02-12-09 10:10 AM
55 123
tools
    So... I was in the Christmas Tree Shops yesterday and dropped my storm from about shoulder height to a tile floor. I didn't want to look at but when i did there was not a scratch on it... Thank God. Anyway i was wondering what cases everyone is using and how they like it? I had a clear hard plastic shell over my curve which i loved. do they make it for the curve?
    01-02-09 11:19 AM
    So... I was in the Christmas Tree Shops yesterday and dropped my storm from about shoulder height to a tile floor. I didn't want to look at but when i did there was not a scratch on it... Thank God. Anyway i was wondering what cases everyone is using and how they like it? I had a clear hard plastic shell over my curve which i loved. do they make it for the curve?

I had one of the cheapo silicon cases for a few days. Hated the fact it wouldn't go in and out of my jeans easily. So, picked up one of the leather sleeves and love it.
    I have also heard of good things from "Seidio" and I know Ottor Box was pretty was huge for Curves/Pearls. Not out yet for Storms.
    Last edited by kmkings311; 01-02-09 at 11:39 AM.
    01-02-09 11:31 AM
    If you had it for the curve I bet they do make it for the curve

But seriously... I bought the official blackberry case from Circuit City and it was cool and all... but pretty clunky. The belt clip could NOT be removed and that annoyed me. Also, the belt clip ended up breaking off after a week of use. I was getting out of my car, and I kept it on my left side... the seat belt caught itself between the casing and the belt clip and SNAP... came right off, I tried putting it back together, but it's not gonna happen.

So, in conclusion... I too am very interested in everyone's thoughts on which case is the best case.
    01-02-09 11:32 AM
    yes they make the hard snap on cases and you can get them from Verizon for about 19.99 plus tax. I just ordered 2 of em, a clear one and also they dont list them on the site but its a really nice chrome face with a smoke grey back. I got the clear one but Im gonna return it and just keep the chrome one when it gets here on Tues via fed ex. They have them in the stores as well but I think they are cheaper when you order them thru telesales or online.
    01-02-09 11:38 AM
    i have the sil case on it and use the BB leather case for the 8830 have had not problems with it
    01-02-09 11:40 AM
    The BEST thing about the official BB cases are the fact that they automatically lock and unlock when you slide it in or pull it out.

How are the clear plastic cases? Do they add a lot of extra bulk to the phone? Or are they relatively unnoticeable?
    01-02-09 11:43 AM
    I know when i had the clear plastic on my curve it wasn't bulky at all... and made it easy to slide in and out of pants pocket... Which i did like... I think I'm gonna try the on for the storm...Thanks 05RavenR6
    01-02-09 11:46 AM
    i too got the silicon one. i agree with the posted above, it sucks taking it out of your pocket and it tends to pick up dirt and lint. I am planning on getting a different one this weekend. I also have the (and i might be wrong with the name) invisibleSHIELD. I HIGHLY recomend this product. works awesome. kinda sucks putting it on so make sure you got a steady hand.
    01-02-09 11:49 AM
    I just ordered the invisibleshield myself.... I have seen it on some iphones and such and it does a good job just hope it not that difficult to put on. especially since i hate bubbles under screen protectors. How does yours look?
    01-02-09 11:52 AM
    If you are looking for a belt holster, the BB for the Curve fits perfectly.
    01-02-09 12:03 PM
    I got a BestSkinsEver.
    01-02-09 12:05 PM
    I have the hard case from Verizon...and I like it. The rep said it was better protection then the silicone one...but who knows for sure.
    01-02-09 12:10 PM
    Seidio > all
    01-02-09 12:15 PM
    I have the green hard case from Verizon. I LOVE the look of it, but I feel like it's a tad bulky and snaps apart a little too easily. It's also VERY slippery and I'm pretty clumsy. I ordered the White FlexArmor from Sedio and it should arrive today. Hopefully it won't show lint/dust like the darker silicone cases.

I've really got my eye on that flip-case from Vaja though. Don't want to drop the dough, but those look slick. Does no one else make nice, minimalist flip cases like that? No holster buttons, card holders, etc?
    01-02-09 12:42 PM
    I just ordered one of the silicon cases.. gonna combine that with some scratch-resistant screen covers and I think that should do the trick for me. My biggest concern with my Storm (that I just got yesterday) is that I'm going to drop it. It's got a significant amount of heft and it's just slippery overall. Hopefully this will do the trick.
    01-02-09 12:51 PM
    Leather cases are nice. especially the new Vaja cases coming out soon for the storm(though the vaja ones are pricy).

For me right now, I use the clear hard case, they do have it for the storm and its great!
    01-02-09 12:53 PM
    I use the good old sleeve case, what I really like is that it puts the phone to sleep and it also looks really professional.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 12:56 PM
    I like the silicone case. It's minimal and does not add any size to the Storm. I have no problem getting it in and out of my pocket but it does pick up lint but that just wipes off.
    01-02-09 01:41 PM
    Well, my FlexArmor came today. It's not thick at all and the cut-outs are just right. I like the look. I wish the Seidio website pics would have been a tad more realistic as it looks solid white in their pics, but it's still a nice case. Much more streamlined than the Verizon plastic case and this one doesn't go flying out of my hands
    01-02-09 01:50 PM
    yes they make the hard snap on cases and you can get them from Verizon for about 19.99 plus tax. I just ordered 2 of em, a clear one and also they dont list them on the site but its a really nice chrome face with a smoke grey back. I got the clear one but Im gonna return it and just keep the chrome one when it gets here on Tues via fed ex. They have them in the stores as well but I think they are cheaper when you order them thru telesales or online.
    I bought the hard crome faced one from verizon. I hate it. It nearly doubles the thickness of the phone and the opening it has for the headphone jack is to small. If you actally want to use headphones you have to unsnap it from the phone.
    01-02-09 02:04 PM
    I got the leather case for 8830 and it works great on the storm. It's less than $10 from amazon. The leather case for bold looks good in my opinion.
    01-02-09 02:06 PM
    The key for me was that I wanted it to be able to slip into my front pants pocket rather easily - so the "skins" didn't work because they catch too much (lint too!). So I also tried the hard case from VZN - I like the crome front plate with the smoked backing. Does really make the Storm look classy too.

One problem - don't drop it. I did once (albeit on a tile floor) and it broke. So I'm off to VZN to buy another one - I still like em (the dropping as my fault)!
    flex armour covers the speaker on the back??? For real?
    this one looked cool but i don't own it.

Leather case for BlackBerry Storm
    01-02-09 02:10 PM
    i plan on getting one of the innocases from seidio. not sure which one at the moment. but i had one for my i760 and it was top notch. i think i might get a holster as well. who knows.
    01-02-09 02:21 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD