03-14-10 06:19 PM
65 123
tools
    If you're going to drop the money on a case to help protect your blackberry, then you should just go ahead and invest the $30 bucks to fully protect it. I went through a ton of cases trying to find the right one, and when I ran across the case-mate Hybrid case for the 8520/8530 I knew it was going to be the one. Sure enough I got the case in 2-3 days after ordering and it has been great. Comes with a inner silicon lining topped with a hard outer shell. Fits great in your hand, easy to configure, and comes with a screen protector as well. It comes in green, sky blue, pink, and black. Here's the link: Case-Mate BlackBerry Curve 8520 Hybrid Tough Cases (Case-Mate BB8520HY), BlackBerry Curve 8520 Cases, Holsters, Skins, and Accessories in Premium Leather - Model 8520
    Last edited by Reno.Meeks; 02-01-10 at 10:10 AM.
    02-01-10 10:06 AM
    Nice! Definately getting me one of these. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-10 10:29 AM
    How do these compare to Otter Box cases? A buddy of mine works for a county fire department truck repair. He was up about 2 stories on one of the ladder trucks and dropped his Storm 2 on accident. It landed onto the concrete below and the phone is perfect. Now the case is scratched up but the phone is fine.

Was going to get a case for what ever BB i may upgrade to soon. Just curious how they compare.
    02-01-10 10:33 AM
    How do these compare to Otter Box cases? A buddy of mine works for a county fire department truck repair. He was up about 2 stories on one of the ladder trucks and dropped his Storm 2 on accident. It landed onto the concrete below and the phone is perfect. Now the case is scratched up but the phone is fine.

Was going to get a case for what ever BB i may upgrade to soon. Just curious how they compare.
    Not sure about the Otter box. I've heard good and bad..I guess it all depends on person preference. As far as durability I know this hybrid case from case-mate is GREAT.
    02-01-10 10:46 AM
    Nice! Definately getting me one of these. :-)

Two thumbs up.
    02-01-10 10:46 AM
    I have a Otterbox Denfender on my 8330. Im a paramedic so i need something that will protect the darn thing. I have been totally satisfied with my case. it does make it a lilttle bulky but im needing function not style. If i wanted style i would have been a model. lol by far a great case. Has the holster that comes with it. It also has the magnetic off switch built in the holster. it is avail for the 8530. Anyway, really good case. Highly recommend it.
    02-01-10 11:38 AM
    I have a Otterbox Denfender on my 8330. Im a paramedic so i need something that will protect the darn thing. I have been totally satisfied with my case. it does make it a lilttle bulky but im needing function not style. If i wanted style i would have been a model. lol by far a great case. Has the holster that comes with it. It also has the magnetic off switch built in the holster. it is avail for the 8530. Anyway, really good case. Highly recommend it.
    Yeah, I checked out the Otterbox case, and it looks pretty decent. Bulky looking like you said but all depends on your line of work I guess. As far as your everyday people who may be a bit clumsy, who leave their phone sitting on their lap in the car and tend to forget about it when they go to get out and drop it then the case-mate hybrid is great. Especially with the colors.
    02-01-10 12:47 PM
    Went with the otterbox impact. The defender is too bulky for my needs.
    Last edited by papped; 02-01-10 at 01:17 PM.
    02-01-10 12:57 PM
    The otterbox is way too big. Unless you do construction, or something where you phone gets banged up a lot you don't need something like that. C'mon its not Fort Knox, it's a phone. LOL
    02-01-10 01:07 PM
    The Impact isn't that big though

Last edited by papped; 02-01-10 at 01:17 PM.
    02-01-10 01:13 PM
    How much bulk does the hybrid case add to the phone? I currently use the case mate barely there case or an Epik case. (I love them both!) I don't like a lot of added bulk.
    02-01-10 04:06 PM
    I'm thinking about getting the green hybrid case and would also like to know how much it "adds" to the phone. Does it make it feel too bulky?
    02-01-10 06:46 PM
    I'm thinking about getting the green hybrid case and would also like to know how much it "adds" to the phone. Does it make it feel too bulky?
    It doesn't add much AT ALL. Fits and feels GREAT in your hand.
    02-01-10 07:02 PM
    That's good to hear.
    02-01-10 07:03 PM
    How much bulk does the hybrid case add to the phone? I currently use the case mate barely there case or an Epik case. (I love them both!) I don't like a lot of added bulk.
    The hybrid case is awesome, like I was saying it has an inner silicon wrap with a hardened plastic outer shell. It fits extremely well. It does NOT add a very bulky figure to your phone like otterbox does. The impact series from Otterbox does not offer colors as well. The hybrid offers 4 different colors you can see in my first post. If you do construction then yeah I would say the Otterbox defender would be ok. For your everyday wear and tear, accidental drops or whatever else may happen then the Hybrid case is the way to go.
    02-01-10 07:06 PM
    damn this case looks really nice, i may have to pick one up, black blur or green tho!?!??! haha
    02-01-10 07:55 PM
    damn this case looks really nice, i may have to pick one up, black blur or green tho!?!??! haha
    If you're going between those 2 colors then I'd go with green just to stand out from everyone else. I personally ordered the blue one myself. Up to you though
    02-01-10 08:12 PM
    I'd get the black one, those other colors stand out way too much...
    02-01-10 08:24 PM
    seidio innocase all the way...
    02-01-10 09:12 PM
    I'd get the black one, those other colors stand out way too much...
    Yeah, but EVERYBODY has black. Why not stand out a bit?
    02-01-10 09:19 PM
    They're kinda ugly that's why, lol

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-01-10 11:17 PM
    No belt holster makes this a "NO JOY" for me.

02-02-10 12:44 AM
    personally i think the black looks really cool with the 2 tone dark grey on the back, you should post actual pics of the blue.
    02-02-10 05:14 PM
    Very nice! I'm definitely gonna have to look into one!

02-02-10 06:30 PM
    I have a normal silicon case and thts good for me.

02-02-10 06:36 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD