02-12-09 10:10 AM
55 123
tools
    I just contacted Otterbox so that I can get a return authorization number for my Storm Case. I've used it for several days and I hate it. I was hoping to LOVE it. I have had multiple issues with the case:
    1. Putting it together and taking it apart calls for detailed blueprints (and it doesn't come with any directions). It is a pain to put together and take apart. The polycarbonate shell comes in two parts, then there is a silicone skin that fits around it. (Warning: Expect to break several nails while putting it on and taking it off of the Storm). If you need to pop the battery for a reset, plan on it taking about 10 mins or longer to get into it.
    2. It is VERY bulky and ruins the sleek look of the Storm.
    3. The way the case is designed, the microphone is pretty well covered. Everyone I talked to over the past few days complains that I sound like I'm in a tunnel. I've got my mic volume set to max.
    4. The case also muffles the ear piece, making it really hard to hear (even though I have my speaker set to max volume).
    5. In order to hear my conversations, I have to place my ear strategically against the case and it actually hurts my ear from the pressure I have to put against the case in order to hear my caller.
    6. The "clear membrane" protective sheet that comes attached to the hard portion of the case is thick like the plastic that covers items that come in boxes of items you purchase in department stores. Considering the Storm is a touch phone, it desensitizes the users touch and makes using the Storm very frustrating.

I know Otterbox has a great rep for building heavy duty cases, but they really need to rethink this design for the BB Storm.
    02-07-09 09:40 PM
    The OtterBox is the best case out there and it will be even better soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 11:31 AM
    Just got my Seidio Innocase II in Black last night. It looks AWESOME on my Storm. Much, much nicer than the hard case I got from Verizon and much less bulky. As for protection, well only time will tell. But I like it!
    02-12-09 09:15 AM
    Just got my Seidio Innocase II in Black last night. It looks AWESOME on my Storm. Much, much nicer than the hard case I got from Verizon and much less bulky. As for protection, well only time will tell. But I like it!
    I currently have the Chrome Front/smoke back case from Verizon and i did have the silicon case from Verizon as well. (Chrome case is bulky but fits perfectly and does not block any buttons, speakers, or headphone jacks. The silicon case was terrible, just a scratch protecter that sucks in lint and glues itself to the inside of your pockets).

I am looking into getting this Seidio Innocase II, i've heard only good things. I do have a question though, my main problem with the Verizon case is the bulk it adds to the phone. You said the Innocase reduces the bulk, but do you think it would still protect the phone from a drop, or just scratches?

Perhaps if you have the time you could take pictures with both cases on and put them next to eachother so we could see the difference in size?

Thanks
    02-12-09 10:01 AM
    I have the Vaja Classic Leather Pocket and I'm very happy with it. The phone slides in and out with no problems and, it fits nicely in front pockets.
    02-12-09 10:10 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD