What's the best case/holster combo for the Bold 9650 besides the otterbox defender?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-11 08:38 PM
    depends on your level of protection you need.

naked with the oem holster is great. epik makes skins with compatible holsters, do need to mod the case a slight bit to use it with the charger, but none the less its a nice set up.
    01-16-11 09:45 PM
    I either go naked with my extended battery from seidio and belt clip from them as well or I go commuter case with extended battery and in pocket.

01-17-11 01:01 AM
    I just worry about the screen scratching. Like I would go naked with one of the seidio holsters I just worry the screen will become ruined. I have the defender now and do landscaping but the otterbox is way to bulky for my liking and I deff need a holster

01-17-11 05:46 PM
    Here is a combo worth looking into. Get the extended 2600mah battery, a Otterbox Commuter case, there is a YouTube video about customizing the case and then fit it all into a leather 9000 holster case. Works like a charm.
    01-17-11 06:32 PM
    How durable is the screen on this phone though? Can it take a good beating or just throw the screen protector on?

01-18-11 07:03 AM
    I have a screen protector and have no issues.
    01-18-11 07:48 AM
    How durable is the screen on this phone though? Can it take a good beating or just throw the screen protector on?

Here is how I do it:
    • Privacy Screen Protector - Scratching the screen was a major concern for me.
    • Seidio 2600 mAh Extended battery.
    • The case that RIM provided me when I puchased my Bold and Tour.
    The fit is snug but I think that is a good thing. Even before I got the extended battery I had started putting my phone to sleep, holding down "A" key, to avoid unwanted key presses when inserting in case so I have continued to do that and it works very well for me.
    01-18-11 08:05 AM
    I just decided to go with the oem holster for a few days and have my seidio spring clip holster on the way and as for the screen protector its a company phone so if it scratches it scratches lol thanks for all the help guys

01-18-11 12:08 PM
    epik resin + oem holster + screen protector.

i haven't personally tried the following combo, but i heard:

otterbox commuter + 9000 oem holster
    works well too
    01-18-11 09:00 PM
    I wonder if my Bold in its Otterbox Commuter case would fit into the OEM pouch/holster for the Torch?
    01-19-11 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD