08-08-09 11:32 PM
28 12
tools
    I'm getting ready to order a pair of storms this morning and obviously want to get the jump and order cases at the same time, what's the better case setup in ya'll's opinion, the Otterbox (I've got one for my 8330 and love it to death) or the invisible shield from zagg? (or, would you use the otterbox's hard and rubber layers with the IS underneath it?)
    04-02-09 07:00 AM
    The OB is awesome, the new ones are now shipping. It's a damn sturdy case FWIW. I'm pretty certain though that the fit is so tight that the IS won't fit underneath the OB
    04-02-09 07:06 AM
    I was talking about using the IS instead of their membrane layer. with the 8330 the key point I learned about them is that if it's "close enough" then it's "good enough" and apparently not enough 8330 curve owners threw a fit about their membrane layer not fitting correctly for them to be bothered in fixing it or offering a layer that's properly fitted for the phone. Where the IS wins out in that aspect for me is that I've not seen anyone have trouble with their cases as long as you put it on right (and don't think they want you to wait as many hours as you can before using your device to let the "membrane" settle on the phone)
    04-02-09 07:20 AM
    See, the OtterBox's "membrane" is actually built in to the case and not removable without voiding the warranty on the case.
    04-02-09 07:21 AM
    none better than vaja in my opinion. gotta be willing to spend the coin tho.

www.vajachoice.com
    04-02-09 07:21 AM
    ooh so the new 'box has the membrane fused to the hard shell so you're just snapping the hard shell together? how do you get the air bubbles out of the screen?

as far as the vaja cases, I'd pass on them based on the fact that they're leather cases, I have a puppy that'd take it as an invitation to try to sneak off with my phone, and then I'd be out the case and be doing an insurance claim on the phone, and the cost of the puppy.
    Last edited by dhyde79; 04-02-09 at 07:25 AM.
    04-02-09 07:23 AM
    ooh so the new 'box has the membrane fused to the hard shell so you're just snapping the hard shell together? how do you get the air bubbles out of the screen?
    Unfortunately, I don't know yet about the air bubbles, they are sending me a redesigned case as the first one was unusable with the membrane, the redesign is different. But yes, you are just snapping the hard shell together.
    04-02-09 07:39 AM
    hmm.....I'll hold off on deciding, when you get it in let me know on those bubbles would ya?
    04-02-09 07:52 AM
    hmm.....I'll hold off on deciding, when you get it in let me know on those bubbles would ya?
    My new case is scheduled to be here tomorrow. I'll PM you with my findings
    04-02-09 07:53 AM
    Depends on your usage.....for me its otterbox ALL THE WAY!!! My new redesign case is scheduled to drop today.
    04-02-09 08:00 AM
    I've read good things about the Otterbox but is it overkill for someone who's inside all day? I was thinking about Seidio Innocase I or II. Otterbox looks bulky (according to reviews) and it just appears more geared to someone working in an outside environment.
    04-02-09 08:37 AM
    I've read good things about the Otterbox but is it overkill for someone who's inside all day? I was thinking about Seidio Innocase I or II. Otterbox looks bulky (according to reviews) and it just appears more geared to someone working in an outside environment.
    Otterbox is large. I'm a repo man, so it's a must for me.
    04-02-09 08:47 AM
    Seidio Innocase II is perfect for casual use. Looks good too, IMO.
    04-02-09 08:56 AM
    BINGO

If you're easy on phones the OB is a bit overkill I suppose. I train retrievers and carve decoys for a living......not a nice environment for phones.....otterbox is a must have for me.
    04-02-09 09:04 AM
    The Otterbox is money!! Very well built, keeps dirt and dust out, and totally funtional. A little harder to use the keyboard but I've gotten use to it!

Otterbox offers the best protection but if that is not a must have then it might be overkill!
    04-02-09 09:15 AM
    depends on what you like. If you're after protection, Otterbox is the only way to go, and they have KILLER customer support....i mean KILLER.

past that, it seems lots of people like the seido innocase on here.

I'm an otterbox guy, but i'm also a guy that spent good dough on my storm (i.e. it wasnt an upgrade), so i'd like to keep it awhile!!! Plus, i ride motorcycle a lot, so something sturdy !!!!

good luck!
    --J
    04-02-09 09:20 AM
    Depends on your usage.....for me its otterbox ALL THE WAY!!! My new redesign case is scheduled to drop today.
    yeah, if you do order an OB, i'd say order direct from them and make sure you get the new redesign case....!!!
    04-02-09 09:21 AM
    none better than vaja in my opinion. gotta be willing to spend the coin tho.

www dot vajachoice dot com

I don't know why, but I have zero patience for sites that are near 100% flash.
    04-02-09 10:11 AM
    agreed, the OB is bulky as **** and you do have to tweak your usage to match the case's capabilities, but, when you need protection they're impossible to beat, the IS is supposed to be nearly perfect scratch protection but no drop protection, which, worries me, as it is, with the OB on my 8330 I don't hesitate to throw it across the store to someone asking a question about the phone after opening the appropriate app/menu/whatever. I think I'll be going OB, maybe.....they're gonna have to sweeten the pot for me a little bit cause currently, I'm a bit peeved about the lack of proper fitting membrane on the 8330 and the fact that they JUST replaced the whole case and the rubber layer's stretched out like a 5 cent hooker, the tab on the charging port cover's ripping off from normal use and a few other things, sure they'll ship me a replacement if I call them and ask them to, but at under 3 months old, why should I have to? the second belt clip I got is showing wear much sooner than the previous one that broke did too.....
    04-02-09 08:25 PM
    I've heard they've started shipping the redesigned cases and even replacing first rev cases for those who ordered previously. Mine's on the way, I can report on it when it gets here if someone else hasn't beat me.

Plus I'm sure you can email them with any concerns, a lot of the people who've dealt with them rave about their customer support.

Also also, there's a coupon worth 20% off in the "New OtterBox is here" thread.
    04-02-09 11:04 PM
    I have tried them all Case-Mate is hands down the best case for the Storm.

Read more at this link,

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/han...em-all-192697/
    Last edited by Bettermost; 04-03-09 at 12:33 AM.
    04-03-09 12:29 AM
    ive had alot of good luck with the otterbox but i usually use it for my work.
    it can feel a bit bulky
    04-03-09 12:34 AM
    Hello, I just tried few Crystal Cases (and also "Faonnable") because I like a lot this kind of cases. Most of the time I use Brando Crystal Case because I never had any issuee. But with my Storm, when I plug the 2 parts (rear and front) I'm not able to use anymore the "click screen" : it is blocked. I hace to remove the clip on 1 corner in order it works...
    Did somebody experienced the same issue ?
    04-03-09 12:39 AM
    I have the VZW clear plastic case on the Storm. It's OK, but I appreciate that others are discussing this issue, as I'm anal about cases myself. Sena, makes a nice case but expensive! I'll be hunting around as well and keep you posted. Let me know if you decide to go with something!
    04-03-09 01:09 AM
    I have the Sena magnet flipper and I love it. My storm is much more responsive now that I don't have to wait for it to unlock just to check my messages. I am glad RIM came up with that sleeper function. It is just so nice to flip the phone open and it be on and unlocked and ready to use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 11:01 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD