12-06-08 02:20 AM
34 12
tools
    I am looking for a new case (this would be my 3rd for this phone) and I would like to hear from others on what they think. I've searched the store and I've read TONS of reviews, but I can't seem to find exactly what I want... maybe it's not out there?
    Here's what I would like:
    Something that would make the Curve a little less slippery
    Something that would protect the screen from scratches (I've seen a plastic over the complete face, but wondered about the use of the trackball at that point)
    It doesn't have to have a holster or belt clip, but if so, it would need to be removable.

Any ideas? Thanks!
    10-13-08 11:23 AM
    This + This (Screen only)

Is what I use. Works well
    10-13-08 12:50 PM
    I got this one for $12 shipped on ebay:
    Cellet® Products :: Chargers, Cases, Proguards, Charms, Skins

Belt clip and the stub are completely both detachable, pretty cool.
    10-13-08 12:56 PM
    I use the first case that cwake posted. Very nice and also slip resistant due to the fact that the case is made of a rubber material. I like it alo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-08 02:04 PM
    I use the Seidio belt clip. I tried the side pouch and found that it was to bulky and inconvenient take the phone out and put it back in.
    10-13-08 04:01 PM
    Body Glove baby!!! BlackBerry 8330 Curve Body Glove Snap-On Case with Removable Belt Clip - Original (OEM) 9085801 The best case ive ever had!!

10-13-08 04:27 PM
    Body Glove baby!!! BlackBerry 8330 Curve Body Glove Snap-On Case with Removable Belt Clip - Original (OEM) 9085801 The best case ive ever had!!

I bought this one for mine a week ago and it is starting to come apart causing my Blackberry to fall on the ground. I also must note that my phone is on and off the hip a lot and I am rough on cases.
    10-13-08 05:37 PM
    That's strange. I often find it really hard to take out of its case I'd I need to replace my sim card or if it gets dusty to clean it. Luckily it hasn't gotten lose or anything yet (only had it for 5 days now though so anything can happen)

10-13-08 05:48 PM
    I use the Otter Box case and love it. Excellent protection (I have dropped my curve multiple times with no ill effects) and it has a great feel to it. The included belt clip is great, not flimsy and it rotates with a solid ratchet. Also comes with a screen protector. I will say it does make the phone a bit more bulky but in my opinion thats a small price to pay for the protection this case delivers.
    10-13-08 06:06 PM
    I am **** on a phone and I also deer hunt. I have the Otterbox as well. It is a monster and not the best looking but it is built like a tank. I never worry about my phone being damaged. I have dropped it atleast 20 feet in the air from a stand as well and not one issue with the phone afterwards.
    10-13-08 06:17 PM
    Does the 1st case that Cwake posted have screen protection as well? The picture looks like it does, but I wasn't sure. Thanks!
    10-13-08 06:58 PM
    I don't think so, which is why he uses the screen protector too. I think I will be trying both of those products.
    10-13-08 07:13 PM

I have this same one, it's great...
    10-13-08 07:34 PM
    Does that body glove case also protect the screen? And also would it fit an 8310?
    10-13-08 09:02 PM
    Is what I use. Works well [/QUOTE]

I use both as well. By far the best combo I'e found (and I have tried em all!!!!)
    10-13-08 10:03 PM
    *Inserts my 2 cents*

OtterBox all the way. We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com

I love the way it protects my device and the way it looks and feels. On top of that had amazing (at least to me) customer service experince with them last week. I e-mailed them a question about the case, and in more or less a afterthought told them the black silicone outer cover seemed to be looser than it should.

In their reply e-mail (less than 12 hours later) they answered my first question and said they would send me a new replacement for the silicone outer cover for free. Just got it today and case is like new. In my opinion that is far more customer service than I ever expected for a phone case and good response times to me.

here's the case I got BlackBerry Curve Defender Case // OtterBox.com don't forget to google otterbox coupon code before ordering. Think the one I found gave me 20% off.
    10-13-08 10:23 PM
    OtterBox! Great protection, although it adds bulk, you have a "feel" for your BB. I'm around water all day, the extra full protection of the screen & keyboard helps keep moisture out. (It,s not waterproof so if it goes in the water, well). One drawback, if you get the bigger battery, the OB won't fit.
    Hope this helps you.
    Kate

10-13-08 10:24 PM
    I have a question. I too am looking for a hard case for my 8330, yet every hard case I've found has a corner that doesn't shut. I have tried several cases and everyone of them seems to have that problem. Any help would be great! Thanks a bunch in advance

10-13-08 10:38 PM
    I have a question. I too am looking for a hard case for my 8330, yet every hard case I've found has a corner that doesn't shut. I have tried several cases and everyone of them seems to have that problem. Any help would be great! Thanks a bunch in advance

I don't know if a Otter box would be what you consider a hard case, but It has a clear silicone cover that covers the screen, and keyboard on the front, (trackball is exposed) speaker and mic areas are covered by a thin fabric type material. and back is covered by clear silicone. Hard plastice framwork/case goes over that (and it does click shut all the way around). And a black silicone cover goes over that. The usb/headphone jacks are covered with a flap of the black silicone that covers them snugly.

The protected/armored (hehe) blackberry then snaps into a hard plastic belt-clip holster that is the strongest/most secure belt clip i've ever used. Yes the blackberry is not difficult at all to get out of the holster. I've even held the holster upside down with blackberry in it and shook it and it didn't fall out, but a little pull and it comes out with ease.
    10-13-08 10:47 PM
    *Inserts my 2 cents*

OtterBox all the way. We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com

I love the way it protects my device and the way it looks and feels. On top of that had amazing (at least to me) customer service experince with them last week. I e-mailed them a question about the case, and in more or less a afterthought told them the black silicone outer cover seemed to be looser than it should.

In their reply e-mail (less than 12 hours later) they answered my first question and said they would send me a new replacement for the silicone outer cover for free. Just got it today and case is like new. In my opinion that is far more customer service than I ever expected for a phone case and good response times to me.

here's the case I got BlackBerry Curve Defender Case // OtterBox.com don't forget to google otterbox coupon code before ordering. Think the one I found gave me 20% off.
    Be very careful with the "FREE" quote if you are in Canada. I had them tell me the same thing, all they were sending was the clear cover. The decided to pack something that would of fit perfectly into an envelope, into a box that was 5x5x8 and put the value for customs on the box as the full price of the otterbox. I ended up having to pay $10 Canadian to receive a plastic cover that, as Otterbox put it, has "no value" Their response when I contacted them on this, "deal with customs, not our problem"

Mike
    10-13-08 10:54 PM
    Be very careful with the "FREE" quote if you are in Canada. I had them tell me the same thing, all they were sending was the clear cover. The decided to pack something that would of fit perfectly into an envelope, into a box that was 5x5x8 and put the value for customs on the box as the full price of the otterbox. I ended up having to pay $10 Canadian to receive a plastic cover that, as Otterbox put it, has "no value" Their response when I contacted them on this, "deal with customs, not our problem"

Mike
    Mike, sorry to hear that but glad you pointed that out. I am in USA so it did arrive free. That being said as bad as that is and as agrivating as that is it's not OtterBox's fault. I used to work for a company where I had to process shipments, even international. Any time something crosses a country border all kinds of odd charges apply. This is something done by customs, and at no control of OtterBox.

I do agree with you it is angering and frustrating, but nothing they could do about it from my understanding.

Glad you pointed it out though in case someone here looking at ordering one is in Canada, etc.
    10-13-08 10:59 PM
    one more vote for the Body Glove case. the price was great too ($15) I haven't had the problem of the case splitting like lithpd101, but I haven't had it for very long. time will tell...
    10-14-08 12:27 AM
    Does the body glove case fit the 8310 and does it protect the screen?
    10-14-08 08:08 AM
    How do you get the body glove apart once its on the phone? I need to do a soft reboot but can't get at the battery?
    10-14-08 03:26 PM
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I went with a Seidio Rubberized Hard Case and a screen protector. We'll see how I like it when I receive it next Monday!
    10-14-08 03:41 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD