08-17-11 02:30 AM
67 123
tools
    I bought a TPU case from daydeal.com and I'm pretty happy with it. I don't have to worry about the case scratching my phone at all. The only downfall would be that it's harder to press the volume, mute, lock, and camera buttons.
    02-22-11 09:48 PM
    I wouldn't recommend the Otterbox since it created a few small scratches on my bezel
    03-07-11 09:58 AM
    Received my Epik resin case yesterday. Overall I like the material, but the only problem I'm having with it is difficulty pressing the volume, camera, standby and mute buttons. Basically all of the external buttons covered by the case. If that could somehow be fixed, it'd probably be my go-to case.

Also been using an Incipio feather case. Love it for being so thin. The tabs that clip on to the top portion of the slider add more friction to the sliding mechanism causing it to have a rougher slide open and close. Also, one of the tabs has broken off from normal usage (ie sliding open/close). Actually makes the sliding mechanism smoother though. Overall I do like this case for what it is.
    03-09-11 12:23 AM
    ^^ probably if you pad something inside of the button portions of the case so that you don't have to press down as hard.

The only thing is it will take some experimenting because if you put too much, it could permanently depress the buttons which causes problems.

I'm thinking maybe applying some glue that is easy to peel off (incase you screw up) and letting it dry inside the buttons.

But yeah, other than that I love the case. I'm surprised how well it works considering I didn't think a soft case could work on a slider and it doesn't interfere with the top row of the keyboard at all, which most cases do.
    03-13-11 03:01 AM
    Started with otterbox and, like many others, have since thrown it away. I'm now using the Mobi hard shell case (1/3 the price of the otterbox), and I really like it. I had to use some strategically placed double-sided tape to keep the top piece from coming off occasionally in my Bold 9000 horizontal holster. But, it does fit very well in my holster and in my Bold car mount with the Mobi case still on it. I'm very pleased. I got the clear case, but it comes in many different colors too.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    What kind of double sided tape did you use? Did the tape cause any damage to the housing? That is a great idea then I could use any case without worrying about the top falling off.
    03-13-11 02:39 PM
    Please recommend me best case for blackberry.
    What's best for me may not be best for you. Look at the recommendations in this thread and then buy the one that YOU think is best.
    03-17-11 07:45 PM
    I got this Noreve - Etui cuir Blackberry Torch 9800 Tradition | Noreve - Haute Couture for Mobile Devices in 'Dark Vintage'.
    Cannot fault it at all. Phone has never fallen out. And it's totally useable.
    Well recommended
    03-27-11 05:30 PM
    I got this Noreve - Etui cuir Blackberry Torch 9800 Tradition | Noreve - Haute Couture for Mobile Devices in 'Dark Vintage'.
    Cannot fault it at all. Phone has never fallen out. And it's totally useable.
    Well recommended
    now that is an innovative case...
    03-27-11 06:44 PM
    If you wanna look elegant, please use the original pouch of blackberry torch. they sale it here.

If you wanna look sporty (and very bulky), do use the otterbox commuter

If you wanna look casual, do use Seidio Innocase Surface.
    04-01-11 01:01 PM
    I've tired a lot of cases.

The biggest thing for me, how it effects the phone.
    It cannot make the touch screen feel "wobbly"
    Cannot interfere with the track pad
    Cannot be huge
    Need to be smooth to slide in/out of pocket.

Adreama
    Found at futureshop.
    PRO:
    Cheap $$
    Don't interfere with trackpad

CON:
    Made Screen Wobbly
    Looks Cheap

There are a lot of other cases that look and feel similar to this case under random names.

Case-mate:
    PRO:
    Cool feel
    Back cover fits well

CON:
    Front somewhat easily
    Interferes with trackpad
    Makes screen feel wobbly (I shaved one of the holding clips with a razor blade and improved this).

The platinum case(Seidio Innocase surface):
    (I got at an American best buy).
    PRO:
    Cool Feel
    Doesn't Interfere with track pad
    Back Cover well attached

CON:
    Front cover pops off way too easily (like every time phone is put in pocket)
    Somewhat wobbly (acceptable)

The Otterbox:
    PRO:
    Nice faceplate design
    Looks Nice

CON:
    The back cover pushed my lock & mute buttons, freezing the phone.(Total Deal Breaker for me)
    Very Expensive

AGF GRT:
    (Found in HiTFAR packaging at a T-booth store in the mall)
    PRO:
    Very Cool Looking
    Face plate is very well attached
    Very Sturdy
    Doesn't Wobble at all

CON:
    Make Slider a little stiff
    Interfere a bit with top rows of keys
    Interferes a bit with the touch pad

Honestly The AGF GRT is the way to go.

The Otterbox would be good if it didn't freeze the phone, and the Seidio Innocase would be a solid choice if the cover didn't pop off all the time.
    Last edited by beaverbanker; 04-04-11 at 12:42 PM.
    04-04-11 12:58 AM
    Just got the torch a week ago and have tried the otterbox commuter,casemate barely there and the AGF GRT Shell. The Best outta the 3 is the AGF GRT case. The case fits the phone perfectly. Has a better look to it than the commuter and more protection than the casemate. Very pleased with the AGF GRT!
    06-30-11 02:53 PM
    I purchased the Seidio Innocase from Crackberry, and initially I was impressed! I liked the rubberized cover and the magnitized clip holster it went in. I travel a lot and spend a lot of time moving around to where the phone would occasionally catch a chair, door way, other person, etc. I have broken the holster clip twice on it in the last 3 months, and I just don't see me getting a third one. Crackberrys return staff was great when the first one broke in the first week, but I was more careful with the second, and I don't see them replacing it again. The design is great, but the quality of plastic is brittle and weak at the clip hinge. This seems to be the weak link in the design. I just wish it was as strong as a OEM Blackberry holsters that I found for the Bolds and Curves.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 10:20 AM
    Check ebay. The prolene silicon cases are the cheapest but usually the best quality. You'll get them out of China.
    08-09-11 05:46 AM
    Take a look at this one crazyondigital.com/bb9800torchskinblkwr.html its only $4.98 and use code FREESHIPPING08 for free shipping.

I have bought their other BB Cases and I have to say that the quality exceeded my expectations for that prices I paid.
    08-12-11 06:41 PM
    I have the Case Mate Barely There, Otterbox, TPU cases from ebay, and the OEM Leather Pocket Pouch. I believe the BEST case is the leather pocket pouch. It protects your phone, puts it to sleep when in the holster, and you still have the appearance of your sleek torch. The cases with the top piece usually make my torch wobbly when closed, and it annoys me. If you want a classy case, you can never go wrong with the OEM pocket pouch.
    08-14-11 02:07 PM
    Even with just the pouch the phone is still exposed and all it takes is 1 drop till it looks used and abused. Checkout the AGF GRT case looks nice,no wobble, and it still fits in a 9650 holster.
    08-14-11 04:51 PM
    I had a cheap ebay case for $6, lasted about 3 weeks till I dropped the Torch and the front piece popped off. Broke one of the mounting tabs in the process. Then I bought a Case-Mate Barely There case also off of ebay for $5. I love the look, but the front piece comes off way too easily. I thought I lost it for 3 days until I found it in the backseat of my car.
    08-17-11 02:30 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD