I am wondering what the best case would be for me to use. I want all around good protection of my 9700, I would like to get some screen protectors too so I can keep my screen clear. But I usually like to have my phones in my pocket and silicone cases are terrible for that, but I don't want a hard case like the one I had for my 8520 cause it's a PITA to take it off to do a battery pull (I do AT LEAST one a day, usually more). The case that came with my 9700 is fine, but its a pain to keep putting it in the case and taking it out all the time. I like to take real good care of my phones, but I also want to reduce the amount of inconveniences I deal with. So what would be the best case for me to get?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-10 01:11 AM
    My recommendation to use: http://shop.crackberry.com/case-mate...medium=content

Does not "bulk up" the phone. Comes with a very good screen protector.

My recommendation to avoid: Anything by Otterbox. The things are entirely too
    bulky (even their thinnest) and are the ugliest cases ever created. When I got
    mine I put it on the phone, immediately took it off, repackaged it and sent it
    back. It was that bad IMO.

Why are you pulling your battery once a day. With the 9700 this is unnecessary.
    I have not done a battery pull or reset in close to a month.
    08-07-10 01:17 AM
    How easy are the Barely There Case Mates to remove and put back on? I do battery pull at least once a day cause for whatever reason things do get slowed down a little and MemoryUp Personal always shows something taking memory up. After a battery pull is 93% free space and 7% used though it wants to be 94/6 and by the end of the day its at 88/12 or more. I know that's still a lot of free memory, but I really like to keep on top of it and keep my BB running the very best it can.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-10 01:52 AM
    You don't need to remove the battery to do a reboot, just press at the same time,
    ALT + RIGHT SHIFT + DEL. That will reboot your phone without taking out the battery.

Seriously though, rebooting the phone, either by battery pull, keyboard reset, or
    an app IS NOT designed to be memory management. Nor is it meant to be used
    as routine device maintenance. The phone does this well enough on it's own.
    Always has. I never rebooted my 8100 or 8310 and those had 4 times less
    memory than the 9700 I have now.

I find taking the Barely There case off quite easy. Just have to get the hang of it.
    08-07-10 01:29 PM
    Hey AG, have you tried the case-mate hybrid? It looks like a nice case and I've always been fond of Case-Mate
    08-07-10 02:42 PM
    Hey AG, have you tried the case-mate hybrid? It looks like a nice case and I've always been fond of Case-Mate
    Actually I did with the 8900. It is a very nice case but I liked the Barely There
    better so that's what I went with for the 9700. You can't really go wrong with
    either IMO.
    08-07-10 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD