03-14-10 06:19 PM
65 123
tools
    i want to get one really bad, but for some reason i dont really feel like the 30$ is totally worth it even though it does look really nice! As of right now im using my old 8330 sleeve and it fits a little loose, but its alright for the time being.
    02-02-10 07:20 PM
    The big name case makers always tend to charge quite a bit. If you can find them new sold by a 3rd party retailer, they often can be a lot cheaper (like ebay). Even better if they're used from someone.

That or hold out for a huge coupon sale.
    02-02-10 07:24 PM
    personally i think the black looks really cool with the 2 tone dark grey on the back, you should post actual pics of the blue.
    There should be pics of blue, black, pink and green in the very first post of this thread
    02-02-10 10:46 PM
    i want to get one really bad, but for some reason i dont really feel like the 30$ is totally worth it even though it does look really nice! As of right now im using my old 8330 sleeve and it fits a little loose, but its alright for the time being.
    I think the $30 is worth it JUST because of the protection. Drops, bumps, scrapes and all the other accidental stuff that can happen to your phone.
    02-02-10 10:48 PM
    case mate 8530, Cell Phones PDAs. Great deals on eBay!

ebay has loads from 16.99-19.99 ....lots of colors
    02-03-10 06:31 AM
    Can anyone tell me if the Otterbox Impact case will fit into an OEM Blackberry pouch?

Here's the case

http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=XSiDLu1_

And here's the pouch

http://www.alternativewireless.com/b...lster-case.jpg
    02-03-10 06:33 AM
    Can anyone tell me if the Otterbox Impact case will fit into an OEM Blackberry pouch?

Here's the case

http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=92IZPQrC

And here's the pouch

http://www.alternativewireless.com/b...lster-case.jpg

probably not...and would be a bear to pull out with case being rubberized...and the Otter Box comes with its own clip, its not designed to go in a pouch...hence the name "IMPACT case"
    02-03-10 06:37 AM
    I’m looking at the Case-Mate (barely there) one as well. I guess all rubberized cases would pose a problem getting in and out of the pouch. Anyone have any suggestions for a protective case? I will need to keep it in the Blackberry pouch. Thanks.
    02-03-10 07:14 AM
    go with a silicone cover....cheap and does the job...on ebay you can get "packs" of colors cheap...good luck!!

silicone case for 8530, Cell Phones PDAs. Great deals on eBay!
    02-03-10 07:20 AM
    google is your friend...
    02-03-10 07:21 AM
    Thanks for the help.
    02-03-10 08:09 AM
    Im looking at the Case-Mate (barely there) one as well. I guess all rubberized cases would pose a problem getting in and out of the pouch. Anyone have any suggestions for a protective case? I will need to keep it in the Blackberry pouch. Thanks.
    If she has to keep it in a pouch, why would she use a silicone cover? Wouldn't that be just as hard to pull out as anything else? If you HAVE to use a pouch then I would go with the Case-mate Barely There which offers a impact resistant flexible plastic shell. The Clear Armor seems pretty serious too! Saying this stuff was used to protect Army helicopter blades back in the day. Case-Mate BlackBerry Curve 8520 Clear Armor (Case-Mate BB8520-ARM), Blackberry Clear Armor - Invisible Blackberry Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins
    02-03-10 11:59 AM
    If she has to keep it in a pouch, why would she use a silicone cover? Wouldn't that be just as hard to pull out as anything else? If you HAVE to use a pouch then I would go with the Case-mate Barely There which offers a impact resistant flexible plastic shell. The Clear Armor seems pretty serious too! Saying this stuff was used to protect Army helicopter blades back in the day. Case-Mate BlackBerry Curve 8520 Clear Armor (Case-Mate BB8520-ARM), Blackberry Clear Armor - Invisible Blackberry Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins
    good stuff Reno
    02-03-10 02:48 PM
    Hey, I just got this case Hard Shell Skinnies for Blackberry Curve 8520 - Black: ExtremePDA

its totally awesome, ive dropped it on a terrazo floor, and it is very durable...plus a great price!!! and shipped to canada really fast (<1 week) for cheap shipping...
    02-03-10 02:52 PM
    Hey, I just got this case Hard Shell Skinnies for Blackberry Curve 8520 - Black: ExtremePDA

its totally awesome, ive dropped it on a terrazo floor, and it is very durable...plus a great price!!! and shipped to canada really fast (<1 week) for cheap shipping...
    nice !!! gotta check the site out!!
    02-03-10 02:58 PM

Looks and sounds exactly like the Case-mate barely there case. Around same price as well. Both look decent though.
    02-04-10 06:30 AM
    good stuff Reno
    Thanks
    02-04-10 06:31 AM
    I ended up ordering the Incipio SILICRYLIC case. It has a thin inner case and hard outer case that snaps on top. Looks pretty good and it wasn't too pricey either. I'll let everyone know how it is when I get it.

Incipio Carrying Cases - SILICRYLIC Silicone with Plastic Case for BlackBerry Curve 8520 8530 - Black
    02-04-10 08:11 AM
    I ended up ordering the Incipio SILICRYLIC case. It has a thin inner case and hard outer case that snaps on top. Looks pretty good and it wasn't too pricey either. I'll let everyone know how it is when I get it.

Incipio Carrying Cases - SILICRYLIC Silicone with Plastic Case for BlackBerry Curve 8520 8530 - Black
    Looks and sounds like the exact same as the Hybrid tough case. The silicone inner core topped with a snap on plastic hard shell. Only difference I see is that the Hybrid you choose between 4 different colors. That Incipio is black only. It's $5 bucks cheaper, but hey I don't paying the extra 5 for decent color in my life haha
    02-04-10 08:26 AM
    couple questions before i order.

does this case make the phone feel heavier? Thicker?

does this case make the phone hard to get out of your pocket, only for jeans obviously because its grippy?

does it come with a screen protector?
    02-04-10 07:17 PM

Oh yea, she is a he. LOL
    02-04-10 07:19 PM

does this case make the phone hard to get out of your pocket, only for jeans obviously because its grippy?

anyone know?
    02-04-10 07:49 PM

-Doesn't make it feel any more heavier than it is.
    -Not hard to get in and out of your jeans pocket because I do it all day long with no problems.
    -It does come with a screen protector, so you should be set =)
    02-04-10 08:51 PM
    awesome, found them on an ebay store for 25$ shipped!
    02-04-10 09:27 PM
    That case looks really great. I really like my Otterbox commuter case for my 8530!
    02-04-10 09:48 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD