i got my girl friend a torch and she wanted a case right away for it and got what Telus had. im not sure on the brand (Case Mate maybe), it's matte black hard plastic and snaps on. it sucks.
    the front wont stay on the phone and is a complete nuisance, the back stays on but it pretty difficult to get off so battery pulls are a challenge.

i'm looking at the AGF case, seems pretty good. but i dont want to buy a case just to have the same thing keep happening to the front cover. any suggestions?

thanks!
    watermon12 likes this.
    04-24-11 09:56 PM
    I'm using the AGF GRT case and its great as it slides on itself and doesn't clip onto the phone in anyway. Been using the same case since about December and dropped it many times with no issues.

Some wireless wave and t-booth carries a rebranded version of the AGF cases
    04-24-11 10:10 PM
    There are many thread with this info and AGF GRT is one of the best and you can reset your bb using alt + right shift + delete there is no need to take the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-11 10:24 PM
    I would Recomend the AGF GRT case, or if she needs a holster clip the AGF ENDO case...

You might want to consider a screen protector as well... You can find good quality ones (and really cheap ones too) online. Check out ebay -> Blackberry Torch 9800 invisibleSHIELD Screen Protector | eBay

Hope she enjoys her torch

Cheers,
    04-24-11 10:32 PM
    For good price check on ebay. For your case.
    04-25-11 06:34 AM
    thanks everyone, AGF GRT it is.. thanks for the restart tip Mike, i was unaware of it.
    04-25-11 09:10 AM
    There are many thread with this info and AGF GRT is one of the best and you can reset your bb using alt + right shift + delete there is no need to take the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This is a "soft" reboot and typically all you need to do to fix some issues the phone has from time to time, but it can in no way replace an actual physical battery pull. 2 totally different things. I would go into details about the difference's but there's already a bunch of threads regarding this.
    04-25-11 09:39 AM
    I use the full body InvisiShield protection for my Torch and it's worked great despite it being a pain to put on properly, I'd recommend getting that as well as this AGF GRT case as I've heard many good things about it and not just from these forums either.
    04-25-11 10:01 AM
    i got my girl friend a torch and she wanted a case right away for it and got what Telus had. im not sure on the brand (Case Mate maybe), it's matte black hard plastic and snaps on. it sucks.
    the front wont stay on the phone and is a complete nuisance, the back stays on but it pretty difficult to get off so battery pulls are a challenge.

i'm looking at the AGF case, seems pretty good. but i dont want to buy a case just to have the same thing keep happening to the front cover. any suggestions?

thanks!
    As far as the battery pull issue due to the case, if you hold down alt in the left side, caps lock on right side, and del on the right side of the keyboard....this does a re-boot.

I feel you about the cases for the torch having to do a battery pull. This trick works just as well.
    04-25-11 10:54 AM
    Just wanted to mention that I have tried 3 different cases for my Torch, which I have had now for about 1 month.

First, I bought the Otterbox and took it back. Too bulky. After removing it I noticed a few scratches on the top of the bezel.

Second, I tried the Seidio Innocase and like it except that it causes the slide portion to feel loose. Also, it seems to have scratched the top of the bezel even more.

I just bought the Incipio Feather Case and it is similar to the Innocase, but impedes the sliding action. The slide portion of the phone does feel solid, though.

What bugs me is that the top of the bezel is scratched up and has been inside a case for 99% of the time.

Anyway, that is my experience so far. Now I just need to find out how to remove scratches!
    04-26-11 08:20 AM
    otterbox been my best so far, i got a super cheap one on the way from hong kong. bright orange, lol
    04-26-11 07:52 PM
    SRT GRT is the best
    04-29-11 12:41 PM
    AGF GRT. Love it. And I have to say that I'm a case hater. But the phone is really solid, even has a more "masculine" look IMO. Also does a good job avoiding pressing the top buttons by accident. And cost me just $12 shipped at Amazon.
    04-29-11 03:25 PM
    Agf grt endo!
    04-30-11 08:31 PM
    I have an Otterbox Commuter, not as tough as the defender and three three dogs all over 70lbs, I did manage to break the face on it.
    However, my boyfriend and I have always dealt with Otterbox and had no problems, especially with my broken case I emailed them a picture of it and they put a new one in the mail for me.
    05-21-11 06:09 AM
    The Seidio Innocase Combo has been working great for me! Which case did you go with?
    05-29-11 10:06 PM
    for those with the GRT case, how do you handle the usb charging port? I read that it gets in the way of the plug.
    09-11-11 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD