09-21-09 11:10 PM
94 1234
tools
    I'm 23 in Grad School. Currently wear it on my hip because I refuse to dedicate a pocket to it. (should probably cut down on all the crap I carry, but anyways) Frankly, I could careless what people have to say about it. I already spent too many years of my life stressing what other people think or say about what I do.
    08-12-09 10:06 AM
    I'm 28 and when at work I just keep the holster case in my pocket. I don't like the look of a phone on my belt clip with a dress shirt tucked in. Out of work when I'm wearing polo's or t-shirts that I don't tuck in then it's on the belt. Basically, discretion for me is the key - lol
    08-12-09 10:07 AM
    Put it on their hip! please ppl stop doing this cause everytime i see you i laugh, it does not look good.
    Wearing a phone isn't supposed tp be a huge fashion statement. When I'm at work, I wear it on my belt loop, and when I need it, I grab it. I don't need to look 'good' I need to have my phone not in my pocket collecting dust. :P cause -that- I hate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 10:09 AM
    Had my curve in my pocket and went through many screens, because id always end up tossing my keys into that pocket.
    but my tour never came with a holster, I had one from my last phone (enV) but i only used it about 1/2 the time.
    Tour is always on my hip in its holster now. The holster auto locks it, and keeps the screen off, and not sending random calls, as well as protects it.
    08-12-09 10:09 AM
    I'm 20 in IT. When I dress up I use the holster on my hip. When I am too lazy to dress up or I am off work, I put it in my pocket in my holster.
    08-12-09 10:13 AM
    I'm 24 and an engineer. Keep it in the provided holster on my belt at work, when i remember to put it on. Otherwise it's naked in the front pocket.
    I think the general rule is: if you're wearing business casual (i.e. collared shirt and khakis) then it's okay to wear your BB on your belt.

In the end, it's all in how you carry yourself that makes the difference. Do you act mature and carry yourself with class like the adult that you are?

I'm 30 and wear it in the holster on my hip while at work (military) along with multitool, flashlight and occasional cable making toolkit. When I'm bumming around in shorts or jeans it's still in the holster, but in my pocket instead.
    Last edited by vangvace; 08-12-09 at 10:21 AM.
    08-12-09 10:19 AM
    Wow, took me a minute to figure out how old I was. I'm 23, wear it on a holster. I only wear it on a holster because I run out of room in my pockets. env Touch in the pocket. Both phones in my bike jacket when I'm on the bike.
    08-12-09 10:21 AM
    Haha funny post. I'm 20 and in college I keep it in my pocket naked or with a silicone case.

08-12-09 10:48 AM
    im going to be 30 in 2 weeks so i think i can still respond to this.

just wear it whatever way you think is cool or convenient. you'll eventually realize that by caring too much about what other people think is what is the lamest/corniest/(insert "nerdy" insult here) thing of all.
    08-12-09 10:55 AM
    I'm 25, manage a Sign Shop at a Medical University. I wear the company work phone on my left side, my personal BBTour on the right. Also on my Bat-belt is a tape ruler, a motorola walkie-takie radio and a ring of master-keys to access most doors. I wear collar uniforms w/ shirt tucked in at all times. Most people at my work place wear their phone on their belts. The doctors I see here also have their phone + a beeper on their belts.

08-12-09 10:58 AM
    27 and i use the included case on my hip
    08-12-09 10:59 AM
    I'm 20 and in college. I switch between the belt clip holster and just keeping a gel skin on it, letting it roam free in my pocket.
    08-12-09 11:01 AM
    29 and it goes naked in my pocket. My curve use to be in a holster on my hip while at work, but that was only at work.
    08-12-09 11:02 AM
    24 years old here and I have a hard case cover and keep it in my pocket.
    08-12-09 11:18 AM
    27 and in engineering. It goes either with a silicone skin or BSE-type skin in the pocket. I refuse to wear it on my belt...fashion statement or not. But I'm vain like that
    08-12-09 11:26 AM
    21 year old college student and it's usually either on my desk at work or in my bag in a silicone case or pocket if i'm going somewhere

...actually, scratch both of those, it's usually in my hands hahah
    08-12-09 11:32 AM
    I'm 21 & a Business Rep for VZW. I keep mine in the shield/holster combo by us. By far the best case for the tour.

08-12-09 11:34 AM
    Wow lots of feedback. For all the ppl that put it in their pocket do u put it in standby or lock the keyboard. I've found myself locking the keyboard on accident as the button is where the mute use to be on my curve and bold

08-12-09 11:38 AM
    31, IT Professional, POCKET ONLY!!!!! Holsters look ridiculous! If I start using a holster, I may as well get glasses with tape in the middle and a pocket protector!!!

out in a remote mountain town you may have heard of, Aspen, so I wear shorts, jeans - anything comfortable - and a holster would look ridiculous! Then again, it looks ridiculous anyways!!
    Last edited by BryEDS; 08-12-09 at 11:44 AM.
    08-12-09 11:41 AM
    Wow lots of feedback. For all the ppl that put it in their pocket do u put it in standby or lock the keyboard. I've found myself locking the keyboard on accident as the button is where the mute use to be on my curve and bold

Autostandby so I don't even have to push the button
    08-12-09 11:41 AM
    Put it on their hip! please ppl stop doing this cause everytime i see you i laugh, it does not look good.
    Everytime I see girls in those fugly glasses, a kitten dies.

But really, 24 here - Always keep it holstered on my belt. Faster to get to, sleep function and ease of use for me.
    AND - I'm not worried how some joe-shmoe thinks I look for wearing it. I know who's bringing home the bacon :-)
    Last edited by BrianW2007; 08-12-09 at 11:46 AM.
    08-12-09 11:43 AM
    I'm a 20 year old college student who works as an office aid. I feel awkward wearing the phone on my hip for the simple fact I'm a small girl. Granted, it also looks weird in the pocket of my skinny jeans although not nearly as much as my Mogul or Touch Pro use to look lol. I use a silicone gel cover religiously. I also use the case that came with it when I throw the phone in my purse or backpack while I wait on my Boxwave screen protector.
    08-12-09 11:45 AM
    Wow, i'm amazed how many people carry their phones in their pockets. I guess you have to keep the repair departments busy somehow!! I always carry too much stuff in my pockets and would never put the phone in there for fear of damage.

Also, I was amazed by the replies of : phone goes on my desk, in my cup holder, in my pocket, on the table, etc... Im curious, of those people who do not use some type of belt clip, how long have you had a phone, and how many times have you lost your phone?

I have to admit, the only time I damaged my phone (in the 16 years I've had a cell phone) was when I was working underneath my car and forgot to take the phone off. The small LG flip didnt have a chance!

My phones always on my belt, and I'm proud to say I've never lost a phone.
    08-12-09 11:52 AM
94 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD