09-04-09 09:23 PM
67 123
tools
    Innocase Surface Combo, Black

This one looks neat - what do you think?
    I think that is what I am going to go with. I need a little more protection due to my job, but an otterbox is to bulky for me to be able to carry. The only place I can carry my phone is in my shirt pocket, but I need a holster for personal time. It is a bit pricey but seems to be the perfect match for my needs.
    08-15-09 01:34 PM
    I picked up a case for my blackberry curve at walmart. Very nice fit, not too snug, but snug enough. It is made by case logic
    08-15-09 04:35 PM
    ZAGG Invisible shield plus original Blackberry case.
    08-15-09 08:52 PM
    Don't you fine the Otterbox line too large and bulky looking?
    I don't like ANY cases on my bb's. One of the reasons I love the bb is the size. Putting on a bulky case or skin makes it too big for my liking. I do think that for people who don't mine the added bulk, the Otterbox is a pretty well built case and has a great reputation of durability and protection.
    08-16-09 11:31 AM
    Don't you fine the Otterbox line too large and bulky looking?
    Nope not at all. Typing took a week to get used to but without the case on I feel nervous carrying it around.
    08-16-09 03:13 PM
    Nope not at all. Typing took a week to get used to but without the case on I feel nervous carrying it around.

Isn't this one the same concept as the Otterbox but less bulky and sleeker looking?
    08-16-09 07:30 PM

Isn't this one the same concept as the Otterbox but less bulky and sleeker looking?
    Not really. The otterbox are in their own league. No one can really compare to their protection. But to get it you completely give up the look and sleekness of your phone. Most people that buy otterboxes use them as tools for work and need them operating above all else. Most general users are not going to work with that. Truth be told I need an otterbox but I can't live with that form factor. If my phone lives three months I'll be surprised. But my phone is not a vital piece of my work equipment. The biggest downfall from it breaking is that I am out streaming radio and my wife will be pissed she couldn't call me all day.
    08-16-09 08:24 PM
    Not really. The otterbox are in their own league. No one can really compare to their protection. But to get it you completely give up the look and sleekness of your phone. Most people that buy otterboxes use them as tools for work and need them operating above all else. Most general users are not going to work with that. Truth be told I need an otterbox but I can't live with that form factor. If my phone lives three months I'll be surprised. But my phone is not a vital piece of my work equipment. The biggest downfall from it breaking is that I am out streaming radio and my wife will be pissed she couldn't call me all day.

Those that work in an environment that warrant high protection, I can understand how Otterbox would be a good fit for them. For me, I am inside in a business environment and that bulky box would not go well with my suit. With that being said, I've already dropped it several times so I need to get something quick
    Last edited by whodathunkit; 08-23-09 at 09:09 PM.
    08-16-09 09:07 PM
    Does anyone have experience with mixing and matching other BlackBerry cases with their Tour?

I am looking for a nice quality slim pouch for the Tour (that covers the entire phone unlike the ones sold here at crackberry), that does not include a holster. I love the Beyza SlimLine series and the pouch (Beyza link here), but they don't have one available for the Tour yet. They do have the Curve 8900, Bold and Storm ones available, and wondered how compatible they would be with the Tour. The Storm seems like the best fit size-wise, but was unsure of how well the magnets lined up for the sleep function.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by dst255; 08-17-09 at 10:13 AM.
    08-17-09 10:09 AM
    Boom:

BLACK Soft Crystal Gel Hard Case Blackberry Tour 9630 - eBay (item 300335551087 end time Sep-02-09 12:14:31 PDT)

This case is incredible. Fits great, looks great, protects, does NOT attract lint and does NOT get suck in your pocket like silicone. The best part is it only costs $5. It's amazing.
    08-19-09 10:52 AM
    Can It Handle A Drop?
    08-20-09 02:15 PM
    Can It Handle A Drop?
    I haven't dropped mine yet and I am not about to test it out however it feels like it offers as much protection as the thicker silicone skins
    08-20-09 03:27 PM
    I ordered one up after checking it out today, i guess i will see in a couple weeks! I figured for 5 bones i didnt really have much to lose!
    08-20-09 06:40 PM
    08-22-09 09:44 AM
    I held that one at my local Verizon and was put off at what i thought would be bulky, it looks much better installed than i imagined it would! It looks pretty stout/durable but i just hate to cover up all the sexy sleekness of the 9630, i am rough on phones and have babied my Tour, trying to keep it looking good!
    08-22-09 12:09 PM
    NO BULKINESS .. feels great in hand.. those ridges give it a nice feel ... i am very pick y and like this case allot... just hate that i cant use my OEM dock anymore ... i am not one to struggle to take the case on and off at night .. every night
    08-22-09 01:29 PM
    NO BULKINESS .. feels great in hand.. those ridges give it a nice feel ... i am very pick y and like this case allot... just hate that i cant use my OEM dock anymore ... i am not one to struggle to take the case on and off at night .. every night
    I tried this case and it would be perfect if the Tour could easily be slipped on and off. I used the demo Tour at the store with this case and it took three different people to slip it off I use the dock too much and this case is definitely not for me.

I'm still leaning towards the Innocase Surface Combo, Black
    but hope it can easily be slipped on and off as needed. Also, I like Case Mate products and they had a very neat case/holster type for my Treo - carbon and all - but don't see that they have that now or in production
    08-23-09 09:28 PM
    the innocase i dont feel is meant to be taken apart nice and easy ... it just assembles different then the old kind..and pushing that plastic in and out everyday .. i dont see that lasting long.. seidio let the charging strips stick out because they r probably releasing a charger.. and i had the case mate case n holster for an older phone and it was waaaay too bulky ...

i love the case now but i hear ya that it isnt a good option for dock users... my dock is on hold until i get tired of this case
    08-23-09 09:38 PM
    the innocase i dont feel is meant to be taken apart nice and easy ... it just assembles different then the old kind..and pushing that plastic in and out everyday .. i dont see that lasting long.. seidio let the charging strips stick out because they r probably releasing a charger.. and i had the case mate case n holster for an older phone and it was waaaay too bulky ...

i love the case now but i hear ya that it isnt a good option for dock users... my dock is on hold until i get tired of this case
    I had a Treo 755p and yes, it was bulky, but the Treo is bulky to start with so I didn't mind too much. I really loved the case n holster combo and am looking for the same set up for the Tour if it comes out. On the other hand, if I can get the innocase with the same set up and dont' have to take it out to dock it - I'll buy the charger. Do you know for sure that is going to happen? If not, any other options for a case/holster combo with ability to dock without too much hassle?
    08-23-09 09:50 PM
    your best bet if u want a case to use with dock is to go with seidio which will be $$$$ for case/holster and their dock .. whenever that comes out

or u can get a skin but have no holster and those are easy to take on and off at night to use oem dock.. that is what i did prior to finding this case
    08-23-09 09:53 PM
    your best bet if u want a case to use with dock is to go with seidio which will be $$$$ for case/holster and their dock .. whenever that comes out

or u can get a skin but have no holster and those are easy to take on and off at night to use oem dock.. that is what i did prior to finding this case
    That's probably what I am going to do. Any idea on what skin is best? I HATE those gel cases - want something sleek (hard or soft) that can be easily taken off for docking.

By the way, the holster style, soft leather case that came with the Tour is not bad at all. I might like the skin in combination with that case. The only thing I don't like about it is that flap. Again, the case/holster style that CaseMate made was perfect for me.
    08-23-09 10:01 PM
    i used the OEM silicone skin but after some time they tend to stretch... these have gotten good reviews:

2 Blackberry Tour 9630 Hard Silicon Gel Skin Cover Case - eBay (item 200368636543 end time Aug-29-09 15:10:46 PDT)

but u say u dont like gel ... and the hard cases r too much trble to get on and off to use with dock
    08-23-09 10:16 PM

Does this case face the keyboard in or out. It looks like it faces the keyboard out.
    08-25-09 06:15 PM

what about those skin/stickers that cover the whole phone then just carry the phone in the OEM holster. you should still be able to use the dock correct?
    08-25-09 06:33 PM
    i just got this Shell / Holster combo for BB Tour from Verizon Wireless - even though I use Sprint.

But the funny thing is that the rep gave me a discount on the purchase, after he asked me if i have verizon and if my account is associated with any discounts. But I don't. Then he told me that oh yeah you have discounts. so from $29.99 down to $22.49
    08-25-09 09:10 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD