03-14-08 09:37 PM
27 12
tools
    any of you guys use a case for your pearl? which is the best one?

is the blackberry series 8100 skin good

BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail

or is the seidio super slim one good? or any others?

Seidio Super Slim Rubberized Hard Case for BlackBerry Pearl 8130, Pearl 8110 - ShopCrackBerry
    03-09-08 11:45 AM
    I use the OEM skins for my pearl along with a screen protector and they've kept it in mint condition.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-08 11:51 AM
    I have the OEM skin and it seems a little flimsey.
    03-09-08 12:07 PM
    I went with the BESTSKINEVER followed by the SuperSlim Hybrid Case from Seidio. Love the combination of protection, belt-clip option and grip....without giving up any size/bulk.

Both are of high quality and I haven't given me a bit of problem. I also picked up the Seidio charging cradel and it's great for displaying the Berry and keeping it upright. Also works with Case on. Love it.
    03-09-08 12:13 PM
    I got one of those rubber protectors and a screen protector, since I have to pocket it at work. I bought a workforce holster at home depot for 8 bucks and got a free flashlight out of the deal for the rest of the time.

03-09-08 12:22 PM
    This is an excellent case. My husband just got one and it really does fit like a glove and gives a good grip without much bulk. It protects the screen as well, and is made to fit perfectly (by Bodyglove) ...and reasonable price too.
    I would post the link, but I don't have 10 posts yet. Private Message me if you want the link or just google it. Its on the malcomwireless dot com website, look for the blackberry pearl 8130 (or any other model) and the product number is 46584
    shipping was prompt.
    My husband is very picky - he loves it.
    03-09-08 12:42 PM
    I have the BlackBerry 8100 series skin, and I really like it. It's flexible and soft but protective at the same time.
    03-09-08 01:03 PM
    Looony2nz,

Thanks a lot for the information about the case. The website is pretty good.
    03-09-08 01:16 PM
    I have the BB OEM skin, it does a good job of protection the case but makes it a bit annoying to pull the BB out of your pocket.
    03-09-08 01:33 PM
    what makes the seidio superslim skin so much more expensive the the bb one? id think the bb brand one would be more expensive, is there a major difference between them that im missing?
    03-09-08 02:20 PM
    I use the blackberry oem holster along wit the best skins ever, i like the combo!!
    BlackBerry Leather Holster with Swivel Belt Clip for Pearl 8130, Pearl 8120, Pearl 8110, Pearl 8100 - ShopCrackBerry
    03-09-08 04:08 PM
    I got the seidio premium skin case along with the ultimate screen guard works great looks great too!
    03-09-08 07:12 PM
    i use skins, right now i have blackberry silicone skins, i just put bestskinsever screen protector on and i have the seido holster for skinned 8130's. it's perfect for me.
    Last edited by kmc979; 03-10-08 at 03:32 PM.
    03-09-08 10:29 PM
    not going to lie, the case i've found the most practical [and] that i'm not even afraid to drop or loose is the one that came in the box with the phone. It's duriable and has lasted me a good 2 months without the sleightest sign of wear and tear.

Skins however, i purchased 3 different skins off of decalgirl.com and although they do look nice on the site, the backgrounds they provide don't match in colour and the skins aren't very well planned out. Some peices don't make sense. For example, the back piece goes over the edge of the cover restricting access to the battery unless you of course take off and re-apply the skin. And then there is the fact that these skins do not cover your screen!

Overal: original case / decalgirl.com if you like designs = strength
    03-09-08 11:51 PM
    ok so i was lookin at the blackberry skin, is it me or are the cutouts not in the right spots? it looks like the cutout in the back blocks some of the camera, the cutout on the right side of the phone leaves the right convenience key covered and the left side doesnt leave enogh of a cutout for the battery plug or the left convenience key? could this be possible?
    03-10-08 12:50 PM
    the blackberry silicone skins do cover the left and right convenience buttons but it is raised and textured so it's easy and never a problem, i actually like it better covered, the more covered the better. the cut outs are more than big enough. it in no way covers the camera or anything else. the only things the blackberry silicone skins cover up is the memory card slot on the side, but really is there a reason to be needing to access it that often and on the back, the (what i assume) are the connective things for cradle charging, so you would need to take it out of the skin to do that, which i don't. i love my silicone skins, i have three colors so far...
    03-10-08 03:32 PM
    Ihave one of the silicone cases and love it. I also use an Invisible Shield screen protector which kicks bum.
    The only thing I'd mention is that the 8100 and the 8130 are a bit different. I wanted a pretty orange and pink skin for my 8130 and the store at the mall only had the 8100 series. The camera on the back is horizontal on the 8100 and the right convenience key is lower.
    No dice! I'm going to order from the crackberry website. My black one kicks hiney.
    03-10-08 04:18 PM
    yeah i think i saw the 8100 series skin, not the one specifically made for the verizon 8130...hence the cutouts were a little different, ill have to look into that, thanks
    03-10-08 11:21 PM
    I just got the rubberized case from Seidio along with the holster today. I've never been one to use a holster, but I'm gonna give it a try. I will say the case feels solid without being bulky. It's more like a plastic shell than just a rubbery skin. It fits together solid, doesn't fall apart (one of my fears when ordering) and allows access to everything you need. I'll post more of my thoughts after a couple days of use. For those who care to hear them...
    03-11-08 12:11 AM
    I just got the rubberized case from Seidio along with the holster today. I've never been one to use a holster, but I'm gonna give it a try. I will say the case feels solid without being bulky. It's more like a plastic shell than just a rubbery skin. It fits together solid, doesn't fall apart (one of my fears when ordering) and allows access to everything you need. I'll post more of my thoughts after a couple days of use. For those who care to hear them...
    does seidio case feel like a piece of plastic or is it rubbery like the bb skin? ure talking about the super slim one from seidio right?
    03-11-08 11:02 AM
    the skin is ok but it is hard to get out of your pocket so i bought a leather holster keeps it protected
    03-11-08 11:05 AM
    If you want a good price check on ebay.
    03-11-08 04:24 PM
    does seidio case feel like a piece of plastic or is it rubbery like the bb skin? ure talking about the super slim one from seidio right?
    This is the exact thing I got...
    Click Here

It's not as 'rubbery' as the skins, yet not really plastic feeling. A cross of the two I suppose, on the inside of the case you can see that it is actually plastic but the outside of it feels kinda....'soft' (for lack of better way to describe). It fits in the holster very well, screen is protected, battery door is protected by case. I feel like if I were to (God forbid) drop my BB, it would be pretty well protected. Which is something that bothered me about using the Original leather case it came with, however I like the sleeper function which is why I opted for the holster. I've only had one full day with it now, but I really think it will serve the purpose I bought it for.

My only complaint would be... the buttons along the bottom row, space/0 in particular, are slightly more difficult to push because the case is a little thicker.... but that's stretching to find a complaint, it's really not that big of a deal.
    Last edited by mlsanders; 03-11-08 at 07:48 PM.
    03-11-08 07:42 PM
    I use the same belt clip holster and it works great! Unfortunately, I can only fit the BB in the holster w/out the skin.

I prefer to handle the BB with the skin...it just feel more secure but I believe that it is more critical to have it securely on my belt clip than my back pocket.
    03-13-08 11:37 PM
    There are 2 different holsters. One works with the skin and one without. I agree with prefering my BB to be in a case/skin. I just feel safer that way. My BB fits perfectly in the holster with the case, but a little loose without. Overall, I'm very happy with it.

03-14-08 09:37 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD