more protected, I suggest you get the Otterbox for Curve. I installed the Otterbox on my Curve and love it so much. You just have to follow the recommended installation of the case to get better snug on the Curve.

Otterbox much better on protection than any case out there, even it is a bit bulky.
    02-28-09 10:20 AM
    I use the Body Glove. I removed the belt clip and knob from the back of the case so I can just put it in my pocket. I like it so far, it adds a little bulk to the phone but like you said that is what you are looking for. Also this case gives you a better grip on the phone and a hard plastic screen cover.
    02-28-09 11:16 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD