So as we all know, there are tons of cases for the bold (and other cell phones). I was wondering which ones are less expensive but offers good protection.

I'm pretty much desperate for a case now because I dropped my phone and got some dents on the bezel.
    06-19-09 06:57 PM
    The one I like I bought from Ebay. It's a hard black case with a non-slip rubber like finish and there is a solid clear cover over the LCD screen.
    06-19-09 11:20 PM
    I'm using the casemate smart skin at the moment it has save my phone quite a few times, the best part about it is it comes with a free screen protector. But I'm waiting for the siedo inocase 360 to come out from the bold!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 10:18 AM
    As far as dent protection, I would think the silicone/rubber type cases would be good. The casesmart case is nice, but the trackball access is kind of hindered (my biggest complaint about that case). They are easy to take off, though, so you can do true battery pulls and use the charging dock easily with those.

As far as hard cases, JReel is partial to the Innocase 360 and the other Innocase hard case. They work OK, but I haven't "tested" the drop factor with those. Also, taking those off (to do a battery pull or use the charging dock) can be a pain in the you know what. I broke my first Innocase just trying to take it off. (It was replaced by Crackberry/Innocase without much hassle - I just didn't like the delay in getting my emails answered while initiating the replacement process.) Check out some of JReel's videos and reviews for more in depth reviews (I think they're in the community reviews forum here on Crackberry).
    06-20-09 10:30 AM
    As far as dent protection, I would think the silicone/rubber type cases would be good. The casesmart case is nice, but the trackball access is kind of hindered (my biggest complaint about that case). They are easy to take off, though, so you can do true battery pulls and use the charging dock easily with those.

As far as hard cases, JReel is partial to the Innocase 360 and the other Innocase hard case. They work OK, but I haven't "tested" the drop factor with those. Also, taking those off (to do a battery pull or use the charging dock) can be a pain in the you know what. I broke my first Innocase just trying to take it off. (It was replaced by Crackberry/Innocase without much hassle - I just didn't like the delay in getting my emails answered while initiating the replacement process.) Check out some of JReel's videos and reviews for more in depth reviews (I think they're in the community reviews forum here on Crackberry).
    I had the same experience with my Seidio innocase. Broke after a few weeks but now is being replaced. Same experience also with the smart case it came in the way of the trackball. Cheapest case that provides decent protection and doesnt take any functionality away from the phone I would say is the OEM skin. Although it is a lint magnet and is hard to take out of your pocket.
    06-20-09 10:39 AM
    I've also got a black aluminium PDair case (hinged) which is very convenient to use, Bold just slips in and out by a single clip on the side - also has full plastic screen cover and removable belt clip.
    Not as robust as the Otterbox but much easier to work with when not in harsh working conditions.

PDair Belt Clip
    06-20-09 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD