I ordered the BSE but I would like a little extra protection for my Berry when I put it in my purse. I like the some of the holster cases by BB but I don't need the holster part nor do I want anything jutting out from the case. I would like something to keep the Berry thin, protected from the contents of my purse but still able to see my Berry's blinking light and able to remove from the case quickly. I hate BB supplied case as I cannot see the blinking light and it is a pain to pull out of the case.
    07-29-08 11:25 AM
    I would recommend Seidio Rubberized Case. Really thin and lightweight while providing great protection. Seidio plus BSE is perfect combo for protection inside your purse!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-08 11:30 AM
    I got the SPE combiflip case because it covers the screen and keypad. from the store here.
    07-29-08 11:42 AM
    I think I am most concerned about the trackball getting smashed in my purse. I will check out the combiflip but it seems bulky. I was hoping for something to slip the berry quickly in and out of, sort of envelope or maybe pouch like but able to see the blinking light and with the magnet. I think I might be asking for too much.
    Last edited by davisesq212; 07-29-08 at 12:21 PM.
    07-29-08 12:06 PM
    I have the same issue, I end up dialing a bunch of numbers or opening applications. For now I just have several skins I use but nothing to protect the screen or keys from dialing. The combiflip sounds like a good idea though.
    07-29-08 12:20 PM
    Until I got my gelskin, I loved the pouch that came with the Curve. I have cell phone pockets in my purses and the OEM pouch fit perfectly in the pocket. I could peek inside my purse and see the red light flashing and it was really easy to just slide it out when it rang.
    07-29-08 12:21 PM
    My OEM pouch offers great protection, doesn't cover the LED light, and has the magnet.

Are you sure you are putting it in correctly?
    07-29-08 12:24 PM
    Use the OEM sleeve, it sounds like just what you want. I use the Seidio clip holster on the outside, but when putting the Curve in my pocket, i use the OEM sleeve.
    07-29-08 12:27 PM
    Maybe I am putting it in incorrectly but there are only two ways to put it in......no, wait, there are 4 ways....well, I always put it in with the top up (so that elimiates 2 ways) and the flashing light is on the face of the Berry so once in the OEM (with either of the remaining 2 other ways), the light is always is covered. The Berry is quite snug in the OEM so I always seem to miss the call once I pull out the Berry.
    07-29-08 12:40 PM
    I bought a clear plastic case for my BB to protect it from accidental drops and then I bought a kangeroo "cigarette" case - so I can always feel where my BB is in my purse. The "cigarette" case is the perfect size and a conversation piece when I pull out my BB
    07-29-08 01:28 PM
    The OEM pouch loosens up. When they're brand new they're very snug but they stretch a little with constant use.

I don't know how you couldn't see the LED...I have mine in it's OEM pouch with a silicone skin on it and I can still see the LED...
    07-29-08 01:32 PM
    OK, I have never smoked a cigarette...whats a kangeroo cig case? I didnt find much on google. Is it vintage? Hard or soft?

I am retrying the OEM and will update.

EDIT: OK, there is ONLY ONE way to put the Berry in the case. I figured that ugly extra black strip on the front is actually functional in that it protects the trackball, the thing I was most worried about. If I don't jam the Berry that far down, the light is exposed but so is a small portion of the Berry. I also loosened it up a lot on my own and if I push the sides of the OEM sleeve when pulling out the Berry, it comes out quicker. I am sure, as Navan mentioned, the leather will loosen. I just wish the sleeve looked nicer.
    Last edited by davisesq212; 07-29-08 at 01:52 PM.
    07-29-08 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD